Ukraine Refusing to Give US Info about Military Ops, despite Receiving Billions

There's a reason that several other European nations consider Ukraine one of the most corrupt nations. Money laundering is just one of them.

According to the New York Times, US intelligence agencies have a far better picture of Russia’s military operations than Ukraine’s.
Even in high-level talks with Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley, Ukrainian officials have only shared their strategic goals, not their operational plans.
Washington has such little information on Ukraine’s operations that it has tried to learn information from other countries operating in Ukraine.
Washington has even tried getting information from training sessions with Ukrainian forces, and even from Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky’s public comments.
The Times report indicated that "information gaps within the U.S. government could make it more difficult for the Biden administration to decide how to target military aid as it sends billions of dollars in weapons to Ukraine."
Further, it cited US officials who said "the Ukrainian government gave them few classified briefings or details about their operational plans."
"Ukrainian officials acknowledged that they did not tell the Americans everything."
..​

They are likely afraid Hunter Biden will give the information to the Chinese, who will then give it to Russia...

1655050899123.png

Looks like a real nasty war.

Yeah, but we've seen that before, in other Presidents. Joe's are just another example of comic gaffs, that are always fun at to poke fun at, no matter who is in office. I am seriously talking about people inside or at the periphery of inside, possibly sharing information, possibly information that could add to a tactical puzzle piece with reporters or friends in bars, showing off, they think they are insiders with tid bits, that could reveal future plans. Picking up the small random puzzle pieces and putting them together is how it's really done.
We have seen information intentionally dropped by the administration as to the type of intel being given to Ukraine. There is simply never a valid reason to publicly disclose this, as it discloses, possibilities. Not to forget, we also have people that are privy, that do not like the administration (true in any administration) that could leak something on purpose, publicly or sadly more directly.
Lastly, a couple of good reasons, not to share plans. It is their war, not ours, even if we are picking up major portions of the tab. They guard freedom of operation from having hands tied, by people on another continent passing judgement on plans. Sometimes it is better you don't know for all involved, no matter how much somebody wants to know. And, finally, it is not our war and we do publicly do not want to be dragged into it, first hand. By Ukraine not sharing certain plans, and it's becoming public, they aren't sharing certain plans, it lends psuedo international plausible deniability, in case Ukraine determines it has to do something, that would not or could not be publicly supported by the US (whether they privately support it or not). If that is part of the reason, as an American, one has to salute the (stand-up guy nature of) Ukrainian government.
I've lived through a lot of US Presidents, White and I've never seen anyone who goes off on "tangents" like Joe Biden does when he's speaking in public! He's always had a reputation for being someone who would bore you with long winded responses but since his mental decline those long winded responses get more and more non sensical. Corn Pop? Getting appointed to the Naval Academy? Let's be honest with ourselves...our President lives in a world he's making up and it's getting worse by the week. As bad as Reagan was at the end...Biden is already there NOW and he's still got two more years to go!

I've lived through a lot of US Presidents, White and I've never seen anyone who goes off on "tangents" like Joe Biden does when he's speaking in public! He's always had a reputation for being someone who would bore you with long winded responses but since his mental decline those long winded responses get more and more non sensical. Corn Pop? Getting appointed to the Naval Academy? Let's be honest with ourselves...our President lives in a world he's making up and it's getting worse by the week. As bad as Reagan was at the end...Biden is already there NOW and he's still got two more years to go!
Going off the rails and White House people hustling to explain remarks was common to Donny, Barrack and Son-of-a- Bush, also. I don't regard it as something new. Bill guarded his speech better. Daddy Bush was gaff prone, but not particularly on speech. Ron could read a script with the best of them even in decline while in office, usually staying on scripted message, even then.

Going off the rails and White House people hustling to explain remarks was common to Donny, Barrack and Son-of-a- Bush, also. I don't regard it as something new. Bill guarded his speech better. Daddy Bush was gaff prone, but not particularly on speech. Ron could read a script with the best of them even in decline while in office, usually staying on scripted message, even then.
Come on, White...Trump and Biden are two completely different animals! Trump's problem was that he loved to get up on stage and just speak off the cuff for an hour or more. He said so many things and always had a problem with grandiose overstatements and THOSE statements are what his opponents would highlight and pick on!
Biden on the other hand is tightly controlled by his handlers. They want him reading off of a script from a teleprompter and will literally shut him down when he starts to go off that script because they know that what's going to come out of Joe's mouth at that point has the potential to be a huge gaffe!
Biden awful when he's doing public speaking. It's literally cringe inducing.

Come on, White...Trump and Biden are two completely different animals! Trump's problem was that he loved to get up on stage and just speak off the cuff for an hour or more. He said so many things and always had a problem with grandiose overstatements and THOSE statements are what his opponents would highlight and pick on!
Biden on the other hand is tightly controlled by his handlers. They want him reading off of a script from a teleprompter and will literally shut him down when he starts to go off that script because they know that what's going to come out of Joe's mouth at that point has the potential to be a huge gaffe!
Biden awful when he's doing public speaking. It's literally cringe inducing.
Same thing going on here, as with Donnie, just not as belligerently insulting or meant to inflame. Staff can never control a president's speech, though they have tried since the history of presidents.

Same thing going on here, as with Donnie, just not as belligerently insulting or meant to inflame. Staff can never control a president's speech, though they have tried since the history of presidents.
With all due respect, White...I've never seen a President so "controlled" by staff as Joe Biden is by his! I don't think he can function at this point. I think they tell him what to say because he doesn't really know what's going on around him at this point. He may have some lucid moments from time to time but by and large he's just going through the motions.

With all due respect, White...I've never seen a President so "controlled" by staff as Joe Biden is by his! I don't think he can function at this point. I think they tell him what to say because he doesn't really know what's going on around him at this point. He may have some lucid moments from time to time but by and large he's just going through the motions.
Don't worry bout respect. I'm just another dude, fellow observer, retired guy. Not worrying me much. More pissed about some of the policies and decisions of the administration he was voted to head up, than when people whether voter, partisans or independents spend actual time fretting over comments in passing, gaffs or speculating about mental state. The gaffs don't matter, some of the policies and official actions do.

Don't worry bout respect. I'm just another dude, fellow observer, retired guy. Not worrying me much. More pissed about some of the policies and decisions of the administration he was voted to head up, than when people whether voter, partisans or independents spend actual time fretting over comments in passing, gaffs or speculating about mental state. The gaffs don't matter, some of the policies and official actions do.
I agree with that whole heartedly, White! Just as I really didn't care about the personal stuff with Trump as long as his team gave us policies that made sense to me...I would happily put up with Joe Biden's weird Corn Pop stuff and Hunter's general sleaze if his team was giving us policies that worked. I'm not quite sure who's picking the people who are determining policy for this Administration but they seem to almost as mentally "challenged" as Joe is...without the dementia!

I agree with that whole heartedly, White! Just as I really didn't care about the personal stuff with Trump as long as his team gave us policies that made sense to me...I would happily put up with Joe Biden's weird Corn Pop stuff and Hunter's general sleaze if his team was giving us policies that worked. I'm not quite sure who's picking the people who are determining policy for this Administration but they seem to almost as mentally "challenged" as Joe is...without the dementia!
Whoever it is, if not Joe, he rightfully gets blamed for the crap, as he's the man in the office.

The Ukraine government is right NOT to divulge too much to the Americans.

It only makes sense that some American officials may pass the information on to the Russians.

There is no reason to believe that 100% of the Administration supports Ukraine.

Forum List

Back