Union Thugs Invoke Jesus To Bash Wal Mart

red states rule

May 30, 2006
My question is "Would Jesus join the corrupt unions?"

The union thugs are getting desperate. After years of failed attempts to infest Wal Mart, they are now pulling out all the stops to line their pockets with hundreds of millions of union dues money

The Dems are foaming at the mouth becuase they know they will get a large part of that money in donations

Wal-Mart critics ask: Where would Jesus shop?
Union-backed group unveils religion-themed campaign

W.W.J.S. — Where would Jesus shop?

According to union-backed critics of Wal-Mart Stores Inc., not at the world's largest retailer. WakeUpWalMart.com on Thursday unveiled a religious-themed campaign Thursday asking shoppers whether God wants them to buy things from the Bentonville, Ark.-based company.

The group, funded by the United Food and Commercial Workers union, launched a TV ad and released a letter signed by 65 clergy members and religious figures. The group says Wal-Mart's policy over wages, health benefits and other issues harm families and communities

Wal-Mart accused the group of using union dues to exploit religion and said it would give nearly $200 million in cash contributions to charities this year.

The 30-second TV spot, starting Friday in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Oklahoma and Texas, is part of the latest seasonal-themed campaign against Wal-Mart. The TV ad starts with a picture of a Bible-like tome and an off-screen narrator who says, "Our faith teaches us 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.'

"If these are our values, then ask yourself: Should people of faith shop at Wal-Mart this holiday season?"

Wal-Mart Chief Executive Lee Scott responded within hours with his own letter laying out what he called Wal-Mart's positive contributions — saving working families money, providing jobs and supporting charities.

"For that reason, we will not be deterred from our mission, despite misleading statements from paid critics whose motives are less than pure," Scott wrote.

"Wal-Mart will continue to do those things that we believe are right for our customers, associates and communities: helping people put food on the table and clothes on their backs; providing good benefits, providing career opportunity, and being a good citizen in the towns we serve," Scott added.

Related articles
Vote: Wal-Mart, love it, or hate it?
Americans split over Wal-Mart

The letter from clergy members urged Wal-Mart to change its business practices.

"Jesus would not embrace Wal-Mart's values of greed and profits at any cost, particularly when children suffer as a result of those misguided values," the letter said.

WakeUpWalMart said it recruited the clergy members, including Rev. Jesse Jackson, from a variety of faiths through its activists, who asked if they would be interested in signing the letter.

The group also plans candlelight vigils at selected Wal-Mart's in 19 states.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10394969/

I like this one: The've hit bottom, and are showing signs of digging.

I really would like a lib to chime in. Libs claim they care about working families, yet they hate Wal Mart

Wal Mart is a blessing to working families. The working class can go to Wal mart and get what they need at a fair price.

I buy nearly everything at my local Wal Mart. Wal Mart has the best prices in the county. Yet libs want to fuck up their company by letting the union thugs into their stores.

They interviewed this so called preacher on fox the other day....What an idiot...
I was hoping they would ask him who he made the commerical for..
The commercial is disgusting...

Just in case you weren't 100% sure of the union's motives, you can tell that a movement is a [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Shakedown-Exposing-Real-Jesse-Jackson/dp/0895261081/sr=1-3/qid=1166326721/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/105-4716922-6232414?ie=UTF8&s=books]shakedown[/ame] when Jesse Jackson is involved. Sort of like you can tell that a movie is a B-movie when Forest Whittaker is in it.

If Jesus were shopping today, I imagine he might just shop at Wal-Mart. Or any of the other retail establishments that pay low wages for entry-level people. That would be uhh...pretty much all of them. And I'm not a historian, but I'm guessing that that has been the situation since...well, since before Jesus was born.

If they were concerned about working people, they would hold a candlelight vigil to protest payroll taxes. Or they could ask themselves why health care used to be cheap but now it's not. Isn't it odd that health insurance is provided by companies, but not car insurance or house insurance? And isn't it odd that health insurance costs go up and up compared to other forms of insurance? Why is that? Hint: government.

