UK Covid: Mum's 'heartbreaking' death next to daughter in hospital

Oz and the Orchestra

Platinum Member
May 25, 2020
Lake District England

Maria and Anabel in hospital
IMAGE COPYRIGHTANABEL SHARMA
image captionMaria Rico and her daughter Anabel Sharma were both admitted to Leicester Royal Infirmary on the same day
A woman who watched her mother die next to her in hospital after they both caught Covid-19 has pleaded with people to follow precautions.
Maria Rico, 76, from Leicestershire, removed her oxygen mask to speak to her two daughters one final time - despite knowing this would hasten her death.
Anabel Sharma described the moment as "heartbreaking" but said she was glad her mother did not die alone.
She has released their final photograph to raise awareness of the virus.
'Comfort'
Mrs Sharma, from Whitwick, said her mother had died about half-an-hour after her mask was taken off.
"My mum asked them to take her mask off and they said, 'Once we take this off, that will be it. You won't have very long'.
"She said, 'Yes, I know that but I've had enough'," said Mrs Sharma, 49.
"We had about five minutes with her when she was able to speak, then she lost consciousness.
"She told us she wasn't afraid to die, that she was ready. She told me I had to fight hard because I had the children at home."
Anabel and Maria
image captionMaria Rico lived with her daughter, son-in-law and three grandsons
Mrs Sharma's sister, Susana, was also allowed to be present while wearing personal protective equipment.
"We held her hand until her very last breath," she added.
"It brings me comfort to know that we were able to be with her and I know it brought my mum comfort as well."
Mrs Rico lived in the same house as Mrs Sharma and her husband and three sons, Noah, 10, Isaac, 12, and Jacob, 22.
Mrs Sharma said she believed one of her sons caught coronavirus at school and it then "ravaged through" the family at a "frightening" speed.
"I would ask people to follow all the precautions and think of others," she said.

Mrs Sharma also said she doesn't think she will ever fully recover. She used to be a very active Thai Kickboxer but the virus has caused permanent damage to her lungs. She also said that she wished she could go back and take it more seriously.

Yet we still, despite these case studies, have these idiot death promoting wankbrains who claim Covid is a hoax.

Lock em up!

Oz

image captionMaria Rico and her daughter Anabel Sharma were both admitted to Leicester Royal Infirmary on the same day
A woman who watched her mother die next to her in hospital after they both caught Covid-19 has pleaded with people to follow precautions.
Maria Rico, 76, from Leicestershire, removed her oxygen mask to speak to her two daughters one final time - despite knowing this would hasten her death.
Anabel Sharma described the moment as "heartbreaking" but said she was glad her mother did not die alone.
'Comfort'
Mrs Sharma, from Whitwick, said her mother had died about half-an-hour after her mask was taken off.
"My mum asked them to take her mask off and they said, 'Once we take this off, that will be it. You won't have very long'.
"We had about five minutes with her when she was able to speak, then she lost consciousness.
"She told us she wasn't afraid to die, that she was ready. She told me I had to fight hard because I had the children at home."
Anabel and Maria
Mrs Sharma's sister, Susana, was also allowed to be present while wearing personal protective equipment.
"It brings me comfort to know that we were able to be with her and I know it brought my mum comfort as well."
Mrs Rico lived in the same house as Mrs Sharma and her husband and three sons, Noah, 10, Isaac, 12, and Jacob, 22.
Mrs Sharma said she believed one of her sons caught coronavirus at school and it then "ravaged through" the family at a "frightening" speed.
"I would ask people to follow all the precautions and think of others," she said.

Mrs Sharma also said she doesn't think she will ever fully recover. She used to be a very active Thai Kickboxer but the virus has caused permanent damage to her lungs. She also said that she wished she could go back and take it more seriously.

Yet we still, despite these case studies, have these idiot death promoting wankbrains who claim Covid is a hoax.

Lock em up!

Oz
That's so sad.

'Comfort'
Anabel and Maria

Lock em up!

Oz
That's so sad.
Are you being sarcastic?

