Ukraine, China and Russia

I do not support any action in Ukraine.
There is still hope that deft international diplomacy can avoid a bloodbath and/or a costly quagmire.

Fiona Hill says the US looks weak to Putin
after 4 years of Trump's 'disastrous presidency,'
and it helps explain the Ukraine crisis

Ukraine crisis talks move to Moscow and Washington

Biden, Germany's Scholz to stress unified front against
any Russian aggression toward Ukraine

Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 11.48.08 AM.png

Biden warns Russia of 'swift and severe consequences' if they
'walk away' from diplomacy and attack Ukraine

Trump’s Cheerleaders Forget How Weak He Was With Putin

Biden admin condemns North Korea missile launch,
seeks 'serious and sustained diplomacy' with DPRK

Trump waxed rhapsodic about his relationship with Kim,

told a West Virginia rally in 2018: "We fell in love!"

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 8.57.34 AM.png

NATIONAL REVIEW

NATIONAL REVIEW

OGC.gif

Who really cares. Let those European warmongers eat each other alive.! They have dragged the United States into two world wars!! Why is Biden, and many Americans so concerned? Let Russia gobble up Ukraine. America must stop getting involved with all those European warmonger conflicts.!!

As I have posted, America has unwittingly or otherwise created the monster that is China. That started with Nixon and just kept on going through GOP and DEM administrations for decades. It may be that our economic entanglements are too strong for our leaders to do anything to stop China's rise. If the Yuan replaces the dollar as the world's reserve currency, we're fukked.
To be fair, Nixon had Cold War reasons to open up with China. Previously we thought China was a Soviet puppet, when in fact they were not. The realization that global communist revolutions were not all under Soviet control changed things. China became the monster it is by watching and learning from the Soviet fall. Their current forays into capitalism are not to change their society, but to bolster their global position, it was money that toppled the Soviets, that option isn't available with China now.

I'm not so much worried about the total chaos our enemies could cause us here in the US, as I am worried about what the total breakdown of society could do. People are on edge. Russia and China is not going to set foot in this country. Whatever chaos happens is going to be internal: People who are living on the edge, relying on government subsistence from day to day. If our financial infrastructure or power grids were attacked, it would only be a matter of days before all hell breaks loose. Don't be fooled into thinking Russian and China doesn't have the capability to hurt us in way we've never been hurt. They've been practicing at it, as was evident when they hacked that gas or oil pipeline a few months ago. Arm yourself, prepare for the worst, and keep your head on a swivel. I know this sounds extreme, but these are unprecedented times we live in.
Why are America and the rest of the world just putting up with it?
Why are they not hacking things in China and Russia?
Maybe US and the rest don't have the know-how, and can't do it.
The world just selling off their everything to China in the name
"investment" is total lunacy.

Why are America and the rest of the world just putting up with it?
Why are they not hacking things in China and Russia?
Maybe US and the rest don't have the know-how, and can't do it.
The world just selling off their everything to China in the name
"investment" is total lunacy.

We probably do our share of hacking other country's digital infrastructure. We just never hear about it.

It is by Yeates, written after WW1, when the world was still coping with the massive casualties and the Spanish Flu was leveling those who remained. It was a time that saw the disintegration of vast empires that had defined the rules and norms by which nations co-exhisted, the Ottomans, the British, the Russians Among others.

I am wondering if we are now at the cusp of another such turning of the page of history and changing of the world order?

Consider these…
This is exactly the turning point we are at. Until the first war after the defeat of Napoleon, the world was right-wing and the dominant force was Austria-Hungary. It was the world of romance in the development of science and art, the golden age of Europe. But then the left pan-Germanists came and broke everything. They infiltrated empires like parasites and corrupted everything from within.

Exactly the same left coup is going on now.

New Topics

Forum List

Back