Just in case you weren't 100% sure of the union's motives, you can tell that a movement is a shakedown when Jesse Jackson is involved. Sort of like you can tell that a movie is a B-movie when Forest Whittaker is in it.

If Jesus were shopping today, I imagine he might just shop at Wal-Mart. Or any of the other retail establishments that pay low wages for entry-level people. That would be uhh...pretty much all of them. And I'm not a historian, but I'm guessing that that has been the situation since...well, since before Jesus was born.

If they were concerned about working people, they would hold a candlelight vigil to protest payroll taxes. Or they could ask themselves why health care used to be cheap but now it's not. Isn't it odd that health insurance is provided by companies, but not car insurance or house insurance? And isn't it odd that health insurance costs go up and up compared to other forms of insurance? Why is that? Hint: government.

Jesus wanted to help the poor - Wal Mart makes their lives easier with low prices for the things they need/want.

Wal Mart provides jobs for hundreds of thousands of people. Not only Wal Mart employees, but its suppliers, and the delivery industry that delivers the goods

Libs want only thre money they will get into their grubby hands by way of union contributions. The working "poor" who work at Wal mart will have LESS money thru higher taxes (which Dems have siad that want) and the theft of their money via union dues

My question is "Would Jesus join the corrupt unions?"

The union thugs are getting desperate. After years of failed attempts to infest Wal Mart, they are now pulling out all the stops to line their pockets with hundreds of millions of union dues money

The Dems are foaming at the mouth becuase they know they will get a large part of that money in donations

Wal-Mart critics ask: Where would Jesus shop?
Union-backed group unveils religion-themed campaign

W.W.J.S. — Where would Jesus shop?

According to union-backed critics of Wal-Mart Stores Inc., not at the world's largest retailer. WakeUpWalMart.com on Thursday unveiled a religious-themed campaign Thursday asking shoppers whether God wants them to buy things from the Bentonville, Ark.-based company.

The group, funded by the United Food and Commercial Workers union, launched a TV ad and released a letter signed by 65 clergy members and religious figures. The group says Wal-Mart's policy over wages, health benefits and other issues harm families and communities

Wal-Mart accused the group of using union dues to exploit religion and said it would give nearly $200 million in cash contributions to charities this year.

The 30-second TV spot, starting Friday in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Oklahoma and Texas, is part of the latest seasonal-themed campaign against Wal-Mart. The TV ad starts with a picture of a Bible-like tome and an off-screen narrator who says, "Our faith teaches us 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.'

"If these are our values, then ask yourself: Should people of faith shop at Wal-Mart this holiday season?"

Wal-Mart Chief Executive Lee Scott responded within hours with his own letter laying out what he called Wal-Mart's positive contributions — saving working families money, providing jobs and supporting charities.

"For that reason, we will not be deterred from our mission, despite misleading statements from paid critics whose motives are less than pure," Scott wrote.

"Wal-Mart will continue to do those things that we believe are right for our customers, associates and communities: helping people put food on the table and clothes on their backs; providing good benefits, providing career opportunity, and being a good citizen in the towns we serve," Scott added.

Related articles
Vote: Wal-Mart, love it, or hate it?
Americans split over Wal-Mart

The letter from clergy members urged Wal-Mart to change its business practices.

"Jesus would not embrace Wal-Mart's values of greed and profits at any cost, particularly when children suffer as a result of those misguided values," the letter said.

WakeUpWalMart said it recruited the clergy members, including Rev. Jesse Jackson, from a variety of faiths through its activists, who asked if they would be interested in signing the letter.

The group also plans candlelight vigils at selected Wal-Mart's in 19 states.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10394969/

Who says communism is dead?

This will not make the Wal Mart bashing Dems happy......

Most Ohio Union Members Say Wal-Mart Has “Positive Effect” on Area
Washington, DC -- A new poll by Quinnipiac University finds the majority of Ohio voters who live near a Wal-Mart say it has a “positive effect” on their area (65 – 23 percent), including a majority of voters in union households (53 - 28 percent). The poll also shows that by an 18 point margin (48 - 30 percent), Ohio voters think elected officials who criticize Wal-Mart are motivated by money and votes from labor unions rather than by concerns about wages and benefits.

