Ukraine Has Lost the War

Donald H

Platinum Member
Nov 26, 2020

Retired US Marines Colonel Richard Black lays out in detail many reasons why the Ukraine has lost the war. But then provides an ominous warning that it could become a nuclear conflict leading to disaster for the world.

I don't mind saying that he's making the exact same points myself and so many others have been making on the trumped up propaganda coming out of America.

This is a voice of authority and deep knowledge on the issues he examines.

This is also a source of numerous points worthy of discussion, but shouldn't be viewed as an invitation for an armchair war on this forum.

I don't think of Ukraine as being purely innocent in this war BUT, they did not try to invade Russia and did not deserve this horror that Russia has visited on them. To simply accept Russia's actions is to invite worse depredations in the future. Russia must continue to pay long-term costs, military or economic, to drive home the message that they cannot unilaterally dictate to the world without pain.

There are some stands you have to take regardless of risk. Opposing an expansionist Russia is one of them. First Russia took Crimea and got away with it by faking a plebiscite that violated Ukranian law. Then it openly invaded Georgia and took Ossetia by military force. Then it went back to Ukraine and tried for the entire country and only failed because of half-hearted western opposition. Having lost that, Russia is now trying to conquer a land bridge to occupied Crimea. While threatening to invade the Baltic’s, Poland and Finland for daring to join NATO for protection.

Russia fires 50,000 shells a day, ten times that of the Ukraine.
Ukraine loses 6000 soldiers a month.
Casualty rate 60 times greater than the US suffered in Vietnam.
Questions on how much territory should Ukraine lose.
Ruble has surged ahead and is strongest of all curriencies.
Biden's attempt to strangle russian trade has failed. Russia's trade surplus has doubled.
Independent countries are refusing US demands on Russia.
Putin has increased his popularity to 83% while Boris is resigning......
Several lies in US propaganda are debunked as lies (ghost of Kiev)
Snake Island defenders surrendered instead of dying in a fight.
Ukraine's use of concocted stories.
The world must come to grips with reality: The war is lost.
Nuclear war still threatens.

A sampling of some of the points he's making. And there's much more factual information.

He doesn't know what "lost" means, as the fight continues. This is especially true in the aftermath in which Russia has to hold the territory.

The world is a complicated place but this war surely was avoidable. Whatever the outcome, Putin knows it will rest on his shoulders just as the wars in the M.E rest on GWBs.

Last edited:
I don't think of Ukraine as being purely innocent in this war BUT, they did not try to invade Russia and did not deserve this horror that Russia has visited on them. To simply accept Russia's actions is to invite worse depredations in the future. Russia must continue to pay long-term costs, military or economic, to drive home the message that they cannot unilaterally dictate to the world without pain.
The Colonel has covered your talking points too. These are his opinions, not mine, even though I can claim credit for most of the same opinions.

There are some stands you have to take regardless of risk. Opposing an expansionist Russia is one of them. First Russia took Crimea and got away with it by faking a plebiscite that violated Ukranian law. Then it openly invaded Georgia and took Ossetia by military force. Then it went back to Ukraine and tried for the entire country and only failed because of half-hearted western opposition. Having lost that, Russia is now trying to conquer a land bridge to occupied Crimea. While threatening to invade the Baltic’s, Poland and Finland for daring to join NATO for protection.
America has shown the way the world works with it's continuous wars. But your objections are not directed at the topic as laid out in the link. See my list for an incomplete sampling.

He doesn't know what "lost" means, as the fight continues. This is especially true in the aftermath in which Russia has to hold the territory.

The world is a complicated place but this war surely was avoidable. Whatever the outcome, Putin knows it will rest on his shoulders just as the wars in the M.E rest on GWBs.
Russia, through courageous leadership of Putin is confident in the need to stop US/Nato aggression toward Russia's borders.

You need to try to address some of the many valid points being made by a man who understands what he's talking about.

Also, refer back to Scott Ritter who made some of the same points months ago. Neither of these two are authorities you need to shun. It's no reflection on your personal issues.

