Ukraine is not all about you.

This is a great article, and this here is so true:

I’m not suggesting that we return to the days of cold baths and lard sandwiches. But I do believe that the current emphasis on feelings above all means that we are becoming less resilient than we might otherwise be. And though coddling people may make them feel better in the short term, in the long run it will lead them to have worse lives than if they had been encouraged to toughen up a bit.

Is manifestly true. All this emphasis on "wellness" has, in many cases, made people entirely self-absorbed and thus, a lot less "well". Every world even is now spun through the filter of how it makes people FEEL. It's pathetic
Are you convinced that this is about how people " feel"? I haven't run into that.

Are you convinced that this is about how people " feel"? I haven't run into that.

This is how Americans process events now. Not through the prism of history or even right or wrong, but how it impacts their "mental health" or "wellness".

I know it's a pithy saying but also true: I'm Gen X so I just wasn't raised that way. And though we got some things wrong surely, we got a lot of things right too. This "mental wellness" train we're all riding is not on a great journey.

nw419b1z71gz_edited.jpg

"Biden shakes hands with Ukrainian fascist leader, Oleh Yaroslavovych Tyahnybok, in Kiev, Ukraine, April 22, 2014."

MintPress Study: NY Times, Washington Post Driving U.S. to War with Russia Over Ukraine

"The U.S. has been extremely active in Ukraine’s domestic affairs, as Russian-American journalist Yasha Levine has highlighted, forcing the government to hike gas prices and raise taxes on alcohol and cigarettes.

"It has also bankrolled NGOs and local media outlets and threatened to jail Ukrainian oligarchs if further American demands were not met.

"Washington’s role in the 2013-2014 Maidan Revolution, however, is the clearest example of American interference.

"Trying to play the two blocs off against each other,
Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych negotiated with both the European Union and with Russia on trade deals at the same time.

"In the end, he chose the superior Russian offer. Instead of accepting defeat, however, the West immediately began organizing a coup, funding and supporting street protests across the country.

"Senior U.S. officials like Senator John McCain and Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland flew to Ukraine to lead the demonstrations, the latter even famously handing out cookies to protestors in Independence Square in Kiev. Yanukovych was eventually overthrown in February 2014."

Biden's alleged "rules based order" is one where the US makes the rules and uses neo-Nazi thugs to attack those who disobey; it only works as long as the US dollar remains a global reserve currency.

Forum List

Back