Universal Healthcare - will not work in the US

AzogtheDefiler

The Pale Orc
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2018
Boston, MA
  1. Too many people are ingrained with private insurance.
  2. Education is not free. Becoming a doctor is expensive, they want to get paid and pay off potential student loans. Working for the Gov't does not do that.
  3. Private pay provides better care. Even in Europe, the wealthy go that route.
  4. Most logical people (on both sides of the aisle) agree with #1 and #2 and #3.
Candidates Who Attacked Warren Over 'Medicare For All' Draw Massive Fundraising Boost

2. Education is not free. Becoming a doctor is expensive, they want to get paid and pay off potential student loans. Working for the Gov't does not do that.
  4. Most logical people (on both sides of the aisle) agree with #1 and #2 and #3.
Candidates Who Attacked Warren Over 'Medicare For All' Draw Massive Fundraising Boost
Our system sucks and repubs have nothing to offer. We will likely get universal healthcare eventually. Other countries have shown it can be much cheaper.

Our system sucks and repubs have nothing to offer. We will likely get universal healthcare eventually. Other countries have shown it can be much cheaper.

Did other countries have ingrained private health plans? No. I don't see it happening until education costs go down significantly.

That comment is simply stupid.

If it were cheaper...we'd be there.

There is no question it is cheaper. Our healthcare is the most expensive in the world.

Did other countries have ingrained private health plans? No. I don't see it happening until education costs go down significantly.
Yes the insurance industry loves to rob us, Our system is not good, something will change and repubs offer nothing.

There is no question it is cheaper. Our healthcare is the most expensive in the world.

It is the best in the world. I agree that our system is broken because of numerous administrator costs and such.

Yes the insurance industry loves to rob us, Our system is not good, something will change and repubs offer nothing.

GOP concentrates on lower pharma costs. Democrats want to go nuclear. Someone needs a middle ground. I agree the system is ridiculously complex and stupid.

It is the best in the world. I agree that our system is broken because of numerous administrator costs and such.
We don’t rank the best. But the care is good, the cost is huge. I’m open to ideas. But markets don’t work for healthcare. So universal seems to be the only answer.

Have just seen this.

My daughter is pm-ing me from the emergency room (A&E in England) of an NHS hospital. And describing how ghastly it is.

GOP concentrates on lower pharma costs. Democrats want to go nuclear. Someone needs a middle ground. I agree the system is ridiculously complex and stupid.
Something in the middle is much more comfortable to accept.

I don’t think many go broke from pharma, though it’s more expensive than it should be. I think emergency care and surgeries are the real cost drivers.

We don’t rank the best. But the care is good, the cost is huge. I’m open to ideas. But markets don’t work for healthcare. So universal seems to be the only answer.

universal would be a sh*t show until we fix the huge tuition costs to become an MD. If my daughter sprains her ankle I can see a doctor within the hour. I'll pay more for that, especially since that doctor likely went to an elite school.

Have just seen this.

My daughter is pm-ing me from the emergency room (A&E in England) of an NHS hospital. And describing how ghastly it is.
You should see the bill from a US emergency room visit. Ghastly.

Let me ask you this beggar.
How many of those counties that you speak of have a population where 1/3 is comprised of thirdworlders with illegal roots?
How many of those countries that you speak of have a citizenry where 50% do not contribute to the treasury?

universal would be a sh*t show until we fix the huge tuition costs to become an MD. If my daughter sprains her ankle I can see a doctor within the hour. I'll pay more for that, especially since that doctor likely went to an elite school.
There is a strong chance it will be a sh*t show. But some change will happen.

I don’t think many go broke from pharma, though it’s more expensive than it should be. I think emergency care and surgeries are the real cost drivers.

You'd be surprised. Pharma costs could be as high as $300-400/month and many cannot afford that. Insurance companies also F*CK you when you need long term care for diabetes or cancer. If you get into an auto accident and need major surgery, 99.9% of insurance will cover you minus the deductible.

Democrats not only want Americans to pay for the healthcare and welfare of any foreign national that makes it to America, they want Americans to compete with foreign nationals for the services they pay for.

Raise your hand if you want Americans to pay for the healthcare and welfare of any foreign national that makes it to America...
gettyimages-1152455278.jpg

Have just seen this.

You should see the bill from a US emergency room visit. Ghastly.

I had one. Last year. Not one bill. But many.

You're just talking about the money. Maybe you'd like to lie across three chairs whilst waiting for the doctor, because there's nowhere to lie down.

You'd be surprised. Pharma costs could be as high as $300-400/month and many cannot afford that. Insurance companies also F*CK you when you need long term care for diabetes or cancer. If you get into an auto accident and need major surgery, 99.9% of insurance will cover you minus the deductible.
Deductible are big. And most pay thousands a year even if they don’t get sick. We have a problem. I believe everyone should have access to care. I’m open to how that happens.

Deductible are big. And most pay thousands a year even if they don’t get sick. We have a problem. I believe everyone should have access to care. I’m open to how that happens.

#1) Yes, they are but some employers offer better plans than others. Most pay for auto insurance and don't get into accidents. That is how insurance works.

#2) Why?

Should most people have access to free plumbing or free food too? Explain the rationale.

Forum List

Back