Update on food cost.

I just hit my goal of $120/month food cost, with a few dollars to spare.:dance:
Good job. My freezer went bad on me so I lost most the meat I stored over hunting season. Made my grocery bills higher than normal for a while. The fish are starting to bite so that will help bring those bills back down. Also investing in canning equipment so that freezer does not bite me in the ass that hard again.

I really have no idea how much we spend because there are so many moving parts to what ends up in the fridge and cabinets and I don't even keep track of what the Me cog spends let alone anybody else. That said, good for you to get it where you want it to be.

If I lived alone, I probably could keep it to $40 a week TBH. I like cheap food. I'd rather have liver and onions than a steak. There are several things I can do with a head of cabbage. I could eat homemade chili just about every day. The one cheap food I really don't care much about are eggs.

I really have no idea how much we spend because there are so many moving parts to what ends up in the fridge and cabinets and I don't even keep track of what the Me cog spends let alone anybody else. That said, good for you to get it where you want it to be.

If I lived alone, I probably could keep it to $40 a week TBH. I like cheap food. I'd rather have liver and onions than a steak. There are several things I can do with a head of cabbage. I could eat homemade chili just about every day. The one cheap food I really don't care much about are eggs.
I hear ya. In the Army we had both steak and liver and onions. Best of both I ever ate. Liver was cut thick like steak. :eusa_drool:

Eggs are a staple in my diet.

Not my point at all.
The same stuff would have went for half of that 6 months age.
Point taken.
I stopped eating salads, too expensive for the nutrition you get. Also the dressings I like are loaded with salt.

It took me over 200 days of keeping track as I had to keep buying things that I would run out of. You never eat everything in the house so it takes awhile to figger it out. When I hit $120/month I still had bread, milk, pasta/sauce, chicken and beef on hand. So my monthly cost would be several dollars less if I had eaten everything in the house. But I'm satisfied with my project as I have confirmed to myself that healthy food need not be expensive.

Anyone like to buy me breakfast?​

Lucerne Cottage Cheese, Large Curd, 4% Milkfat​

32 oz
$7.49

Ka Lei Island Large A Fresh Egg​

18 ct
$9.19
$0.51 each

Lucerne Dairy farms Milk​

128 oz
$7.69
$0.06/oz