Universal Healthcare - will not work in the US

But it’s the most likely one to be offered. Repubs have nothing and the dems suggesting it seems likely to win presidential nomination. But I still hope for some bi partisan effort.
Not all Dems are for UH. Only the far left.
Yes the ones currently leading in the race for president.
Biden is not for UH?
No, but he has little money and drops in the polls every time he talks.
But he is the one leading? You're talking out of both sides of your mouth, again. And your fave, Lizzy could not explain how she would pay for UH.
You seems confused. Last I checked Warren is in the lead and hardly my favorite.

Not only will Democrats have to raise everyone's tax a ton to pay for universal healthcare, they will also force Americans to compete with any foreign national that makes it to America for services they pay for.

Raise your hand if you want Americans to pay for the healthcare and welfare of any foreign national that makes it to America...
gettyimages-1152455278.jpg

If Democrats win, there will be constant caravans of foreign nationals pouring into America seeking to access our tax dollars.

I don't know about other countries, but Switzerland has socialized healthcare that does not extend to foreign nationals - if you need healthcare there you're gonna pay thru the nose.

So, a U.S. nationalized healthcare program does not HAVE to extend to foreign nationals...but it probably would....

It's a transfer.

Yes, UHC would add to your taxes. Warren keeps denying this, or at the very least she refuses to admit it and tries to misdirect away from this fact.

So definitely, UHC would cause a tax increase and would increase government spending on health care. Without a doubt.

But at the same time, employers and employees would save countless trillions from not having to buy private health insurance any more. Private insurance costs which are hitting record after record every year.

Doctor's offices would no longer have to sort through endless provider forms. They would only have one payer to figure out. That alone would bring huge savings to health care.

1. Too many people are ingrained with private insurance.
  2. Education is not free. Becoming a doctor is expensive, they want to get paid and pay off potential student loans. Working for the Gov't does not do that.
  3. Private pay provides better care. Even in Europe, the wealthy go that route.
  4. Most logical people (on both sides of the aisle) agree with #1 and #2 and #3.
Candidates Who Attacked Warren Over 'Medicare For All' Draw Massive Fundraising Boost

Of course it won't work in America. There are over 300 million Americans. No way it can work.

The more people who buy-in, the more you can bring down costs.

I think you're confused about my position. I agree with you. Our current costs are more than what a Medicare for All system could cost us.
Bullshit

Still waiting for you to support your claim that Medicare for All would cost $30 Trillion for 10 years on top of our current costs.
You idiot. You’re adding something. Of course it’s additional. Are you trolling now?

LOL, so you really think we will have our private insurance system and Medicare for All at the same time?
It would add $3trn a year to the federal budget you idiot. How will we pay for it. It would not be private insurance it would be private cash. Rich people would just pay cash for the best care. Happens in Europe right now and in Russia. GTFO out of this thread you moron.

You clearly don't understand how this all works. I actually feel bad for you now.

The current cost of our healthcare system is $3.5Trn+ a year. If we dont have our current healthcare system, those costs are no more. They are picked up by the Medicare for All system which is estimated to be cheaper.

I don't know how much simpler I can break this down for you.

2. Education is not free. Becoming a doctor is expensive, they want to get paid and pay off potential student loans. Working for the Gov't does not do that.
  4. Most logical people (on both sides of the aisle) agree with #1 and #2 and #3.
Candidates Who Attacked Warren Over 'Medicare For All' Draw Massive Fundraising Boost
Our system sucks and repubs have nothing to offer. We will likely get universal healthcare eventually. Other countries have shown it can be much cheaper.
Republicans have something to offer. They complain about the left and all their ideas. That's what they offer. Conservatives dont actually care about other people unless its hurting them directly or they get the benefit of the charity and ticket to heaven.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Your little exercise backfired there. Didnt it?

Only in your tiny little brain…Where your twisted opinion trumps reality and facts.

Coming from a racist like you, I'll take that as a compliment.

you add nothing, zero to this thread. GTFO or actually contribute your Dumbass doesn’t even understand that UH is an ADDITIONAL $30trn not a replacement. Freaking moron.

LOL, You're no authority on revenue and outgo on the level of the Fed. Gov't.

Authority? Both parties agree it is $30Trn over 10 years. That is an additional spend of $3Trn per year. Stop trolling, old man.

Link to ANYTHING that says this is additional costs. You are flat wrong here. Why would we still have to pay $3 Trillion a year for our current healthcare system if it has been replaced by Medicare for All.

Did you actually think any of this through?

Of course it won't work in America. There are over 300 million Americans. No way it can work.

The more people who buy-in, the more you can bring down costs.

Nope. Anything the Govt. touches turns into mountains of red tape, loads of paperwork and long waits. Just check out the VA.

Oh and just how much to you think people will pay to "buy in?" And how many will pay nothing?? How long will it take those that pay to figure out those that don't pay will be paid for by those that do.

No way would this work in America.

Our system sucks and repubs have nothing to offer. We will likely get universal healthcare eventually. Other countries have shown it can be much cheaper.
Republicans have something to offer. They complain about the left and all their ideas. That's what they offer. Conservatives dont actually care about other people unless its hurting them directly or they get the benefit of the charity and ticket to heaven.

Bull shit. HC should be kicked back to the private sector where it belongs.

