Upcoming Hulk Hogan movie.

Locke11_21

Democrat Party - the REAL Fascist Party
Dec 31, 2011
Bay State
There will be an upcoming Hulk Hogan movie. That actor to play Hogan will be Chris Hemsworth. Hemsworth is an excellent actor, but I am not sure how well he will sell the role of playing Hulk Hogan. I never got to see Hogan in his prime, but I have seen plenty of his older matches on YouTube and other media. When Hogan debuted back in the 1970's, he was billed as 6'9" tall and as heavy as 340 pounds. Hogan's real peak height was 6'7" and his heaviest weight was 330 pounds. Unfortunately for Hogan, poor posture, over 10 surgeries for his back and neck, and a horrible finisher in that leg drop caused him to lose a lot of his height which lead many people to doubt his 6'7" height, and yes he really as 6'7". Actor Chris Hemsworth at best is 6'2" and 225 pounds. I am not sure how they are are going to sell 6'2" for being 6'7" and 225 pounds for being 330 pounds. Hogan while he never had arms that truly measured 24", they were close to that measurement at 23". Hemsworth peaks out a 16". Hogan had absolutely massive hands, his wrists are over 9" in diameter. Hemsworth is nowhere near that. Regardless, I will watch this movie when it comes out and see how this his pulled off.

What I am really hoping to see in this movie is they show Hogan before Hulkamania. Believe it or not, while he was not a great technical wrestler, he was a good technical wrestler. All one has to do is watch Hogan's matches in Japan, or his pre-Hulkamania days. Before Hogan dumbly decided to use the legdrop as his finisher, he actually used to have real finishing moves. He used to use the bear hug, the over the shoulder back breaker submission hold and these moves were very believable given his massive size and tremendous strength (he had a max bench press of 627 pounds - highly impressive given his long arms and height). He also used to use the running powerslam as a finisher. Unfortunately, the birth of Hulkamania lead to Hogan losing roughly 75% of his technical skills. I also hope the movie accurately covers his scandals as well. Regardless what one thinks of Hogan, he was an impressive to say the least in his prime.

If I remember correctly Hogan was about 6'5 after numerous back surgeries.

Just out of curiosity, what in the hell did Hulk Hogan do that was so memorable that it needs a movie about him?

Professional wrestling is fake. Ask anyone who has ever actually been part of the sport.

Just out of curiosity, what in the hell did Hulk Hogan do that was so memorable that it needs a movie about him?
They shouldn't. If they want to make a bio pic about professional wrestling it should be about Vince McMahon. He took a a local entertainment company and turned it into a worldwide phenomenon. I've been a fan of professional wrestling since I was a kid, but I never considered it a sport. Its entertainment, nothing more.

They shouldn't. If they want to make a bio pic about professional wrestling it should be about Vince McMahon. He took a a local entertainment company and turned it into a worldwide phenomenon. I've been a fan of professional wrestling since I was a kid, but I never considered it a sport. Its entertainment, nothing more.

You're right. It's entertainment and nothing more. My Uncle Bill got pissed off at me when I started actual wrestling, because I told him that the "professionals" were wrong and not acting like real athletes. I first noticed it in 4th grade (when I started wrestling) and noticed that none of the so called "professionals" didn't understand about center of gravity, or how to actually take someone down.

You're right. It's entertainment and nothing more. My Uncle Bill got pissed off at me when I started actual wrestling, because I told him that the "professionals" were wrong and not acting like real athletes. I first noticed it in 4th grade (when I started wrestling) and noticed that none of the so called "professionals" didn't understand about center of gravity, or how to actually take someone down.
Probably why they started employing MMA fighters like Rhonda Rousey, Brock Lesnar and Shayna Baszler. Trying to make it more realistic, I guess. I went to a WWE show years ago. Got to see the Undertaker. THAT was impressive.

Professional wrestling is fake. Ask anyone who has ever actually been part of the sport.
Don't ask just anyone!

Getting back on topic.
4D7B8FD5-EEED-44EE-9B88-3F42CBD9A184.jpeg

Sounds like you were an annoying ass kid.

You think your Uncle Bill didn’t realize it was fake? He prob wanted to enjoy it without a little smart ass in his ear.

Forum List

Back