Ukraine’s high casualty rate could bring war to tipping point

Baron

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2008
Brooklyn, NYC
Too sad but the carnage will continue.
Russia will not stop until includes the entirely Ukraine into Russia and Ukraine will gonna fight until the last soldier dies.
If Putin stops the war Russia will run by Kadirov.
If Zelensky does the same he will be assassinated by Ukrainian nationalists and generals

Any way you count it, the figures are stark: Ukrainian casualties are running at a rate of somewhere between 6oo and 1,000 a day. One presidential adviser, Oleksiy Arestovych, told the Guardian this week it was 150 killed and 800 wounded daily; another, Mykhaylo Podolyak, told the BBC that 100 to 200 Ukrainian troops a day were being killed.
It represents an extraordinary loss of human life and capacity for the defenders, embroiled in a defence of the eastern city of Sievierodonetsk that this week turned into a losing battle. Yet the city was also arguably a place that Ukraine could have retreated from to the more defensible Lysychansk, across the Siverski Donets River, the sort of defensive situation that Ukraine has fared far better in.
The sheer number – more than 20,000 casualties a month – raises questions about what state Ukraine’s army will be in if the war drags on into the autumn. The same is true for the Russians too, of course. But the invaders already control large chunks of Ukraine, and they can pause the fighting with the territorial upper hand.

Consider the figures in context. Ukraine’s army was 125,000 strong, according to the International Institute for Strategic Studies, and there were 102,000 national and border guards in addition. Analysts’ crude estimates suggest that since the start of the war the total could have doubled to an impressive 500,000.

War cannot end due to the current condition of the human condition(human nature). You will be hearing of wars & rumors of wars, as it always has been. People could care less about war(s) as long as it does not effect them directly in a negative way. Some folks even make a LOT of $$$$$ off of wars which is a good thing, depending upon ones personal views on the matter!

Read the book of 2nd Peter if you desire to know WHY we as humanity as a whole cannot end the scourge of war. It was this ridiculously short book that dashed any hopes of mine in finding an end to war in general regarding humanity. It was after reading 2nd Peter, many times over that I had my first real reality check about not just humanity in general but also myself as an individual.

It was after I first fully COMPREHENDED the message in this short book of few words that I started using the words "It's in our nature". During or shortly after my return to anchor a post K-12 education I first started using the a modified phrase "...due to the current condition of the human condition(human nature)...". Arnie said it best in the T-2 movie: "It's in your nature to destroy yourselves"(too direct as it offends people). Like it or not these less than useless destructive wars are a great learning tool to illustrate just what humanity can accomplish when left on its own!!!

Enough about these ridiculous wars for now though. I posted the below vid a while ago but here's a refresher of that vid. Question: do U know WHY deer avoid war? Answer: They are too busy having fun!!! Enjoy!

Many ukrainians have not yet realized that the Independent Ukraine project is collapsing. They stubbornly cling to the idea that they will sit out this attack and everything will be as it was - dumplings with sour cream, a hut with a garden and an apple tree, trousers with embroidery - in general, a quiet, peaceful nook.
As soon as they realize that everything around them has become part of Russia and their island of independence has turned into a giant continent with a different currency, many nationalities and languages, and the country they knew no longer exists - the instinct to adapt to the changed living conditions will work, the stage of accepting the inevitable will begin.
And now, yes, they hate fiercely because they are sure that their universe is inviolable. To be honest, I am surprised that they do not even want to think about the fact that this is the end, that the russians will slowly and inevitably grind the ukrainians to its complete disappearance in the sea of the russian people.

Too sad but the carnage will continue.
Russia will not stop until includes the entirely Ukraine into Russia and Ukraine will gonna fight until the last soldier dies.
If Putin stops the war Russia will run by Kadirov.
If Zelensky does the same he will be assassinated by Ukrainian nationalists and generals

Any way you count it, the figures are stark: Ukrainian casualties are running at a rate of somewhere between 6oo and 1,000 a day. One presidential adviser, Oleksiy Arestovych, told the Guardian this week it was 150 killed and 800 wounded daily; another, Mykhaylo Podolyak, told the BBC that 100 to 200 Ukrainian troops a day were being killed.
It represents an extraordinary loss of human life and capacity for the defenders, embroiled in a defence of the eastern city of Sievierodonetsk that this week turned into a losing battle. Yet the city was also arguably a place that Ukraine could have retreated from to the more defensible Lysychansk, across the Siverski Donets River, the sort of defensive situation that Ukraine has fared far better in.
The sheer number – more than 20,000 casualties a month – raises questions about what state Ukraine’s army will be in if the war drags on into the autumn. The same is true for the Russians too, of course. But the invaders already control large chunks of Ukraine, and they can pause the fighting with the territorial upper hand.

Consider the figures in context. Ukraine’s army was 125,000 strong, according to the International Institute for Strategic Studies, and there were 102,000 national and border guards in addition. Analysts’ crude estimates suggest that since the start of the war the total could have doubled to an impressive 500,000.

Since Putin took over direction of the war affairs from his generals the war has turned around dramatically. You have to wonder if the other guys were working for Ukraine. The Russian artillery batteries are probably the most ferocious on Earth. And they have an endless supply of shells.... basically they're roasting the Ukrainian army right into Oblivion with hundreds of enormous artillery shells falling on them like rain.

Forum List

Back