Unschooling

Have you heard about this crap?

A so called form of "homeschooling" where you don't teach the kids fuck all.

Brilliant! :rolleyes:

Unschooling: Homeschooling Without Books, Tests or Classes - ABC News

Though the children's father acknowledged they were growing up in a unique way, he said that "in all other aspects, they're … living in the mainstream."

"They have experiences and knowledge that other people don't," Yablonski said.

I wish he had listed a few "experiences and knowledge that other people don't" have.

The real tragedy here is that there are MANY kids being responsibly homeschooled, but NEA will use this idiot as an example of why parents cannot be trusted.

Is it sort of like turning children out with wild animals? Like in Jungle Book? They could learn to speak wolf, tiger and bear that way, you know....

Sorry, I haven't read the link.

JungleBook01.jpg

It will be after they land on the public dole.

Quite an assumption.

many people with nontraditional education are the most creative and productive.

Really?

:rolleyes:

I suppose we oughta close down Universities, except for their Athletic Programs.

You mean those bastions of intolerance to differing opinions. Where diversity is OK as long as you don't disagree with anyone?

And again it is quite a leap to assume I implied that all universities should be closed down. You're usually better than that.

But I will say all the athletic shit should be done away with. Do you attend university tio learn or to play games?

Quite an assumption.

many people with nontraditional education are the most creative and productive.

Really?

I suppose we oughta close down Universities, except for their Athletic Programs.

You mean those bastions of intolerance to differing opinions. Where diversity is OK as long as you don't disagree with anyone?

You know, that is just pure bullshit. When I attended college, the one thing that my professors ALWAYS pushed on us was critical thinking skills and learning how to anaylize information and come to our OWN conclusions. Were many of them biased in their views? Of course they were, they were human. But they had come to their conclusions thru their own personal critical thinking and saw a large part of their job as teaching their students to do the same thing with whatever subkect they taught.

Skull Pilot has no degree? But he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

fyi I have no college degree. I have however set up college trust funds for all of the grandchildren.

Poor kids don't stand a chance without education. Some people are just horrible and stupid parents

Really?

You know, that is just pure bullshit. When I attended college, the one thing that my professors ALWAYS pushed on us was critical thinking skills and learning how to anaylize information and come to our OWN conclusions. Were many of them biased in their views? Of course they were, they were human. But they had come to their conclusions thru their own personal critical thinking and saw a large part of their job as teaching their students to do the same thing with whatever subkect they taught.

Yup, Skull sounds like just another whiny conservatives that gets mad when facts get in the way of ideology.

I have no problem with homeschooling if the parents are qualified and conscientous. As long as the child is learning what he or she needs to learn, does it matter where it happens?

I do have a problem with teaching them basically nothing and calling it education. Letting them roam free and figure stuff out on their own is for playtime, not education.

Forum List

Back