Unsubscribe

toobfreak

Tungsten/Glass Member
Apr 29, 2017
On The Way Home To Earth
No, not from here. Let me explain.

A year or two ago I joined a local neighborhood social media called Nextdoor. It was kind of dumb but OK. Mostly about local events, with posts mostly by women. I read but never participated. Lost cats, fireworks, library closings. A year ago I finally offered a suggestion. Got a lot of thanks and + feedback. I could tell that a lot of people thought and felt like me and found me refreshing.
  • THEN COVID HAPPENED. Someone brought up SCHOOL TAXES. I made the obvious statement that if the schools were going to be closed with kids reading lessons off their home laptops, there should be a reduction in operating costs and lower school taxes! A lot of people agreed. Then the fascists came rushing in and hammered me. Taxes are not high enough! How dare you question the schools!
  • THEN SOMEONE BROUGHT UP THE VIRUS. I tried having an intelligent discussion on the real threat and effectiveness of the mask. A lot of people agreed. Then the fascists came in again and attacked me, my medical knowledge, my opinion, how dare I question the official record!
  • THEN GEORGE FLOYD HAPPENED. They came out with an unsolicited, official policy of support for BLM and all things Black. I could see that just questioning the policy or asking questions would be deemed racist and hateful.
  • THEN SOMEONE GOT ON THERE ABOUT CALLING THE POLICE because they saw someone walking the street at night looking in people's yards, and I thought, gee, what if it was just a guy looking for his lost dog or something that got away? What were you doing watching the guy in the first place?
  • THEN SOMEONE STARTED BRAGGING ABOUT their 11 year old girl wanting a BLM sign. I wondered if she would have jumped for one had the girl wanted a MAGA sign?
  • THEN SOMEONE STARTED STEALING HER SIGN. She bought another and bragged she was going to put it in with 4X4 wood beams and contribute even more to BLM. I thought of asking her why she cared if anyone knew she supported BLM or if she knew the organization was run by Marxists and promoted an anti-police bias, but figured I was just wasting time.
  • THEN THE OTHER DAY a guy got on there and pointed out that BLM was a Marxist organization with a link to RealClearPolitics. I was tempted to comment by attaching the video where the co-founder openly stated she was Marxist and comment that this was fairly common knowledge to support the guy, but I didn't, figured I'd wait, I had a bad feeling. Never saw a single question, comment or reply to the guy. Dead silence. I thought that was rather strange. No one cared or questioned that BLM was Marxist???
  • YESTERDAY A LADY GOT ON AND ASKED where the guy went who made that post, was he censored? Never saw a single reply or comment to her either.
So curiosity got the better of me just now and I clicked on her post to get online and see what she was talking about. Maybe read the article he had linked to. Before I could even log in a disclaimer popped up full of all kinds of fascist edicts now about fairness, being helpful, freedom from "hate" and all kinds of flowery, good sounding words about no hate and everyone living happy ever after. And I realized that in effect, what they were really saying was that anything they disapproved of or didn't fit their agenda, things with keywords like Marxist would now be screened out, blocked, banned and deleted. Even if it was accurate and factual. So if you were a Marxist outfit like BLM, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to question that or get that information out to others because just TALKING about their being Marxist was HATEFUL!

But not their BEING Marxist.

Only approved topics and speech; merely questioning or presenting a POV opposing the popular one was now to be deemed hateful, racist or some other name and disallowed. Only sanitized, filtered, APPROVED speech would be allowed, always with the leftist slant.

And looking over the 8 or so categories of carefully worded new "conditions" or "rules" that would now limit or filter everything not allowing anyone to speak freely what they really thought or allow anyone to disagree with leftist, BLM, populist dogma, I had to click that I AGREED with these terms before even getting onto the site!

And I couldn't do that. In the name of PREVENTING discriminatory, hateful, intolerant dialog, they had just made themselves COMPLETELY discriminatory, hateful and intolerant!

So I turned off all my subscriptions and notifications and finally hunted down the carefully hidden page where you could delete your actual account, gave them my reason and PULLED THE PLUG. BYE. OUTTA THERE. SAYONARA.

I could see that I would be banned quickly under the new rules simply for my maleness, masculinity, lack of sickening, castrated PC, frankness, bluntness, and open questioning of mainstream ideas and topics with actual, intelligent analysis.

