Union workers, Canada, New Mexico, Native Americans, Women, now rural "folks," added to list biden has P****d off in first days.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Biden wants to tax the miles you drive in your cars.........they say they want to replace the gas tax with this plan....but that is a lie.....rural people who have to travel long distances are the targeted group for this tax on freedom.......

The list of people the democrat party is willing to piss off in less than a week keeps growing...

It turns out that Biden favors Buttigieg's transportation views, specifically the idea that America should move away from the gas tax and instead opt into a tax based on the number of miles a person travels. It would be a new way to provide cash for the Highway Trust Fund, which currently funding from the federal gas tax. As it currently stands, the federal gas tax is 18.4 cents per gallon and 24.4 cents per gallon for diesel.
---------
Should the Biden administration move forward with taxing Americans based on the number of miles they drive on any given day, rural America would be the ones disproportionately impacted. They live further outside of metro areas. Many travel 20 to 30 miles one way to work or to do any kind of major grocery shopping. Farmers, especially those who live even further out – a few hours from a metropolitan area – would be punished because they don't live in the inner cities.

This is a prime example of why rural folks feel forgotten about. It's always about what's best for those who live in the cities, not about those who grow and transport your food, or do the dirty work no one else is willing to do. It's about those who work in fancy offices in New York City, not the loggers and miners who work in dangerous conditions to provide heating options for the very people who despise them.

Hey....joe biden voters....do you feel real stupid now?

Biden wants to tax the miles you drive in your cars.........they say they want to replace the gas tax with this plan....but that is a lie.....rural people who have to travel long distances are the targeted group for this tax on freedom.......

The list of people the democrat party is willing to piss off in less than a week keeps growing...

It turns out that Biden favors Buttigieg's transportation views, specifically the idea that America should move away from the gas tax and instead opt into a tax based on the number of miles a person travels. It would be a new way to provide cash for the Highway Trust Fund, which currently funding from the federal gas tax. As it currently stands, the federal gas tax is 18.4 cents per gallon and 24.4 cents per gallon for diesel.
---------
Should the Biden administration move forward with taxing Americans based on the number of miles they drive on any given day, rural America would be the ones disproportionately impacted. They live further outside of metro areas. Many travel 20 to 30 miles one way to work or to do any kind of major grocery shopping. Farmers, especially those who live even further out – a few hours from a metropolitan area – would be punished because they don't live in the inner cities.

This is a prime example of why rural folks feel forgotten about. It's always about what's best for those who live in the cities, not about those who grow and transport your food, or do the dirty work no one else is willing to do. It's about those who work in fancy offices in New York City, not the loggers and miners who work in dangerous conditions to provide heating options for the very people who despise them.

Whelp ---- if somebody is gonna piss you off it might as well be an entity that doesn't exist.

Oh and that mileage tax, that's been on the table since at least the Bush daze. Not that you were paying attention, since you can't even spell.

Actually those that would be driving the most miles is the commercial vehicles not us rural drivers.

I know people in Colorado who live in the Mountains.....an hour drive to get groceries....
My son is a truck driver and drives as far as he can everyday to make more money. I think 500 miles a day at five days is 2,500 a lot more than going to get groceries.

Actually those that would be driving the most miles is the commercial vehicles not us rural drivers.

I know people in Colorado who live in the Mountains.....an hour drive to get groceries....
My son is a truck driver and drives as far as he can everyday to make more money. I think 500 miles a day at five days is 2,500 a lot more than going to get groceries.

Didn't say it wasn't, moron....but living on a farm is going to cost more too.....you idiot.

My wife (before COVID) drove 120 miles a day, round trip, to work and back, In the past, I have done over 100 per day. Pre-COVID, my drive was 22 miles round trip.

Think about school buses....driving kids in rural districts...they can cover 100 miles in a day taking kids to and from school......

---------

Whelp ---- if somebody is gonna piss you off it might as well be an entity that doesn't exist.

Oh and that mileage tax, that's been on the table since at least the Bush daze. Not that you were paying attention, since you can't even spell.

I love people who criticize other's spelling, while using the wrong words, like "whelp". "gonna", and "daze".

My wife (before COVID) drove 120 miles a day, round trip, to work and back, In the past, I have done over 100 per day. Pre-COVID, my drive was 22 miles round trip.

Think about school buses....driving kids in rural districts...they can cover 100 miles in a day taking kids to and from school......

Absolutely. My grandson has a school about 5 miles from home, but travels about 15 miles each way by bus to a different school. That in itself is stupid!

---------

Joebama Xiden the FICUS really is a UNITER!

---------

Anyone who voted for him deserves whatever they receive.

You made your bed. So now lie in it.

So how will they manage everyone's miles?

This idea has been kicked around for at least 20 years. They would most likely attach a spy device that tracks the mileage on your car and then tax that figure. I think Oregon already has a limited program in place--- it was launched as an experiment in several states.

What's behind it is that the (federal) gas tax hasn't been increased since 1993 and costs are outpacing expenses of infrastructure upkeep. Add in electric vehicles that don't use gas, and more efficient fuel economy, and the return on gas tax goes down more.

I remember that the O'bama transportation Sec --- I forget his name, Ray somebody --- brought this up at the beginning of 2009, O'bama nixed it immediately, but it's been kicking around since before that.

On a personal note, Peach it is a joy to see you. :smiliehug:

Forum List

Back