Unfit to be President: Rick Perry

Only if Americans are to stupid to know the difference between. immigration and Illegal Immigration. See one can be for allowing More Immigration, while being for Stopping Illegal immigration and securing the Border.

Problem is the Left and the Press have for some time been trying to convince Americans that it is all or nothing. Either you are pro Immigration, Or you Hate Immigration.

They Constantly try and make it seem people against Illegal Immigration and for Securing the Border must therefore be racists who are against any Immigration.

They Keep saying it, But save for a small Minority of Racists, it's not true.

But Perry supports legal, illegal, you name it. Move all of Mexico up here, basically. I just don't get how anyone hopes to be taken seriously as the Republican nominee in 2012 that way. He will probably be coached to "shape up", but it's kinda too late...

Looks to me like Perry is going to run away with it more and more.... all I have to do is see all the idiots that dont like him.

The usual suspects :cuckoo:

GO PERRY GO!

Perry seems to me like he can portray himself as hawkish if not 100% orthodox on illegal immigration. He might shift his positions a bit, but I don't think they will disqualify him at all in the race for the GOP nomination.

Perry is obviously not ready for prime time. His idiotic SS "ponzi scheme" gaffe proves it. If Mitt doesn't dispatch him with that position, Obama and the MSM will in 2012.

If Perry has the know-nothing Right and the Progressives mad at him he is surely doing something right. As someone said, judge a man by who his enemies are. Perry will sail to the presidency if that's the case.

If Perry has the know-nothing Right and the Progressives mad at him he is surely doing something right. As someone said, judge a man by who his enemies are. Perry will sail to the presidency if that's the case.

A good ole' boy has no enemies. :)

Real Conservatives know that Perry is a Liberal. Just because he poses with a shotgun and wears a Cowboy Hat that doesn't make him a conservative.

Yeah, I forgot to add a 'good ole' boy bought and paid for by the establishment. In other words a smoke and mirrors "good ole' boy.

It's amazing. No one seems willing to take a second look at their choice to support Perry, no matter how much negative info about him is presented.

Conservatives have been wanting someone extra tough on fiscal responsibility and illegal immigration, and then Perry comes along who doesn't really have the greatest conservative score on those issues and he's got 1/3 of the republican vote.

This is really the best candidate we can come up with for the conservative cause???

Only if Americans are to stupid to know the difference between. immigration and Illegal Immigration. See one can be for allowing More Immigration, while being for Stopping Illegal immigration and securing the Border.

Problem is the Left and the Press have for some time been trying to convince Americans that it is all or nothing. Either you are pro Immigration, Or you Hate Immigration.

They Constantly try and make it seem people against Illegal Immigration and for Securing the Border must therefore be racists who are against any Immigration.

They Keep saying it, But save for a small Minority of Racists, it's not true.

Yet another remarkable post from the right, devoid of fact or evidence.

But Perry supports legal, illegal, you name it. Move all of Mexico up here, basically. I just don't get how anyone hopes to be taken seriously as the Republican nominee in 2012 that way. He will probably be coached to "shape up", but it's kinda too late...

There is, however, the fact that republicans alone don’t decide who will be president.

Romney was more prepared for the question. First, he called for a fence along the border. Then, he called for more U.S. agents to secure the fence. And then he called for measures to turn off what he called the "magnet" drawing illegal immigrants to the United States. "Sanctuary cities, giving tuition breaks to the kids of illegal aliens, employers that knowingly hire people who are here illegally -- those things also have to be stopped," Romney said.

Romney clearly doesn’t have an understanding of the law, as some of the above may not pass Constitutional muster. And why would Romney advocate disallowing tuition breaks to US citizen children, as the status of their parents is irrelevant, per Constitutional case law.

Perry many not know any better, but at least he didn’t exhibit his ignorance as did Romney.

And it’s telling that to be taken seriously as a GOP nominee, with regard to immigration, you have to advocate breaking the law.

Real Conservatives know that Perry is a Liberal. Just because he poses with a shotgun and wears a Cowboy Hat that doesn't make him a conservative.

You wouldn't know a real conservative if one bit you.
And don't stand too close to Ron Paul because that crazy motherfucker might do it.

And don't stand too close to Ron Paul because that crazy motherfucker might do it.
As always, Rabbi with the smooth debate skills :rolleyes:

Right now, I see Perry as having the best chance to do away with Obama once and for all.

I cant wait to see them debate.... that is, if Perry shows up, and Obama is'nt late :dunno:

Right now, I see Perry as having the best chance to do away with Obama once and for all.

I don't get how you see that. Perry is just too similar in a lot of ways to Bush. That cowboy thing, the accent, how much his religion influences his politics, etc.

And those are just the aesthetics. His record on a lot issues earns him a pretty crappy conservative score. Politically he reminds me a lot of McCain. Not really a conservative, except according to the media when it's most convenient to represent him as one.

Romney tries too hard to be all things to all people. Romney 2012 is completely different than Romney 2008, who was 180 degrees different than Governor Romney of Massachusetts.

Any direction the political wind blows, that's where you'll find Romney.

Forum List

Back