UN Report Suggests Drones Hunted And Killed Soldiers On It's Own

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"At least one autonomous drone operated by artificial intelligence (AI) may have killed people for the first time last year in Libya, without any humans consulted prior to the attack, according to a U.N. report. According to the report, lethal autonomous aircraft may have "hunted down and remotely engaged" soldiers and convoys fighting for Libyan general Khalifa Haftar. It's not clear who exactly deployed these killer robots; these attacks may have taken place in March 2020. "The lethal autonomous weapons systems were programmed to attack targets without requiring data connectivity between the operator and the munition: in effect, a true 'fire, forget and find' capability," the report noted."

If this is true; and certain countries are now using autonomous weapons to kill people with; that is pretty awesome...I mean, we already know we have drones; but they are usually being monitored by humans; who at times, won't make the decisions necessary when it comes to war...So having weapons make decisions on their own; without human weakness; that is pretty awesome...

I have no idea why certain folks like Stephen Hawking or even Elon Musk want these weapons banned.. Why? I am more pissed that our country hasn't started using autonomous weapons years ago..We let countries like Libya beat us to the punch on this??

"At least one autonomous drone operated by artificial intelligence (AI) may have killed people for the first time last year in Libya, without any humans consulted prior to the attack, according to a U.N. report. According to the report, lethal autonomous aircraft may have "hunted down and remotely engaged" soldiers and convoys fighting for Libyan general Khalifa Haftar. It's not clear who exactly deployed these killer robots; these attacks may have taken place in March 2020. "The lethal autonomous weapons systems were programmed to attack targets without requiring data connectivity between the operator and the munition: in effect, a true 'fire, forget and find' capability," the report noted."

If this is true; and certain countries are now using autonomous weapons to kill people with; that is pretty awesome...I mean, we already know we have drones; but they are usually being monitored by humans; who at times, won't make the decisions necessary when it comes to war...So having weapons make decisions on their own; without human weakness; that is pretty awesome...

I have no idea why certain folks like Stephen Hawking or even Elon Musk want these weapons banned.. Why? I am more pissed that our country hasn't started using autonomous weapons years ago..We let countries like Libya beat us to the punch on this??
Stephen Hawking is dead.

BLM could use them on asians and not get caught

Stephen Hawking is dead.
His consciousness has been stored in computer memory awaiting implantation into killer drones.

A UN report "suggested". That has about as much validity as a politician saying he wants to unite the parties for the good of the country.

Forum List

Back