Unexpected Results of Overturning Rowe V Wade

When discussing the overturning of Rowe V Wade, all discussions focused on abortion. However there are going to be some unexpected results other allowing states to control abortion.

Reading the draft opinion, the underpinnings for the decision is no constitutional basis for Rowe therefore it is a state not a federal issue. The draft went into details explaining why there was no implied right to abortion and thus the 4th and 16th amendment were not applicable. With this majority opinion it becomes clear that there is more going on than just giving states control over abortion.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, this ruling undermines a number of other federal rulings for example the states right to forbid interracial marriage as well as gay marriages. It also weakens the case for federal laws managing healthcare such as HIPPA and Obamacare, federal aid to education, etc. It is a huge victory for state rights with the potential to totally upend the America we know.

Another result of the ruling is political. Will support for antiabortion in the Republican party be as strong after Rowe is overturned as before? I think not. Support for antiabortion in the Republican Party comes from the religious right and the anti-big government crowd who strongly favor states rights. When Rowe is law of the land, these two groups were united in the desire abolish federal protection for abortion. With state control of abortion there is going to be less enthusiasm for antiabortion within the party. Over the last 20 years, 30% of the party has become a member on a non-Christian religion or none at all. The second reason I think that support is going to drop is that the big national battle is over. Although there will be fighting in most states, in some states it will just be a non-issue.

Before the court draft came out, I was reading articles about republicans getting full control of government in 2024 and passing anti-abortion legislation that would make abortion illegal in the US. It seems that the court deciding that abortion is a state issue has shot that down removing any hope of a united country on this issue.
Abortion was never banned.

Did you quit school before you got to 10th grade biology?
This isn't a debate. A sperm developed into me, so sperm can develop into people.

I do kind of pity you. There you were, all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, ready to show those evil liberals ... then you find out just how much of a liberal bias reality has.

This isn't a debate. A sperm developed into me, so sperm can develop into people.

I do kind of pity you. There you were, all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, ready to show those evil liberals ... then you find out just how much of a liberal bias reality has.
Nope. Put a sperm in a petri dish, and you just get an old sperm. Try for that GED. It's not too late.

Yawn. That was easy.
A link to a pro-lie website? Really? As far as pants-wetting retreats go, that was a major one.

Anyways, normal people will noticed that the quotes they gave had not one single instance of Sagner being racist. So why are you lying and claiming the opposite?

They also lied openly about PP facilities being in minority districts, and I'm sure you heartily approve of that lie.

And they lied about Sanger's KKK appearance. She literally risked her life to tell some poor white women about birth control. Claiming that's racist will consign the liar to an especialy firey pit in Hell.

So, got any original lies?

A link to a pro-lie website? Really? As far as pants-wetting retreats go, that was a major one.

Anyways, normal people will noticed that the quotes they gave had not one single instance of Sagner being racist. So why are you lying and claiming the opposite?

They also lied openly about PP facilities being in minority districts, and I'm sure you heartily approve of that lie.

And they lied about Sanger's KKK appearance. She literally risked her life to tell some poor white women about birth control. Claiming that's racist will consign the liar to an especialy firey pit in Hell.

So, got any original lies?
Soros-financed Politifact? lol. And you're on about sources?
Sorry to burst your talking points bubble, but, yes, Sanger was a horrible racist. I know it's tough to face evidence of that. Your whole ideology is based on lies. All of atheism is a lie.

Nope. Put a sperm in a petri dish, and you just get an old sperm.
Put a zygote in a petri dish, you just get an old zygote.

Try for that GED. It's not too late.

A little advice -- in order to pull off the condescending act, you have to actually be smart. That's why I can do it, and you can't.

Now, the important question. How long until you declare victory and stomp off? Your kind always does, after all.

It is a huge victory for state rights with the potential to totally upend the America we know.
I'm 65, was around before roe v wade came down the first time in the 70's, that upended the country and set off a hotly contested "debate" that continues to this day, the only way this decision could upend the country as we know it is if it ends that argument.
Before the court draft came out, I was reading articles about republicans getting full control of government in 2024 and passing anti-abortion legislation that would make abortion illegal in the US. It seems that the court deciding that abortion is a state issue has shot that down removing any hope of a united country on this issue.
Again, the country has never been united on this subject, it has been at odds over abortion since the original decision.

If they succeed, voters see that Democrats are a force for good.

If they fail, voters see that Republicans are a force for evil.

To sumamrize:
  • Murdering innocent children: Good
  • Protecting innocent children from those who wish to murder them: Evil
Just more proof that modern LIbEralism is both a mental disease and a moral disease.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, this ruling undermines a number of other federal rulings for example the states right to forbid interracial marriage as well as gay marriages.
Nope. Interracial and gay marriage were decided on the basis of equal protection of the laws. Roe (not Rowe) was decided on "due process" and "privacy".

Apples and oranges.

So now you're claimng that adult humans can be grown in a petri dish. You just keep digging in deeper.

Not all pro-lifers have severe problems concerning women, but so many of them do. Misogyny is fundamental to the pro-life movement.
It's so self-centered to deny the abortion issue is about little babies, and claim the woman's convenience is more important.

No, because biology said so. Please do try to keep up.
Biology says no such thing. Pro-lifers just lie about that.

And why do they lie?

Because all the other pro-lifers tell the same lie, and sheep bleat along with their fellow sheep.

And because they get a pervy thrill when they lie to advance their fascist control freak agenda.

Forum List

Back