Zone1 Unicorns in the bible. A whole reason the bible should be retranslated

metalwolf

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2020
I was reading that supposedly in the middle ages that Jesus was believed to be linked to Unicorns or such.

Unicorn i read is actually a mistranslation for ox or a rhino.

Makes me wonder what other parts of the bible are mistranslated, like there are passages saying that LGBT will not enter the kingdom of heaven, but what if that is a mistranslation.

I think that is possible, like i heard about there being different dialects in certain languages in some some languages something that a speaker of a language will sound like gibberish to a speaker of the same language in another part of the country they live in.

Or sometimes a language when translated to another language will turn into gibberish.

Take for example,Japanese being translated to English.

One time i tried translating a anime resin kit to English and it translated a word to "be careful not to hit your bangs"

Last edited:
I was reading that supposedly in the middle ages that Jesus was believed to be linked to Unicorns or such.

The KJV is not a great translation. Since it came out, we have multitudes of translations even just in English. What's astounding is that they are all close to saying the same thing. That's first.

Second, none of the places where this is a mistranslation are vital mistranslations. It doesn't really matter if it's a unicorn or a rhino.

But you believe that if you discredit a single word translation in one version, you can also shed doubt on the credibility of moral teachings that appears thousands of years apart, by different writers, and in all versions is consistent.

It would be like saying, "My wife told me she got chicken at the store, but she left it off the list and forgot it. I can't trust her with the little things, so it must mean our vows are a lie, she doesn't love me, and she cheats on me with all our friends."

That's what you're doing with the Bible. Why?

The KJV is not a great translation. Since it came out, we have multitudes of translations even just in English. What's astounding is that they are all close to saying the same thing. That's first.

Second, none of the places where this is a mistranslation are vital mistranslations. It doesn't really matter if it's a unicorn or a rhino.

But you believe that if you discredit a single word translation in one version, you can also shed doubt on the credibility of moral teachings that appears thousands of years apart, by different writers, and in all versions is consistent.

It would be like saying, "My wife told me she got chicken at the store, but she left it off the list and forgot it. I can't trust her with the little things, so it must mean our vows are a lie, she doesn't love me, and she cheats on me with all our friends."

That's what you're doing with the Bible. Why?

Bible i first remember reading was the good news bible.

It also mentions peacocks. I guess the best thing to do is find what Hebrew or Greek word translated into unicorn and peacock and maybe find the answer there.

Makes me wonder what other parts of the bible are mistranslated, like there are passages saying that LGBT will not enter the kingdom of heaven, but what if that is a mistranslation.

I think that is possible, like i heard about there being different dialects in certain languages in some some languages something that a speaker of a language will sound like gibberish to a speaker of the same language in another part of the country they live in.

Or sometimes a language when translated to another language will turn into gibberish.

Take for example,Japanese being translated to English.

One time i tried translating a anime resin kit to English and it translated a word to "be careful not to hit your bangs"

It's already been done by a prophet of God. Joseph Smith correct much of the Bible. It's called "The Inspired Version." Google it. Here is a pdf copy as well.

Attachments

• inspiredversionbible.pdf
    7.1 MB · Views: 20

Forum List

Back