“The new Ohio data confirms what national polls have shown time and again: Americans, including union families, believe Wal-Mart is good for their family and their community. Despite the many millions of dollars the union leadership has spent to tarnish Wal-Mart, union workers are smart consumers who have decided that Wal-Mart offers the best products at the best prices. It is unfortunate that their leadership continues to use their dues in ways that don't make a difference for them and their families.

“The union leaders shouldn’t be telling Americans where to shop and work, and they shouldn’t be forcing union members to fund a campaign they don’t believe in,” said Catherine Smith, Interim Chair of Working Families for Wal-Mart.

According to Peter Brown of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute, attacks on Wal-Mart by politicians seeking to curry the favor of union leaders are having “very little effect.” (Quinnipiac University press release, December 13, 2006, http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1322.xml?ReleaseID=998)

Regarding the political strategy of attacking the company, Wake-Up Wal-Mart’s own pollster, John Zogby, perhaps put it best earlier this year when he summed up the attacks this way: “It’s not the slam dunk issue that Democrats think it is. Americans don’t hate corporations and they don’t hate Wal-Mart.” (http://abcnews.com, August 16, 2006)

Here’s a sampling of other polls that have examined the political strategy of attacking Wal-Mart:

A poll conducted by Democratic pollster Thom Riehle for Working Families for Wal-Mart in October 2006, found a majority of voters (51 percent), including the same percentage of union households, believe “the campaign against Wal-Mart is not a good use of the union dues members pay.” An even greater percentage (80 percent) of union households responded that “a campaign against Wal-Mart” should not be the top priority for union leaders.

A poll released by the Pew Research Center on December 15, 2005, found that 81 percent of people with a Wal-Mart nearby say it is a good place to shop, and 84 percent have shopped at Wal-Mart in the past year. Despite labor union criticism of the company, the poll found no significant difference between union and non-union households in their inclination to shop at Wal-Mart.

Working Families for Wal-Mart released a poll on January 4, 2006, demonstrating that 71 percent of Americans and 63 percent of union households believe Wal-Mart is good for consumers. More than half of Americans on the whole and in union households believe that union leaders should make protecting union jobs a higher priority than attacking Wal-Mart. Furthermore, 60 percent of the general population and 44 percent of union households agree that the campaign against Wal-Mart is not a good use of union dues.

What others are saying about the political strategy of attacking Wal-Mart:

John Zogby, the pollster, argues that focusing too much on Wal-Mart “means no net gain”, because union voters already favour the Democrats and the party must seek other support if it is to recapture the White House in 2008. “When are the Democrats going to talk to Wal-Mart shoppers?” he asks. (Financial Times, August 17, 2006)

“The message comes across, don’t shop at Wal-Mart, don’t you realize what they’re doing, aren’t you stupid? And I don’t think that people like to be referred to as stupid if they’re just trying to find good buys.” (John Zogby, National Public Radio, “All Things Considered,” September 3, 2006)

“…attacking Wal-Mart makes for bad politics. It is part of a long-term pattern of Democrats playing populist, but picking the wrong political fights….Should Democrats really be against the company where middle America shops?” (James Crabtree, New Democratic Network, The Guardian, August 18, 2006)

“The gusto with which even moderate Democrats are bashing Wal-Mart is bound to backfire. Not only does it take the party back to the pre-Clinton era, when Democrats were perceived as reflexively anti-business, it manages to make Democrats seem like out-of-touch elitists to the millions of Americans who work and shop at Wal-Mart…. Denouncing the retailer may make sense if the goal is to woo primary voters, but it’s disastrous way to reach out to the general electorate. Or to govern, for that matter.” ((Los Angeles Times, Editorial, August 23, 2006)

"...In fact, I can’t think of a worse strategy than focusing the wrath of the party on Wal-Mart. It’s a path to defeat, one that continues the party’s failure to define itself around anything resembling a plan and a vision…It brings up the worst of the old lefty imprint...It sends a scare message to the millions of small business owners and entrepreneurs the Democrats need to win." (Adam Hanft, The Huffington Post, August 26, 2006)

