Universal healthcare bill fails to pass in California

I cannot get to my University databases anymore since I retired, but I believe it is truly a misconception Doctors spend a lot of time and effort practice to prevent lawsuits, mainly to profit. I will see if I can find the data for the differences in care for the same event with and without insurance or means to pay. If you have insurance that pays for it, you get more than you need if the Doc gets paid. If the doctor doesnt get paid, well you might just not really need that procedure. There is quite a bit of literature demonstrating this, I will see if I can find it on the internet.

I cannot get to my University databases anymore since I retired, but I believe it is truly a misconception Doctors spend a lot of time and effort practice to prevent lawsuits, mainly to profit. I will see if I can find the data for the differences in care for the same event with and without insurance or means to pay. If you have insurance that pays for it, you get more than you need if the Doc gets paid. If the doctor doesnt get paid, well you might just not really need that procedure. There is quite a bit of literature demonstrating this, I will see if I can find it on the internet.

It's not about the doctors getting paid. After all, they don't pay for these tests up front for you. They are done by the hospital or clinics. The doctors concern is avoiding lawsuits where they can be accused of wrongdoing by not having those tests done.

The point I'm making is that our high cost for care is not because of insurance companies. If you look around, insurance companies make no more profit than they do selling auto, home or renters insurance. The insurance companies simply pay the bills. The lower the bills, the less they have to pay and the lower premium they can charge. And those costs are what needs our attention first before we figure out a better paying system where everybody can get quality medical care.

Forum List

Back