JUST SUCK ON THE TEAT OF LIBERALISM.

And I thought, so now, all the usual idiots there will now all bask in the usual uninterrupted unity of thought and ideas that the Left so much depend on, never seeing anyone giving a contrary contrasting, differing POV and will naturally conclude that ALL PEOPLE THINK LIKE THEM. Progressivism only survives by its silencing of all opposing viewpoints. Progressives like cockroaches do not weather well open examination of their ideas.

PROBABLY THE REASON WHY BIG CITY PROGRESSIVES ALL THINK BIDEN IS A SHOE IN. Why they think they are a majority.

So off I went into quiet silence, knowing I was powerless there anyway to fight the creeping Facebook Fascism that Progressives use to protect their delicate snowflake sensibilities, and I wondered if anyone there would even miss me, notice my absence, the total absence of any views which challenged the popular pap being pushed, and I wondered how many would follow like me? If they don't, if they accept the terms and stay, then they will get what they deserve.

No more will I have to read of the fearful moms worrying about why a car stopped on the street in front of her house, and wonder why she was looking out the window in the first place worrying about cars on the street? No more lost cats, or when can I pay my taxes or notifications by the state police on the good work of our governor or 10,000 other brain-dead morsels of gangliatic garbage. Let the Left have their own bubble of self-created self-serving seclusions.

Just don't look too surprised come Nov. 3 when I pull the lever for Trump again as I know a lot of others will. I don't want to hear that yawning gasp of horror and disbelief again when all the polls prove wrong and that silent majority comes out of nowhere again to snatch victory out of the hands of the Left.

Again.

Last edited:

A year or two ago I joined a local neighborhood social media called Nextdoor. It was kind of dumb but OK. Mostly about local events, with posts mostly by women. I read but never participated. Lost cats, fireworks, library closings. A year ago I finally offered a suggestion. Got a lot of thanks and + feedback. I could tell that a lot of people thought and felt like me and found me refreshing.
  • THEN COVID HAPPENED. Someone brought up SCHOOL TAXES. I made the obvious statement that if the schools were going to be closed with kids reading lessons off their home laptops, there should be a reduction in operating costs and lower school taxes! A lot of people agreed. Then the fascists came rushing in and hammered me. Taxes are not high enough! How dare you question the schools!
  • THEN SOMEONE BROUGHT UP THE VIRUS. I tried having an intelligent discussion on the real threat and effectiveness of the mask. A lot of people agreed. Then the fascists came in again and attacked me, my medical knowledge, my opinion, how dare I question the official record!
  • THEN GEORGE FLOYD HAPPENED. They came out with an unsolicited, official policy of support for BLM and all things Black. I could see that just questioning the policy or asking questions would be deemed racist and hateful.
  • THEN SOMEONE GOT ON THERE ABOUT CALLING THE POLICE because they saw someone walking the street at night looking in people's yards, and I thought, gee, what if it was just a guy looking for his lost dog or something that got away? What were you doing watching the guy in the first place?
  • THEN SOMEONE STARTED BRAGGING ABOUT their 11 year old girl wanting a BLM sign. I wondered if she would have jumped for one had the girl wanted a MAGA sign?
  • THEN SOMEONE STARTED STEALING HER SIGN. She bought another and bragged she was going to put it in with 4X4 wood beams and contribute even more to BLM. I thought of asking her why she cared if anyone knew she supported BLM or if she knew the organization was run by Marxists and promoted an anti-police bias, but figured I was just wasting time.
  • THEN THE OTHER DAY a guy got on there and pointed out that BLM was a Marxist organization with a link to RealClearPolitics. I was tempted to comment by attaching the video where the co-founder openly stated she was Marxist and comment that this was fairly common knowledge to support the guy, but I didn't, figured I'd wait, I had a bad feeling. Never saw a single question, comment or reply to the guy. Dead silence. I thought that was rather strange. No one cared or questioned that BLM was Marxist???
  • YESTERDAY A LADY GOT ON AND ASKED where the guy went who made that post, was he censored? Never saw a single reply or comment to her either.
So curiosity got the better of me just now and I clicked on her post to get online and see what she was talking about. Maybe read the article he had linked to. Before I could even log in a disclaimer popped up full of all kinds of fascist edicts now about fairness, being helpful, freedom from "hate" and all kinds of flowery, good sounding words about no hate and everyone living happy ever after. And I realized that in effect, what they were really saying was that anything they disapproved of or didn't fit their agenda, things with keywords like Marxist would now be screened out, blocked, banned and deleted. Even if it was accurate and factual. So if you were a Marxist outfit like BLM, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to question that or get that information out to others because just TALKING about their being Marxist was HATEFUL!

