Zone1 Ukraine says it never refused to negotiate with Russia, wants talks with Putin successor - Reuters

you not only call a superpower's leadership a 'puppy', you tell us to spank it with a newspaper?! you're nuts.
Russia needs to be punished? THE DAMAGE HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE. all you can do now is prevent MORE damage from being done.
No, what absolutely has to be done is to not only punish Russia, which isn’t a superpower by the way, but to make it plain to other potential aggressors that they won’t be allowed to benefit from their aggressions.
as for the puppy simile, don’t be so literal.

yeah, about that particular form of brilliance...
in the eyes of the average modern (Middle-)Eastern warrior recruit, you get responses like :and in the eyes of actual graduated (Middle-)Eastern warriors, you get about this : but in practical terms, you *actually get* *this* : the begging by "the oppressed" (who in fact are authoritarians themselves of some sort) for attention, weapons and recruits.
I doubt that anyone here, including me, has a clue what you are talking about?? .. :cuckoo:
You been tipping the bottle tonight? ... :alcoholic:

I doubt that anyone here, including me, has a clue what you are talking about?? .. :cuckoo:
You been tipping the bottle tonight? ... :alcoholic:
i don't drink alcohol.

but since you still don't "get it", let me lay it out flat for you :

you party like there's no tomorrow whenever NATO/USA/UK/EU goes into a strategic/tactical retreat,
and blame us (the West) for all that's still wrong in the world (rather than looking inwards, to your own actions and the actions of your leaders),
hoping to gain recruits and funds and equipment to use against us in future wars.

peace has to be desired and worked towards by all sides.
if one side is offering peace from a position of strength (like NATO for instance),
and the other side (whether they be Russian, Chinese, Muslim, or a combination thereof) spits in the face of such diplomacy offers with rethoric and indoctrination material solely designed to gain the support of young impressionable minds,
then negotiators among the strong are going to say "well, we tried. again. didn't work this time either, we'll just leave it to the troops. keep 'm ready."

nonsense. Russia does not need regime change. just a full retreat. and the best way to achieve that is by allowing them to save face.
Putin is unwilling to withdraw

He wants to keep captured territory

Putin is unwilling to withdraw

He wants to keep captured territory
well, to put all my cards on the table :

i support the Truman doctrine (after reading up on that part of recent history),
and even Western control over vital global commodity supplies like wheat, steel, and stuff like that.
why? because we can not trust any leaders in the (Middle-)Eastern Alliance to treat us fairly. we've seen that at every turn.

but the opposite is also true, especially among superpowers in what *is*, by common desire of world-leading governments, a *multi-polar* world.
power should not be abused. let's just boil it back down to that.
and that means we must not let Ukraine ridicule Putin, or start an arms race on the Russian western border.

What is "you party"?
Who are they? ... :dunno:
"you party" means "you celebrate", "you see your friends and have a good time"
"you" means you and your friends back home, mr Sunni Man.

Ukraine says it never refused to negotiate with Russia, wants talks with Putin successor - Reuters
Ukraine says it never refused to negotiate with Russia, wants talks with Putin successor ReutersView Full Coverage on Google News

Remote : Mon, 07 Nov 2022 15:57:00 GMT
Local : 2022-11-07(Monday) 16 : 57 : 00
Found via World Headlines on nicer.app

with Putin's *successor*? that's not exactly giving the Russians a graceful way out now is it?
and eh, whose idea was it to reject the claims of the peoples of the Donbass region to be a part of Russia? was that the Americans, the Britts, or the Ukranian leaders in Kyiv?
the Truman doctrine never included letting ourselves be held hostage to the greed or whims of aspiring new members to our alliances, did it?
Your top link:

"'Ukraine has never refused to negotiate. Our negotiating position is known and open,' he wrote on Twitter, saying that Russia should first withdraw its troops from Ukraine.

"'Is Putin ready? Obviously not. Therefore, we are constructive in our assessment: we will talk with the next leader of (Russia).'"

An alternative view:

"Following the 2022 Ukrainian eastern counteroffensive, Russia renewed calls for peace talks. Ukrainian leaders refused to reopen dialogue, claiming that the Russian government was not truly committed to peace and was simply stalling for time while its forces regrouped."

Imho, and meaningful negotiations will exclude the US puppets in Ukraine and take place directly between DC and Moscow.

New Topics

Forum List

Back