You are confusing universal healthcare and Medicare for all. Universal healthcare means in sum that everyone has coverage. That can be from a patchwork of private and subsidized coverage. We absolutely need universal healthcare.

Medicare for all, I am not liking due to removing people from their doctors and private plans that, while are criminally over expensive, do work for them for the most part.

The situations where people are getting kicked from their plans for getting sick are criminal. Health and healthcare are not a joke to be abused by corporations and ignored by republicans.

I'm surprised Republicans have as much support as they do while they are calling for cutting Medicare and for people to go without healthcare. Or they are just saying nothing. Great leadership.

Yes because only people who have money deserve to live.

No one dies dipshit. All hospitals have to treat everyone.

Take your tired cliché and stick it where the sun don't shine. Dummy.

Everyone is ignoring the elephant in the room
67% of every dollar spent in American healthcare is related to diet.
America, unlike our European counterparts, eat horrendous foods high in everything that is bad for you.

America could lower the healthcare costs by 50% if only people would stop eating shit.

Your little exercise backfired there. Didnt it?

Only in your tiny little brain…Where your twisted opinion trumps reality and facts.

Coming from a racist like you, I'll take that as a compliment.

you add nothing, zero to this thread. GTFO or actually contribute your Dumbass doesn’t even understand that UH is an ADDITIONAL $30trn not a replacement. Freaking moron.

LOL, You're no authority on revenue and outgo on the level of the Fed. Gov't.

Authority? Both parties agree it is $30Trn over 10 years. That is an additional spend of $3Trn per year. Stop trolling, old man.

It's not about the total cost, child, there are others factors at play:

• Preventive medicine***+++
    • Reduces costs
    • Reduces time missed from work
    • Prevents chronic disease (i.e Type 2 diabetes, heart disease and many cancers
    • Vaccines prevent epidemics
    • Annual physicals
    • Education
  • Budget Decisions, and Priorities
  • Taxes and tax reform
  • Staff the Executive with the best and the Brightest.
*** I believe a gov't program which provides free preventative medicine to all citizens from cradle to grave.

+++Do you know the cost per year to treat Cancers, Heart Disease and Diabetes? All of which can be mitigated with early discovery, and many can be cured.

No one dies dipshit. All hospitals have to treat everyone.

Take your tired cliché and stick it where the sun don't shine. Dummy.

Ok, so when the hospital treats everyone. Who pays the cost for those who can't afford it?

Doctor's offices would no longer have to sort through endless provider forms. They would only have one payer to figure out. That alone would bring huge savings to health care.

Not really, the forms to the government office in charge of paying would have to be guided through the system as government clerks seek to reduce the amount of the payment, making sure diagnosis and other factors are correctly coded as well as the procedure, etc. Dealing with governmental bureaucrats can be frustrating to say the least.

Further, would doctors be able to choose their own patients? Or how would physician services be rationed? who gets the decent, competent doctors? Who gets the quacks and witch doctors? Sure, a semi-competent boob might be fine for a young person with nothing wrong who isn't going to follow his boobish instructions. But for someone seriously ill, its a different story.

*** I believe a gov't program which provides free preventative medicine to all citizens from cradle to grave.

+++Do you know the cost per year to treat Cancers, Heart Disease and Diabetes? All of which can be mitigated with early discovery, and many can be cured.

So what? The demand for medical services and the waiting periods will be so long, there probably won't be time for "preventative screening examinations. Do you know what the waiting periods in countries with risky socialized medicine schemes?

Ok. And that's the end of the Republican position isnt it? No comment on the nasty abuses of sick people and leaving them for dead? I know what you will say about the free market, it will adjust if needed. But this is peoples lives, it isnt people buying a cheap consumer good and being dissatisfied then easily changing products. 5 years of heartless abuse and neglect by a bad company equates to hundreds of thousands of dead or bankrupted people. How do they change companies when they are already sick and no one will give them a policy they can afford? Private sector only is a failure as is and the GOP has zero solution because it's not actually a high priority. Their priorities are to cut their taxes, inflate their investments, and attack the left.

Ok. And that's the end of the Republican position isnt it? No comment on the nasty abuses of sick people and leaving them for dead? I know what you will say about the free market, it will adjust if needed. But this is peoples lives, it isnt people buying a cheap consumer good and being dissatisfied then easily changing products. 5 years of heartless abuse and neglect by a bad company equates to hundreds of thousands of dead or bankrupted people. How do they change companies when they are already sick and no one will give them a policy they can afford? Private sector only is a failure as is and the GOP has zero solution because it's not actually a high priority. Their priorities are to cut their taxes, inflate their investments, and attack the left.

They don't care about other people. They only give a shit when it impacts them personally.

You know, The American Way.

Still waiting for you to support your claim that Medicare for All would cost $30 Trillion for 10 years on top of our current costs.
You idiot. You’re adding something. Of course it’s additional. Are you trolling now?

LOL, so you really think we will have our private insurance system and Medicare for All at the same time?
It would add $3trn a year to the federal budget you idiot.
We currently are paying $3.65 trillion for ALL health care. That includes Medicare, Medicaid, etc.

So UHC would not add another $3 trillion. It would add whatever share of that $3.65 trillion are private expenditure costs right now.
No no we would add that. You could argue we can offset that by higher taxes as the employee won’t have deductions for insurance form their paychecks.

Forum List

Back