Ukraine just pitched a very fitting punishment for Moscow's invasion

Well, when you find one of these "Good" religions, let me know. because most of them have given us inquisitions, crusades, holy wars, intolerance and superstition.
I missed this question, but there is a very good religion that was not formed until after the crusades, holy wars, etc. But if you regard the Bible as superstitious, most of the early churches in the colonies preached from the Bible and never participated in any holy war..

My ancestor who came over on the last known voyage to America the ship would ever complete belonged to this church, and from a history of its origins in America is as follows:

" The only Christian minister to sign the Declaration of Independence, was Reverend John Witherspoon, a Presbyterian." (common knowledge)​
And from the Wikipedia on the doings of this political man is as follows:​
"Politically active, Witherspoon was a delegate from New Jersey to the Second Continental Congress and a signatory to the July 4, 1776, Declaration of Independence. He was the only active clergyman and the only college president to sign the Declaration. Later, he signed the Articles of Confederation and supported ratification of the Constitution."​
I don't know if from 1619 when the Mayflower ship brought my ancestor to Plymouth Rock or if he in any way was related to Rev. John Witherspoon, through marriage five to ten generations later, but I do know that my grandfather's father was a Presbyterian circuit rider Presbyterian pastor in the Nacogdoches area, and granddad's brother, my uncle Paul Shurtleff, also took up the cloth and ministered in Des Moines for many years before retiring but also ministering in the warm state of Arizona or New Mexico, exactly where I don't know. The only time I got to talk to him was when I called him when he went into a nursing home there in behalf of our family for my ailing grandmother, and I couldn't quite understand what he said, except he seemed to be defending his faith in God and the Presbyterian Church. He was rather old and didn't know his brother had grandchildren. Oh, well. By that time I had grown to love my family's church and its influence through Rev. Witherspoon, to share the blessings of representives in church government just worked well for a church that had seven million members throughout the USA the year I graduated from high school.

Since you don't like me much, you might consider reconnecting with your own family's church if you can. Best wishes if you ever want to be free in your spirit if you can withstand the disciplines of the Christian faith that you fought when just a child. My grandmother washed my mouth out with soap right after I got a nice switching with a willow twig for saying a bad word, which I didn't know was a bad word, and since I was four years old, can't remember what my grandma said I said. I still loved her and grandpa throughout my childhood, and getting a spanking that left red whelps on my leg for a few hours did not destroy my faith in God as it developed when I was dutifully taken to church services in our family's church, wherever we went as a military family.

May God bless you, keep you, and help you be glad that he loves you, even when you make mistakes whether spoken or otherwise. And he will love you as he loves us all, until the day we pass on to the next life. I pray that you will change your mind and open a Good Book that convinces you that living in the discipline of rightness and goodness being God's traits, and that he forgives errors when you take the good book seriously, especially about how all is forgiven when you cast your burdens upon the Lord and find out that he truly sustains you in times of sorrow as well as in good times. Hopefully, you have a guy friend who can help you forgive childhood disciplines and see the light that comes from the beautiful heart of a loving God who made us all and the earth we live on.

Normally I would be full of contempt and vitriol towards JoeB131 and his behavior...
This morning I feel sorry for ole joe... Thoughts and prayers for ole joe as he is on the wrong side of history once again...

Joe blow is ALWAYS on the wrong side of history. He's a damned fascist.

Kick Russia off the security council, make them reapply

if the UN wants to be considered legit on the world stage they need to do this
I think the powers that be will be more respectful of the Ukraine as a sovereign nation in the very near future thanks to their brave President who ralled the warriors of the nation to fight back and to fight well. I understand they did that, but Putin is still going at him. Since he is smart, he might consider that every European nation is rallying in favor of the Ukraine and its president who joined those fighting them off when he wasn't speaking in behalf of the Ukrainian people who are all under siege in Kiev, and none of us knows how things will go.

Every European nation is rallying with hundreds of thousands of Europeans rallying with protests against Putin and with love for the besieged Ukrainian civilians and their defenders as we speak. Prayers up for the Ukrainian people and their war with a madman.

Don't you mean that Biden is giving himself enough rope to hang himself not putin. Obviously Biden didn't plan on helping Ukraine and was hoping that Ukraine would just roll over so PUtin could quickly take over and silence any dissent. But it didn't work out that way---the Ukrainians are fighting back prolonging the battle giving the rest of Europe's pussy countries a chance to realize that they are NEXT. Send troops to help Ukraine now, or fight on your own lands next. They can't wait behind the US and our corrupt inept paid off puppet Biden.

Biden is Chinas puppet...they need a quick Russian take over of Ukraine so they would have the green light for their shopping list of countries. Seems people everywhere are starting to get pissed off at the globalist communists.

Wow, It's fun to watch you all cheer for Putin and stuff... but kind of sad.

The Ukranians are doing about as well as Pee-wee Herman in a match against Mike Tyson.

You caused the nuns who were your guardian angels so much angst with your mouth they had to resort to some kind of reminder to you that you had the responsibility of speaking with a little more respect to other people, but instead of respecting their judgment to help you, you took a bat and treated their wisdom with a home run to hades. I

Actually, they were a bunch of frustrated, self-hating lesbians who took their anger out on children.

The nice thing about the gay rights movement... these women aren't joining Holy Orders and everyone is better off for it.

I missed this question, but there is a very good religion that was not formed until after the crusades, holy wars, etc. But if you regard the Bible as superstitious, most of the early churches in the colonies preached from the Bible and never participated in any holy war..

These people also shit in chamber pots, thought bleeding was a valid medical treatment and shot mercury up their dicks when they caught VD.

Forum List

Back