Uncomfortable

So I’m in my local grocery store this morning picking up some fresh produce to make a nice lunch for my son after football practice and I notice a couple of workers restocking one section of the produce area. They are chatting with each other in Spanish, which is fine, when a few customers walk past them who happened to be Asian. The two of them start talking, apparently without concern, making all manner of very inappropriate comments about Asian people ( they were referring to them as Chinese, of course, which is something that a lot of ignorant people do as a blanket term for anyone from anywhere in Asia). They were not whispering to each other either. Obviously they assumed no Asian customers would understand what they were saying so they were standing 4 or 5 feet away making openly racist, insulting comments. When they noticed that I was looking at them clearly understanding what they said and walking towards their area they quickly found someplace else to be. And that was it. Not the end of the world, not a civil rights crisis, but something that made me feel pretty uncomfortable about where some people still are with their whole attitude about these things.

Your love for Asian men's feet shows up in just about every other thread you start.

All people hold stereotypical views of others...no one is innocent in this endeavor....that is why the white privilege charge is so bogus and will never gain any ground....

Maybe that privilege is born from being the dominant/largest group guilty of doing it. Majority rules and white beliefs become mainstream as they have the power to set the standards and narrative.

Last edited:
All people hold stereotypical views of others...no one is innocent in this endeavor....that is why the white privilege charge is so bogus and will never gain any ground....

Maybe that privilege is born from being the dominant/largest group guilty of doing it. Majority rules and white beliefs become mainstream as they have the power to set the standards and narrative.
Mumbo jumbo.....guilty of what exactly?...I will never be made to feel guilty for someone else's crimes and misdeeds especially when those misdeeds were committed before I was born....my life has not been a bed of roses and I'm sick and tired of people telling me I'm privileged...I grew up in the streets of south central LA....fighting off gangs and trying to befriend black kids...it wasn't easy...but we were poor so I enlisted in the Marine corps and off to Iraq I went....so do not assume the lives of others to be easier than yours...there is something very sick ignorant and selfish about that....

Then how have African Americans been successful here?...we are the least racist nation on the planet....crocodile tears will only take you so far and then people tire of them very quickly....

Forum List

Back