Retired US Marines Colonel Richard Black lays out in detail many reasons why the Ukraine has lost the war. But then provides an ominous warning that it could become a nuclear conflict leading to disaster for the world.

I don't mind saying that he's making the exact same points myself and so many others have been making on the trumped up propaganda coming out of America.

This is also a source of numerous points worthy of discussion, but shouldn't be viewed as an invitation for an armchair war on this forum.

He is making clear why he was passed over for general.

He is making clear why he was passed over for general.
He is indeed, considering that he isn't willing to swallow the propaganda lies and fabrications on the Ukraine bravely winning the war.

Do you have any points to address from the link? Would you say that he's politically motivated and biased.
Or has he zeroed in on the facts and the truths.

Fwiw, I can only disagree with him on his optimism. America is not going to be willing to lose this war so quickly.

But America is faced with the fact that the Ukrainians aren't going to be willing to be America's cannon fodder forever.

He also mentions how many millions of Ukrainians have been eliminated from the population.
I can't debate the issues with you if you refuse to be informed of the truth.

Holding the territory isn't as hard as you might think. Attacks on conquered territory will result in attacks on Kiev or Ukrainian infrastructure until said attacks cease. You can't play the long insurgency game with a country like Russia if you are Ukraine. The Russians can cripple Ukraine for as long as it takes.

Dick Black is a Putin stooge. He regularly appears on RT.

Ukraine loses 6000 soldiers a month.
Russia is losing about the same. They lost more in the first month than they lost in their 20 year occupation of Afghanistan.

Russia's military deaths in Vladimir Putin's ongoing war have surpassed 36,000, Ukraine's armed forces said Monday, as Moscow claimed a major victory after appearing to take control of the Luhansk region.

Ukrainian officials regularly provide updates on Russian military losses. The general staff of the armed forces of Ukraine said on Facebook that since Putin's war began on February 24, Russia has lost 36,200 military personnel.

Putin has also lost 1,589 tanks, 3,754 armored combat vehicles, 804 artillery systems, 246 multiple rocket launchers, 105 air defense systems, 217 aircraft, 658 operational-tactical UAVs, 15 warships, 2,629 vehicles and tankers, and 187 helicopters, according to Ukraine's combat losses update.

Dick Black is a Putin stooge. He regularly appears on RT.
Being a Putin stooge is now the equivalent of being an American who refuses to swallow the propaganda lies that are meant to ensure that Zelensky can remain faithful to the slaughter of his people.

Comments here on this thread are nothing but sour grapes unless his talking points and facts are challenged. Nobody has even attempted to do that yet.

Being a Putin stooge is now the equivalent of being an American who refuses to swallow the propaganda lies that are meant to ensure that Zelensky can remain faithful to the slaughter of his people.

Comments here on this thread are nothing but sour grapes unless his talking points and facts are challenged. Nobody has even attempted to do that yet.
How...ironic.

RT is Putin's propaganda outlet, dumbass. Why are you swallowing their piss?

Don't be a useful idiot.

Russia is losing about the same. They lost more in the first month than they lost in their 20 year occupation of Afghanistan.
Russia's losses are up to questioning, but the Colonel does cover that point as in the early stages of the war. Another source of information is Scott Ritter who disputes the claims on Russia's losses. It needs more investigating.
But it still detracts from facing up to the Colonel's evidence and valid claims.

Russia's losses are up to questioning, but the Colonel does cover that point as in the early stages of the war. Another source of information is Scott Ritter who disputes the claims on Russia's losses. It needs more investigating.
But it still detracts from facing up to the Colonel's evidence and valid claims.
Ritter is another Putin stooge.

He's also a convicted child sex offender.

How...ironic.

RT is Putin's propaganda outlet, dumbass. Why are you swallowing their piss?

Don't be a useful idiot.
See my post #5 for a partial list of his talking points. Dispute anything he says specifically. Take control over your rage that has caused you to become crazed with profane spamming of the topic.

New Topics

Forum List

Back