Ultimately, what drew Trump voters to show up en masse...

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
I'm including myself in this forum (and other venues) as one who derided and condescended Trump acolytes and right wingers in general.

Many of us called these folks, old, white, southern red-necked types, uneducated, narrow-minded, racists, xenophobic, misogynists, regressive.....and downright stupid American voters who claimed that they only lost in the past because us.....democrats....cheat at the polls by having illegals and corpses vote along with us.

These labels and derisive name-calling obviously angered these folks, and they made damn sure to come out and vote by the millions for someone like Trump whom many of them (not all, obviously) hated LESS than they hated Hillary Clinton.

Comey's letter certainly had its debilitating (and expected) impact on Clinton, but the thinly-veiled allegation by Comey is far from the main factor why many just did not vote for her (just heard a report that in some Wisconsin county, 45,000 people skipped the presidential slots, and Trump won by a mere 27,000 votes.)

Yes, for us democrats....as Pogo famously stated......we met the enemy and it was indeed us. Clinton had too much baggage on her shoulders AND, our labeling right wingers uneducated hicks has made us pay the heavy price.

Last edited:
I'm including myself in this forum (and other venues) as one who derided and condescended Trump acolytes and right wingers in general.

Many of us called these folks, old, white, southern red-necked types, uneducated, narrow-minded, racists, xenophobic, misogynists, regressive.....and downright stupid American voters who claimed that they only lost in the past because us.....democrats....cheat at the polls by having illegals and corpses vote along with us.

These labels and derision name-calling obviously angered these folks, and they made damn sure to come out and vote by the millions for someone like Trump whom many of them (not all, obviously) hated LESS than they hated Hillary Clinton.

Comey's letter certainly had its debilitating (and expected) impact on Clinton, but the thinly-veiled allegation by Comey is far from the main factor why many just did not vote for her (just heard a report that in some Wisconsin county, 45,000 people skipped the presidential slots, and Trump won by a mere 27,000 votes.)

Yes, for us democrats....as Pogo famously stated......we met the enemy and it was indeed us. Clinton had too much baggage on her shoulders AND, our labeling right wingers uneducated hicks has made us pay the heavy price.

Clinton lost the "Blue Wall" in the Rust Belt, Nat...that's what cost her the election! Blue collar, union people in places like Michigan, Wisconsin and Ohio who normally vote Democratic turned their backs on Hillary Clinton and the Democrats. They no longer bought the narrative that the Democrats were "their" party!

Not to mention the fact that when the Dems had all three branches they passed that very harmful Health Care bill against the majority of the people with only their party voting for it.

• Banned
They no longer bought the narrative that the Democrats were "their" party!

perhaps.....but I interpret such as "...Clinton was NOT a good representative of their democrat party...."

• Banned
Everyone who voted for Trump was determined to do so from the MOMENT he announced he was running.

Kind of inane, don't you think?

(but, no one can fully account for the Trump-love-fest by some.)

Not to mention the fact that when the Dems had all three branches they passed that very harmful Health Care bill against the majority of the people with only their party voting for it.

Are you referring to the ACA mostly written by a republican think tank and one that Trump is now claiming to adopt for the most part?

These labels and derision name-calling obviously angered these folks, and they made damn sure to come out and vote by the millions for someone like Trump whom many of them (not all, obviously) hated LESS than they hated Hillary Clinton.

Uuuuummmm fairly insightful, I'm honestly impressed. It was labeling a huge part of the electorate as deplorable and racist, the first time I can remember when a candidate and the party backing that candidate attacked the electorate.

They no longer bought the narrative that the Democrats were "their" party!

perhaps.....but I interpret such as "...Clinton was NOT a good representative of their democrat party...."

Clinton OWNED the Democratic Party, Nat! She had the Chair of the DNC in her back pocket and the primary was rigged. Hillary is the perfect representative of what the Democratic Party has become! You people think if you pump enough Hispanics into the country you'll win elections. Funny thing though...some of your other voting blocks have woken up to the fact that you don't give a damn about them.

or the election was stolen

Everyone who voted for Trump was determined to do so from the MOMENT he announced he was running.

I voted for Trump in the primary and general. But I started out liking Marco Rubio. But he was out by time the primary got to my state. I kept an open mind on Hillary. But I watch mainly FoxNews and she never appeared on any of the programs I watch. Trump, on the other hand, was on all the cable stations. The deplorable comment is when she lost me totally and I went Trump 100%.

So, is this an obituary?.........:lol:..........

You people think if you pump enough Hispanics into the country you'll win elections

NO, the reality is that minorities have many more offspring than older, white couples....Simple as that.....Florida, Texas and Arizona will be blue in another decade or so. Its not political spin....just the reality of demographics.

Dear peach174
But the supporters were still willing to unite behind Clinton anyway!
Look at the protests.
The media kept pushing that this ACA was what the left wanted.

Are there REALLY more people voting against all that than for it?
I still can't believe it.

I was lead to believe the combined minority voters bought out by Democrats
is the greater population, for which the politicized liberals control the narrative
in the party and media to appeal to that image and marketing audience,
and the white working class is now the minority.

???

Are you saying this isn't so?

The protestors still are saying THEY represent the voice and will of the people.

Still, if the LGBT can compromise a fraction of the population and dominate with their policies,
even if the vote against the liberal Democrats IS the minority, maybe it's their turn to dominate
REGARLDESS what the majority says. Because that's what the left was doing,
and claiming they were the majority voice.

So confusing, if you try to make sense of how the MEDIA defines the majority of America.
Both are yelling to be heard. Aren't they equally valid regardless of numbers?

Clinton lost the "Blue Wall" in the Rust Belt, Nat...that's what cost her the election! Blue collar, union people in places like Michigan, Wisconsin and Ohio who normally vote Democratic turned their backs on Hillary Clinton and the Democrats. They no longer bought the narrative that the Democrats were "their" party!

Correct. Because the word "democrat" has become synonymous with "forcing 50 states against their will to have two men or two women pretend to be "mother and father" vital to children: for which marriage was created in the first place". That and the mandate to let boys use their daughters' showers in schools across the country. It's like Obama was out to sabotage Hillary's chance at all with that one. It has like a 99% STRONG disapproval rating with all voters across the entire political spectrum. That's why I created a thread that's called "Obama screws Hillary twice".

Forum List

Back