Update: Asking for a raise

I would like my lost vacation I have lost over the past 3 years ( 3 weeks of vacation I earned - now I only get one week ) paid to me.......I want the time off - not the money.

I would like to stop having to pay for my own insurance - and my 100% insurance returned.

I would like a pay raise to make up for the $900.00 dollars a month I have lost when my job was contracted out.

I would like to be paid for when I work a supervisors spot.

Shadow 355

Hey Shadow,

So about that hostage situation thingy...how did things go?

Free the hostages!,
A1977

-

I would like my lost vacation I have lost over the past 3 years ( 3 weeks of vacation I earned - now I only get one week ) paid to me.......I want the time off - not the money.

I would like to stop having to pay for my own insurance - and my 100% insurance returned.

I would like a pay raise to make up for the $900.00 dollars a month I have lost when my job was contracted out.

Shadow 355

The first two of those things you can get yourself. 3 weeks without working. Easy. You want to stop paying for insurance? Easy.

The other two might be tough.

I paid you what you were worth, not what you wanted.

Are you suggesting that my new employer is paying me more than I am worth? If so, should I just milk it for all it is worth? Should I be concerned that I work for a company that makes poor decisions?

There seems to be some inaccuracies in what you are proclaiming.
Nope - I'm suggesting that I paid you an agreed upon value to do the work I wanted done. You weren't worth more than that to me. That's why I didn't mind when you left. If I was worried, I would have offered you more to stay.

As for your new employer - I suspect the work you are doing for him is worth what he's willing to pay.

Sounds like a win-win-win deal to me.

Shadow 355
Unfortunately, what you would like doesn't enter into the equation - unless you have made yourself critical to your employer's success.

Clearly, you haven't.

Shadow 355
Unfortunately, what you would like doesn't enter into the equation - unless you have made yourself critical to your employer's success.

Clearly, you haven't.

I provide Security - Fire and EMS services for a Department of a Defense contractor. I transport patients whom are trauma patients, and cardiac patients to the hospital. Some time ago; I treated two heart attack patients.

I extinguish fires , protect property and propriety machinery that makes the company millions, if not billions of dollars in revenue.

I prevent theft and unauthorized entry. I search vehicles to prevent and deter theft. I do security rounds to check for fires - leakage of chemicals and to prevent damage to company property.

You have no clue as to what i do, and you cannot fathom how extremely valuable me and my department is to the Company.

11 years I spent in the US Military - Security training and experience. I am Paramedic and Fire Fighter certified. And I have a college degree.

I am most critical in loss prevention, employee safety, the safety of the facility and employees !

Shadow 355

Shadow 355

Clearly, you haven't.

I provide Security - Fire and EMS services for a Department of a Defense contractor. I transport patients whom are trauma patients, and cardiac patients to the hospital. Some time ago; I treated two heart attack patients.

I extinguish fires , protect property and propriety machinery that makes the company millions, if not billions of dollars in revenue.

I prevent theft and unauthorized entry. I search vehicles to prevent and deter theft. I do security rounds to check for fires - leakage of chemicals and to prevent damage to company property.

You have no clue as to what i do, and you cannot fathom how extremely valuable me and my department is to the Company.

11 years I spent in the US Military - Security training and experience. I am Paramedic and Fire Fighter certified. And I have a college degree.

I am most critical in loss prevention, employee safety, the safety of the facility and employees !

Shadow 355

Your employer told me just exactly how critical you are ....

How long are you going to milk this thread? Good lord.

I guess I'm done discussing this. Now I am making so much money that I am not allowed to discuss it. It looks like I did a smart thing leaving my old job. This was fun. I'm glad I took the time to enjoy this. It looks like I won't have this opportunity again.

Last edited:
The moral of the story is: If your job sucks, quit and take 94 days off for a nice vacation. You'll definitely get a better job that pays so much that you won't be allowed to discuss it.

Thread unofficially closed.

If you're getting paid so much that you aren't allowed to discuss it, you're being used to launder money.

Just sayin.

How long are you going to milk this thread? Good lord.

I guess I'm done discussing this. Now I am making so much money that I am not allowed to discuss it. It looks like I did a smart thing leaving my old job. This was fun. I'm glad I took the time to enjoy this. It looks like I won't have this opportunity again.

I am very happy for you.

I hate working for cheap companies. They barely pay anything at all and getting a raise means ball busting effort. The next thing is that they treat their employees like garbage as well. It seems like the two go hand in hand with each other. Treat your employees like shit and treat them like shit.

I hate working for cheap companies. They barely pay anything at all and getting a raise means ball busting effort. The next thing is that they treat their employees like garbage as well. It seems like the two go hand in hand with each other. Treat your employees like shit and treat them like shit.

I used to work for a company like that but I quit. I ended up taking a 94 day vacation and then getting an awesome job. It was great.

Wow! 2 years later and it still worked out great that I left that crappy job. I don't know why you guys were giving me such a hard time.

New Topics

Forum List

Back