United States Constitution, Amendment X

Joe Bruno

Oct 11, 2019
San Diego
Amendment X
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people."

Generally, the courts call anything left to the states as "Police powers".
Prior to Obamacare, the states had control of most medical care, but Obama changed all that.

Law enforcement is generally left to the states unless a Federal law is involved or the matter involves interstate commerce, at which time the FBI takes over.
Because banks in the USA have their deposits insured by the FDIC, a Federal agency, bank robbery is in the FBI's jurisdiction.

In some areas where the states have exclusive jurisdiction, the Federal government has some control because the state accepts Federal funds.

Amendment X
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people."

Prior to Obamacare, the states had control of most medical care, but Obama changed all that.

Law enforcement is generally left to the states unless a Federal law is involved or the matter involves interstate commerce, at which time the FBI takes over.
Because banks in the USA have their deposits insured by the FDIC, a Federal agency, bank robbery is in the FBI's jurisdiction.

In some areas where the states have exclusive jurisdiction, the Federal government has some control because the state accepts Federal funds.
Okay........, and.......?

Amendment X

That's all folks.......................

Amendment X

Okay.... Thought maybe you had a point cryptically hidden in there. :dunno:

Last edited:
Amendment X

One of my pleasures in life is to educate people, especially about Constitutional Law. I was a Legal Officer in the Navy and almost became a lawyer.

Amendment X

One of my pleasures in life is to educate people, especially about Constitutional Law. I was a Legal Officer in the Navy and almost became a lawyer.
I might applaud your efforts- but lawyers are nothing more than legal liars who twist, spin, castigate and bastardize simple English for job justification- the Constitution is in simple English- it only needs interpreting to those who haven't mastered reading- and guess what? Most congress critters are lawyers as are their staff- glad you didn't succumb to the degenerate club.

Amendment X

I might applaud your efforts- but lawyers are nothing more than legal liars who twist, spin, castigate and bastardize simple English for job justification- the Constitution is in simple English- it only needs interpreting to those who haven't mastered reading- and guess what? Most congress critters are lawyers as are their staff- glad you didn't succumb to the degenerate club.
I bet you're the angry old man on your block who yells at kids for walking on "your" sidewalk...........

I bet you're the angry old man on your block who yells at kids for walking on "your" sidewalk...........
I bet you're stupid.

I bet you're stupid.
No, I'm talking to stupid.

Forum List

Back