Unpopular Opinion: Jury Duty can be used to take a stand for Free Speech.

Not botching a chance of a lifetime is a skill which should be studied. There may be no other opportunity.
Violating your sworn word is a skill no one should desire to have. Honorable people view their oaths as sacred. But your own words here reveal that you have no honor.

Thank you. Can a juror guilty of misconduct be prosecuted?
In this case it’s perjury which is a felony. I believe that if your conduct became known, the defendant, or even his victim, could sue you in civil court and win a judgement above the legal punishment for your felony. I’m not a lawyer so I’m not certain of that but it seems reasonable.

Violating your sworn word is a skill no one should desire to have. Honorable people view their oaths as sacred. But your own words here reveal that you have no honor.
Progressives force all non-Progressives to lie and to pretend to support their policies on the threat of losing one's career.

If I can lie to get into a jury to convict a Progressive it is OK.

To get technical, if juror misconduct results in a conviction it could even be raised on appeal. I would not call it an opportunity of a lifetime. It's not like your fellow jurors are on your side. One or more could be looking to be the jury hero and turn you in.
Thank you for giving me the true answer. Perhaps Jury Nullification is indeed difficult, even though it is a big prize.

Thank you for giving me the true answer. Perhaps Jury Nullification is indeed difficult, even though it is a big prize.
Jury nullification is almost impossible. One juror taking an activist stand likely could not control an entire jury. The juror could only be a holdout resulting in a hung jury. But suppose a juror did. Say the juror did not believe that assaulting a police officer should be a crime. Clearly the evidence showed that
The defendant committed the crime, but an activist juror did not believe that assault should even be prosecuted. That one juror convinced the rest of the jurors to take a moral stand and let the assailant go.

The judge in deciding that no part of the evidence supports the jury verdict would simply enter "Judgment Notwithstanding The Verdict". All over. Jury verdict thrown out.

Thank you. Can a juror guilty of misconduct be prosecuted?
In this case it’s perjury which is a felony. I believe that if your conduct became known, the defendant, or even his victim, could sue you in civil court and win a judgement above the legal punishment for your felony. I’m not a lawyer so I’m not certain of that but it seems reasonable

Jury nullification is almost impossible. One juror taking an activist stand likely could not control an entire jury. The juror could only be a holdout resulting in a hung jury. But suppose a juror did. Say the juror did not believe that assaulting a police officer should be a crime. Clearly the evidence showed that
The defendant committed the crime, but an activist juror did not believe that assault should even be prosecuted. That one juror convinced the rest of the jurors to take a moral stand and let the assailant go.

The judge in deciding that no part of the evidence supports the jury verdict would simply enter "Judgment Notwithstanding The Verdict". All over. Jury verdict thrown out.
Thank you very much! I am changing my signature. I guess in reality Jury Nullification is not really possible.

Forum List

Back