"Are we supposed to believe that Washington politicians care more about the middle class than Wal- Mart does? At least Wal-Mart saves working people money. ...They should make an ally of Wal-Mart, not an enemy to be pilloried for cheap political gain." (Philip Gailey, Editor of Editorials, St. Petersburg Times, August 27, 2006)

###

http://www.forwalmart.com/news/releases/Release-2006-12-14-ohio-voters-poll/

...... Or they could ask themselves why health care used to be cheap but now it's not. Isn't it odd that health insurance is provided by companies, but not car insurance or house insurance? And isn't it odd that health insurance costs go up and up compared to other forms of insurance? Why is that? Hint: government.
Costs are up because of rich trial lawyers like John Edwards- Democrats all!

Walmart sells crap. I hate the place and do not shop there. Customer Service is non-existent and the cashiers can be rude and unfriendly......at least the ones in the three registers open with customers 10 deep in each line.

Since I hate drive-by posts by libs, I will be more specific.

1. The clothes they sell do not fit me and look like crap on my wife. They are generally untailored and have lines like potato sacks.

2. Their tools fall apart at the first application of pressure.

3. Homegoods are of the poorest quality. My wife bought a child-security gate that we use to keep our dogs out of the catfood. It has worn out in less than 3 months compared to the 4 years we got out of one from the Home Depot.

4. A non-stick frying pan my wife bought me from Walmart isn't anymore.

I could go on and on. I prefer to shop at Sears and Target for my homegoods and Ross or Marshals for everyday clothes.

Walmart sells crap. I hate the place and do not shop there. Customer Service is non-existent and the cashiers can be rude and unfriendly......at least the ones in the three registers open with customers 10 deep in each line.

1. The clothes they sell do not fit me and look like crap on my wife. They are generally untailored and have lines like potato sacks.

3. Homegoods are of the poorest quality. My wife bought a child-security gate that we use to keep our dogs out of the catfood. It has worn out in less than 3 months compared to the 4 years we got out of one from the Home Depot.

I could go on and on. I prefer to shop at Sears and Target for my homegoods and Ross or Marshals for everyday clothes.

You have that choice. The union thugs want to take that away by infesting Wal Mart and doing for them what they did for GM

Sears and Target sell crap too. You have to sift through the junk and know quality to get decent stuff:

I bought a $10 pair of ski gloves for my son that he likes better than the $40 pair I bought from the ski shop.

I also bought him an aluminum frame, full suspension mountain bike with a front disk brake that is better than the one his friend's Dad bought for 4 times more money.

I bought GE battery operated, LED, timed window candles to decorate my house for Christmas for $3.49 each, about 1/3 the cost of the plug in ones I bought ten years ago and have to replace the bulbs constanty, as well as turn on and off.

I could go on and on.

I just wanted to point out why I hate Walmart with a passion. I could care less about their employment practices and as for their business practices, it takes two to sign a contract. What happened to Huffy was of their own making.

PC Game companies have the right attitude with Walmart. When Walmart threated to stop carrying new games if the prices didn't get lower by Walmart's wishes, the distribution companies and studios collectively shrugged and said "whatever, we can sell our games in other places." Walmart sells the games at the same prices as any other retailer....

I just wanted to point out why I hate Walmart with a passion. I could care less about their employment practices and as for their business practices, it takes two to sign a contract. What happened to Huffy was of their own making.

PC Game companies have the right attitude with Walmart. When Walmart threated to stop carrying new games if the prices didn't get lower by Walmart's wishes, the distribution companies and studios collectively shrugged and said "whatever, we can sell our games in other places." Walmart sells the games at the same prices as any other retailer....
So what is your reason?

So what is your reason?

I hate their products. They sell crap. Their food also sucks. If I want to have stupid people be rude to me, I can just post on the Daily Kos or DU instead of driving to my local Walmart to be abused by their incompetent workers.

Forum List

Back