'Unbelievable speeds': 19-year-old charged after Mercedes clocked doing 308 km/h on QEW

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
For you guys all in the imperial system, about 191 miles an hour.

At 19, why is his name not released? I always assume it's some lawyers or doctors son, once in awhile a politicians. Lives were in danger if anyone was unfortunate enough to be stuck behind him on the road, no way you can react fact enough if a tricky situation occurs.

A 19-year-old man has been charged with street racing after the Mercedes he was driving was clocked doing 308 km/h on an Ontario highway.

"This is the fastest speed that I've ever heard of," said Sgt. Kerry Schmidt in a video posted to Twitter.

The veteran Ontario Provincial Police officer said he was "pretty much speechless" when he heard how fast the car was going before police managed to pull it over on the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) in Burlington, Ont., around 10 p.m. Saturday.

"This could have turned into the most devastating, fatal crash ever."

The 19-year-old was driving his parents' car and had another 19-year-old man riding in the passenger seat, according to Schmidt.

The teen's licence was suspended, the car impounded for seven days and he was also charged with stunt and dangerous driving.

Last edited:
For you guys all in the metric system, about 191 miles an hour.

At 19, why is his name not released? I always assume it's some lawyers or doctors son, once in awhile a politicians. Lives were in danger if anyone was unfortunate enough to be stuck behind him on the road, no way you can react fact enough if a tricky situation occurs.

A 19-year-old man has been charged with street racing after the Mercedes he was driving was clocked doing 308 km/h on an Ontario highway.

"This is the fastest speed that I've ever heard of," said Sgt. Kerry Schmidt in a video posted to Twitter.

The veteran Ontario Provincial Police officer said he was "pretty much speechless" when he heard how fast the car was going before police managed to pull it over on the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) in Burlington, Ont., around 10 p.m. Saturday.

"This could have turned into the most devastating, fatal crash ever."

The 19-year-old was driving his parents' car and had another 19-year-old man riding in the passenger seat, according to Schmidt.

The teen's licence was suspended, the car impounded for seven days and he was also charged with stunt and dangerous driving.

No biggie. My John Deere lawn mower can top that. :71:

had a kid on motor bike doing 120 mph...i have no clue what that is in canadain...down king street the main street in boone....said he hit the intersection at wendys at 120...seems that with the lockdown people are using the empty roads to speed like hell...the cops are bothering people till you do something this stupid...

Absolutely ridiculous that vehicles capable of this speed are constructed and sold.

Why is his name not released? Who knows...maybe his father or his mother are foreign diplomats and the Canadian government doesn't want a diplomatic incident :dunno:
Anyways this guy should be ashamed of himself....he could have killed somebody! :mad:

Forum List

Back