Underlying conditions

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
I have noticed a distinct lack of empathy for people who have died from the virus and who have underlying health conditions. In particular, the elderly folk who live in care homes. They almost seem to be an afterthought. Like the old dear had asthma so what do you expect?

In particular, this lack of empathy is most evident when it comes to easing the lockdown. Only 90,000 people have died but they already had diabetes so there is minimum risk.

I reject this heartless standpoint. My neighbour who has high blood pressure is living a full life, he has a job, pays taxes and has kids and enjoys many interests. Surely he is due more protection not less ?

I have noticed a distinct lack of empathy for people who have died from the virus and who have underlying health conditions. In particular, the elderly folk who live in care homes. They almost seem to be an afterthought. Like the old dear had asthma so what do you expect?

In particular, this lack of empathy is most evident when it comes to easing the lockdown. Only 90,000 people have died but they already had diabetes so there is minimum risk.

I reject this heartless standpoint. My neighbour who has high blood pressure is living a full life, he has a job, pays taxes and has kids and enjoys many interests. Surely he is due more protection not less ?
Is that why you got him rousted by the police?

Is that why you got him rousted by the police?
Dont know what you are talking about. Why dont you respond to the OP ?

A huge percentage of Americans have "underlying health conditions". Most don't even know it. People with Type 2 diabetes can go years without showing symptoms, all the while damaging organs and causing non-reversible damage until too late. Obesity is another serious American health problem. The "heart condition" recently revealed abour President Trump, which is actually a disease of the arteries, is also very common.

A huge percentage of Americans have "underlying health conditions". Most don't even know it. People with Type 2 diabetes can go years without showing symptoms, all the while damaging organs and causing non-reversible damage until too late. Obesity is another serious American health problem. The "heart condition" recently revealed abour President Trump, which is actually a disease of the arteries, is also very common.
So are you suggesting we continue the lock down forever, because you think this will save the lives of those with underlying conditions?

Exactly. The thing is ill health is not a crime. Why should these people be punished ?

So are you suggesting we continue the lock down forever, because you think this will save the lives of those with underlying conditions?
Of course not. I think we should be finding ways of mitigating and finding safe ways for opening businesses. This is being done by private industry and business already. As we make things safer using these various methods, we continue looking for cures and vaccines. Doing things this way may only prevent a long depression and cause a longer-lasting recession, but it will make us stronger and better prepared for future pandemics.

You can't lock down the country or state or city just because some dipshit politician thinks it's the right thing to do. These would be totalitarian politicians have no business in any branch of government. Most of todays Democrats are tyrant wanna bes. They dream of bossing people around, probably because nobody listened to their stupid shit when they were growing up. So now we have a bunch of wimps trying to dominate the backbone of America, the worker. Fuck those nerds.

Exactly. The thing is ill health is not a crime. Why should these people be punished ?
Well, my point is a huge percentage of Americans will only learn they have conditions when it is too late.

You can't lock down the country or state or city just because some dipshit politician thinks it's the right thing to do. These would be totalitarian politicians have no business in any branch of government. Most of todays Democrats are tyrant wanna bes. They dream of bossing people around, probably because nobody listened to their stupid shit when they were growing up. So now we have a bunch of wimps trying to dominate the backbone of America, the worker. Fuck those nerds.
Science and statistics determined lockdowns were necessities for saving lives, not politicians. Politicians you disagree with simply followed the advice of experts on how to save lives.

Yeap Taint...people die. This is a virus...old people and people with comorbidities succumb to them.
Let me ask you something...did your heart ache last flu season when 800,000 people worldwide died...most aged or with underlying conditions ?
No you didn't...it was completely off your radar.
You are disingenuous, fake and a troll.

Just keep him away from NY Gov. Cuomo

Science and statistics determined lockdowns were necessities for saving lives, not politicians. Politicians you disagree with simply followed the advice of experts on how to save lives.
PART of the science community determined this. There were many epidemiologists, and healthcare professionals who completely disagreed with a complete lock down.

You need to reread Romans 13, Sessions quote it in defense of tramp. Also tramp gave permission to the governors and backtalked them continuously, and only the Democratic ones, calling them all kinds of innuendos.

What experts? The WHO, the CDC, the FDA, Fauci? They don't agree on parameters any more that CNN agrees with FOX or Sotomayor agrees with Clarence Thomas. Look at hydroxychloroquine. Most of the bullshit being thrown around today has much more to do with politics and a hatred for Trump, than it has to do with science. Even the retired Pres. is stirring up his racist pot to belittle Trump. Dr. Pelosi says Trump is morbidly obese and that makes him irresponsible to take hydroxychloroquine. Georgia and other places that have opened up are doing fine if not better than the lockdown states. And the cure is surely going to be worst than the disease for the lockdown states. We gotta open up and take a shot. The other way is a sure loser.

I'm not sure why you think that a permanent lockdown would prevent the elderly and infirm from dying. Or that the poverty and starvation which comes with the permanent lockdown doesn't have its own health consequences which aren't good

PART of the science community determined this. There were many epidemiologists, and healthcare professionals who completely disagreed with a complete lock down.
Which states had complete lockdowns? I say none. All were partial.

Well, Tommy, we're all living in the western society now largely promulgated by the British-- -- -- that the Serf's main function is to work for the Elite, the Royalty, toil in their factories until exhausted, worn out. Then discarded like a spent Kotex.

The much older and wiser Far Eastern cultures actually revere their seniors, recognizing them for their vast, lifelong accumulation of knowledge, experience and wisdom. I would personally never put a parent in a "retirement home" nor would I ever go to one myself. I'd rather be dead than to have to have nurses take care of my basic needs as I sit in the corner and drool. That is not life.

New Topics

Forum List

Back