Only approved topics and speech; merely questioning or presenting a POV opposing the popular one was now to be deemed hateful, racist or some other name and disallowed. Only sanitized, filtered, APPROVED speech would be allowed, always with the leftist slant.

And looking over the 8 or so categories of carefully worded new "conditions" or "rules" that would now limit or filter everything not allowing anyone to speak freely what they really thought or allow anyone to disagree with leftist, BLM, populist dogma, I had to click that I AGREED with these terms before even getting onto the site!

And I couldn't do that. In the name of PREVENTING discriminatory, hateful, intolerant dialog, they had just made themselves COMPLETELY discriminatory, hateful and intolerant!

So I turned off all my subscriptions and notifications and finally hunted down the carefully hidden page where you could delete your actual account, gave them my reason and PULLED THE PLUG. BYE. OUTTA THERE. SAYONARA.

I could see that I would be banned quickly under the new rules simply for my maleness, masculinity, lack of sickening, castrated PC, frankness, bluntness, and open questioning of mainstream ideas and topics with actual, intelligent analysis.

And I thought, so now, all the usual idiots there will now all bask in the usual uninterrupted unity of thought and ideas that the Left so much depend on, never seeing anyone giving a contrary contrasting, differing POV and will naturally conclude that ALL PEOPLE THINK LIKE THEM. Progressivism only survives by its silencing of all opposing viewpoints. Progressives like cockroaches do not weather well open examination of their ideas.

PROBABLY THE REASON WHY BIG CITY PROGRESSIVES ALL THINK BIDEN IS A SHOE IN. Why they think they are a majority.

So off I went into quiet silence, knowing I was powerless there anyway to fight the creeping Facebook Fascism that Progressives use to protect their delicate snowflake sensibilities, and I wondered if anyone there would even miss me, notice my absence, the total absence of any views which challenged the popular pap being pushed, and I wondered how many would follow like me? If they don't, if they accept the terms and stay, then they will get what they deserve.

No more will I have to read of the fearful moms worrying about why a car stopped on the street in front of her house, and wonder why she was looking out the window in the first place worrying about cars on the street? No more lost cats, or when can I pay my taxes or notifications by the state police on the good work of our governor or 10,000 other brain-dead morsels of gangliatic garbage. Let the Left have their own bubble of self-created self-serving seclusions.

Just don't look too surprised come Nov. 3 when I pull the lever for Trump again as I know a lot of others will. I don't want to hear that yawning gasp of horror and disbelief again when all the polls prove wrong and that silent majority comes out of nowhere again to snatch victory out of the hands of the Left.

Again.
What’s funny about this, is you refer to those you oppose as fascists and Marxists. Yet, many on the right approve of government thugs beating up and kidnapping demonstrators. Some want them rounded up and executed.

Are you unaware that government actions like this are Fascist?

• Thanks
Reactions: Taz
Yet, many on the right approve of government thugs beating up and kidnap demonstrators.

They arrest them, they don't kidnap them.

There would be no point in kidnapping them. No one would pay the ransom.
Plain-clothed "cops" stuffing a woman into an unmarked van. Who's running the country? Stalin?

Again.

im hoping it looks likenitbdid in jones town after the kool-aid social. when the left loses they will go insane. they will have nothing left to lose.

Yet, many on the right approve of government thugs beating up and kidnap demonstrators.

Plain-clothed "cops" stuffing a woman into an unmarked van. Who's running the country? Stalin?

I'm pretty sure they had plain-clothes cops and unmarked cars even before President Trump was elected.

I've seen it in old movies.

put that way it just sounds gay. im sure she was just standing there holding a candle.

put that way it just sounds gay. im sure she was just standing there holding a candle.
Ya, but we used to only see shit like that in places like China, not the US. It's sad.

I'm pretty sure they had plain-clothes cops and unmarked cars even before President Trump was elected.

I've seen it in old movies.

i have seen it in person. im almost positive many here have to and never even knew. mine hspoened at an airport.

Forum List

Back