CDZ Ukraine : Russia wants the 'Minsk protocol' seen through, not a railroad heading east from it's Crimean Sebastopol naval base.

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Capital : Kyiv

Now, Russia is insisting that the Minsk Protocol be implemented by all conflicted parties there, and i can see why.
Noavoazovsk is a harber town with connections to the Russian road network.
Sobastopol naval base could be efficiently resupplied from there.

On top of that, i don't think that the current government in Kyiv has te authority to rule over seperatists that want to join the Russian Federation instead.

it's a tiny territory to hand over to the will of it's inhabitants for the governments in Kyiv and the west,
it's a ton less railroad construction cost for Russia than the idea i mentioned here :

and it's hundreds of miles away from the capital of Ukraiine.
plus : both sides would get a 10 mile buffer zone with artillery > 100mm outlawed.

i think we have a winner of a proposal here,
and it should be given serious thought in all wider economic, political, military and intel negotiations between the nations involved in the 'Ukrainian standoff'.

see also :
Russian envoy slams Western media’s statements as ploy to ‘illustrate success’
According to Dmitry Polyanskiy, the West should think of how to make Ukraine implement the Minsk agreements and what to do with long-term security arrangements in Europe

Russia seeks to prevent Kiev from resolving Donbass issue by force, says envoy
Kiev has violated the Minsk agreements on almost all issues, including the disengagement of forces and hardware along the contact line in Donbass, Boris Gryzlov noted

US wants Minsk Agreements to be revised — Russian Foreign Ministry
Maria Zakharova pointed to US Secretary of State Antony Blinken's remark that the implementation of the Minsk Agreements required "the appropriate sequencing"

delay-tactics... why?

Normandy Four needs to urge Kiev to hold direct dialogue with Donbass, says LPR
According to Rodion Miroshnik, although Ukraine is declaring its commitment to the Minsk agreements, it still does not comply with them

Ukraine-Russia crisis: What is the Minsk agreement?
France's Macron says the 2015 ceasefire deal between Kyiv and Moscow offers a 'path' to peace.

Minsk ready to discuss Russian security proposals with West, Foreign Ministry says
According to Sergey Aleinik, the Russian drafts of agreements represent a serious proposal to engage in dialogue for building the architecture of common European security

Ukraine crisis: Macron says 'concrete solutions' possible between Russia and West
After Moscow and Kyiv, Macron landed in Berlin on Tuesday evening, where he said a challenging dialogue with the Kremlin was "the only way to make peace possible in Ukraine".

Poland prepares for 'up to a million' refugees fleeing Ukraine as Russian threat continues: report
Poland has braced itself to receive "up to a million refugees" fleeing Ukraine if Russia invades the former Soviet nation.

Local : 2022-02-08(Tuesday) 18:53:48
Found via nicer.app/news

Last edited:
What's also very interesting to note for the wider public : natural gas reserves in Europe are at 50%, during a mild winter no less!

That means we *need* the Russians to be willing to supply natural gas at reasonable rates, In order for that to happen, we here in the western alliance (NATO+AUKUS+EU+Allied Countries) should be extending an olive branch of reasonability in negotiations with Russia on all topics now on the Russian Front agenda, not just Ukraine, but Lithuania and the 2 countries north of that too!
and we *need* the Greeks and Italians to stop bickering about who gets to make the most out of the natural gas reserves found in the seas between them.

Last edited:
i think we have a winner of a proposal here,
and it should be given serious thought in all wider economic, political, military and intel negotiations between the nations involved in the 'Ukrainian standoff'.
You err in thinking that America wants a solution. The bad situation was created when the US promoted Ukraine's attempt to take Crimea. That of course was a bridge too far against Russia's interests, and you do appear to understand the reason why.

The only solution for US/Nato is in Russia giving Crimea back and that can never happen.

Therefore, no compromise is possible, or even desired.

And more to the point at this moment, the critical situation is the Nordstream2 pipeline and the ramifications of it's impact on Europe.

I won't belabour the point further because it just detracts from your intention here. Ask me for more details if you want to go there.

You err in thinking that America wants a solution. The bad situation was created when the US promoted Ukraine's attempt to take Crimea. That of course was a bridge too far against Russia's interests, and you do appear to understand the reason why.

The only solution for US/Nato is in Russia giving Crimea back and that can never happen.

Therefore, no compromise is possible, or even desired.

And more to the point at this moment, the critical situation is the Nordstream2 pipeline and the ramifications of it's impact on Europe.

I won't belabour the point further because it just detracts from your intention here. Ask me for more details if you want to go there.
yeah, i'd like to know why that Nordstream 2 pipeline is such a big deal.. Other than being a more direct line to my country (NL) of course ;)

yeah, i'd like to know why that Nordstream 2 pipeline is such a big deal.. Other than being a more direct line to my country (NL) of course ;)
The US characterizes it as Russian/Putin aggression.

It threatens to break the hold the US has on European countries through Germany's cooperation with Russia and some energy dependence on Russia.
And where Germany leads, most of the EU will follow.

It threatens to break the hold the US has on European countries through Germany's cooperation with Russia and some energy dependence on Russia.
Can't the US supply half of the gas, and Russia the other half, to Europe?
Wouldn't that be a case of all ending up winners?

OK, i'm going to take 2 steps back with my nicer.app/news[2] 'wonder machine'... i'm :
* NOT going to build server-side news searching features, which would make news searching on specific keywords *tons* faster, because that would mean the machine gets too powerful for today's very international market.
instead, i'm going to let the spyware-for-desktops systems called 'the webserver rootkit', provide *me* with the right headlines from the *recent* news, when :

the economists, diplomats and *politicians* have figured out how much European money to tap (Western Europe being one of the ideal holiday destinations after all) via natural gas sales, and for them to figure out a compromise for the dispute between Greece, Italy and Egypt over natural gas reserves found in the Mediterranean Sea between those countries.

just remember : the populations HATE seeing military men, women, and hardware used and *wasted* in actual combat!

sorry Russia, i was t-contacted[1] by western Spirits from the top branches of our economies very early this morning (around 05:00CET), who, after giving me a nice dream, pleaded with me for more time to hammer out a good deal concerning those natural gas reserves.
and i can't say you in Russia have been playing a very fair game towards western Europe.
instead, you've been playing a very very greedy "game".
now you reap the consequences : the absence of my support for quite a while, possibly lasting months.

[1] telepathy_manual - Google Drive
[2] GitHub - nicerapp/nicerapp

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220203_173224.png
    Screenshot_20220203_173224.png
    684.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20220204_142322.png
    Screenshot_20220204_142322.png
    431.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20220204_142431.png
    Screenshot_20220204_142431.png
    654.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20220206_192008.png
    Screenshot_20220206_192008.png
    340.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Yep

What's also very interesting to note for the wider public : natural gas reserves in Europe are at 50%, during a mild winter no less!

That means we *need* the Russians to be willing to supply natural gas at reasonable rates, In order for that to happen, we here in the western alliance (NATO+AUKUS+EU+Allied Countries) should be extending an olive branch of reasonability in negotiations with Russia on all topics now on the Russian Front agenda, not just Ukraine, but Lithuania and the 2 countries north of that too!
and we *need* the Greeks and Italians to stop bickering about who gets to make the most out of the natural gas reserves found in the seas between them.
So you want to reward naked aggression. At a MINIMUM the west needs to embargo all shipments to Russia, levy economic sanctions against not only the government of Russia, but the oligarchs that rule Russia and the members of the Putin government as well. We need to also freeze all assets and bank accounts held by those individuals. That's a minimum of what we need to do.

New Topics

Forum List

Back