Update on the McMichaels Trial. Motions, counter motions, and disappointment.

im not liberal

The old Self Defense laws in the 1980’s required that you retreat before taking action. If you had the ability to retreat. To run. You could not claim self defense.

The Castle Doctrine was pushed by the Conservatives to put forth the principle that no retreat was required. When faced with a threat you were morally and legally justified to take any action in self defense.

You say that Arbery was a fool for not running. Or surrendering. Liberals in the 80’s argued the same thing to oppose Castle Doctrine. So are you now saying the Liberals were right? Retreat, running away, or cooperation with your attacker is the best policy. The Conservative view was that such behavior encouraged crime.

The more I see - the more I think there are NO GOOD GUYS in this jogger murder trial. Aint no Gentleman Jim either way - possible that Arbery is doing more than recreational jogging, may be casing a joint - but - what do you steal from a house under construction? The 3 defendants seem to have taken the law into their own hands, set an ambush for Arbery and murdered him. They are toast.

The more I see - the more I think there are NO GOOD GUYS in this jogger murder trial. Aint no Gentleman Jim either way - possible that Arbery is doing more than recreational jogging, may be casing a joint - but - what do you steal from a house under construction? The 3 defendants seem to have taken the law into their own hands, set an ambush for Arbery and murdered him. They are toast.
Houses under construction are robbed all the time---for thousands $$$$ worth of stuff by druggies like ARBERY.

Forum List

Back