Unlimited Free Energy. Part 2.

professor

Aug 11, 2020
In the energy section I did a thread called, "Unlimited free energy, part 1." Being more in the science realm, I put this here. But before I get into it, there is one vastly important thing that I must point out. Without the most important thing of all, nothing will work. And that is specism. (racism) Because without that, even of you had a battery that lasted forever and produced all the energy you need, it would be pointless. All you would be doing is adding agar to the overflowing petri dish of humanity.

This idea I came up with over 20 years ago. Back on the late 50's, early 60's, the U.S. experimented with nuclear powered rockets. They operated at a temperature of 5600F. And despite being built light enough to fly, they were expected to give 600 hours of constant thrust. Or about 25 days. So the engineering in this is around 60 years old. Now 2% of H2O will disassociate into hydrogen and oxygen at 3600F. In other words, combust. On this next point, I'm not exactly sure. But I would imagine that the percentage of H2O that would disassociate would rise sharply from there without all that much of an increase in temperature. So that at about 4500F, most if not all of the H2O would combust.

So if you had a furnace that was made out of the same material as the combustion chamber of a nuclear powered rocket and preheated it to 5000F, then injected water or steam into it, that would combust. As in create heat. And being built much more robustly than a rocket designed to fly, it would of course last much longer. And it could very well be that in the last 60 years some alloy or compound has been created that can withstand heat even better than the material in the combustion chamber of a nuclear powered rocket.

I brought this idea up to a university physics professor once when I was thinking of using this process to just create pressure that could be utilized. He told me that the disassociated hydrogen and oxygen atoms would almost immediately recombine into H2O molecules. But I know that would create heat also. Because that is how the engines of the Space Shuttle operated. After the hydrogen and oxygen are fed into the combustion chamber and combustion is started, those atoms form H2O. The exhaust of the Space Shuttle. The engines of the Space Shuttle operated at a temperature of 6000F. That is around 1500F more than the temperature needed to disassociate the H2O molecules to begin with. In fact, steps would have to be taken to keep this furnace from melting.

On top of that, the exhaust would be so hot that it would nearly be in a plasma state. It is possible this could be put through a magnetohydrodynamic device to create electricity. The rest could be used to heat water to create electricity. Which is just what a coal or nuclear powered furnace does. But with this process, it would create its own heat. No outside heat source would be necessary.

• Banned
Not for nothing, but Russia already has nuclear powered missiles.

That is what they say. 60 years later and who knows with what technology. And it blew up from what I hear. Spreading deadly radiation around. I think that is the main reason why the U.S. abandoned our program. It just isn't a good idea to have nuclear reactors flying around. And ones that have highly radioactive exhaust. The Russians must be nuts for even messing with the idea.

You know, I can actually see the use in a nuclear rocket, but only if it is built and launched from orbit or the moon. They would be great for getting us to Mars and beyond.

You know, I can actually see the use in a nuclear rocket, but only if it is built and launched from orbit or the moon. They would be great for getting us to Mars and beyond.

Never underestimate capitalism!
1626793636206.png

Forum List

Back