'Comfort'
Anabel and Maria

Lock em up!

Oz
That's so sad.
Are you being sarcastic?
Of course not.

Sad story, the virus is nothing to be messed with. It beats the hell out of you and wears you out. Sorry for the daughter's loss.

I feel sorry for their family, but people always regret when it's too late. They could have let their kid stay home and not go to school as they all are living with their grandparents.

'Comfort'
Anabel and Maria

Lock em up!

Oz
Dear Oz and the Orchestra
You had my support up until the "lock em up" which causes more rejection in a vicious cycle. The whole reason people distrust precautions is when the motivation is combined, confused or fueled by fear of controlling or blaming PEOPLE or GROUPS instead of focusing on the medical problems and solutions purely on the virus.

Continuing to politicize this hurts the very cause you seek to help.

If you remove that one factor, that makes a huge difference in how your information is received.

This is like Christianity.
The more you FORCE religion or judge people if they don't understand, agree or follow it, this judging forcing and blame makes people reject it more.

The only way I've ever seen people understand or agree to adopt Christian practice is by free choice and by forgiveness and love, NEVER by forcing it.

If you wouldn't demand to "lock someone up" for not agreeing to Christian spiritual healing that saves lives, then I would not take that approach with this virus or vaccine.

The most I recommend is to reorganize districts so people can access and support the health policies they believe in. Without endangering or conflicting with other people's policies and health either.

We can't force people to change their minds about what we believe or don't believe. Neither God nor Govt can force someone to believe otherwise, which remains their choice by free will and reason.

But we CAN agree to separate resources and govern districts by our own democratically managed policies.

This will also help with
* isolating risks so outbreaks can be locally contained and treated without shutting down whole cities, states or economy
* research on testing and tracking different treatments and strains, instead of large populations mixing data where reasons for reactions can't follow patterns we can isolate in controlled groups
* mistakes that fail or solutions that work can be identified faster, and problems corrected, so if one region has a crisis, this will stand out and others can step in and help. Instead of all regions under crisis at once, unable to prioritize and manage enough to help each other.

We need to coordinate solutions, not fight to dominate and control politically.

Threats like yours make the problem worse. We need to do better than this!

'Comfort'
Anabel and Maria

Lock em up!

Oz
Dear Oz and the Orchestra
You had my support up until the "lock em up" which causes more rejection in a vicious cycle. The whole reason people distrust precautions is when the motivation is combined, confused or fueled by fear of controlling or blaming PEOPLE or GROUPS instead of focusing on the medical problems and solutions purely on the virus.

Continuing to politicize this hurts the very cause you seek to help.

If you remove that one factor, that makes a huge difference in how your information is received.

This is like Christianity.
The more you FORCE religion or judge people if they don't understand, agree or follow it, this judging forcing and blame makes people reject it more.

The only way I've ever seen people understand or agree to adopt Christian practice is by free choice and by forgiveness and love, NEVER by forcing it.

If you wouldn't demand to "lock someone up" for not agreeing to Christian spiritual healing that saves lives, then I would not take that approach with this virus or vaccine.

The most I recommend is to reorganize districts so people can access and support the health policies they believe in. Without endangering or conflicting with other people's policies and health either.

We can't force people to change their minds about what we believe or don't believe. Neither God nor Govt can force someone to believe otherwise, which remains their choice by free will and reason.

But we CAN agree to separate resources and govern districts by our own democratically managed policies.

This will also help with
* isolating risks so outbreaks can be locally contained and treated without shutting down whole cities, states or economy
* research on testing and tracking different treatments and strains, instead of large populations mixing data where reasons for reactions can't follow patterns we can isolate in controlled groups
* mistakes that fail or solutions that work can be identified faster, and problems corrected, so if one region has a crisis, this will stand out and others can step in and help. Instead of all regions under crisis at once, unable to prioritize and manage enough to help each other.

We need to coordinate solutions, not fight to dominate and control politically.

Threats like yours make the problem worse. We need to do better than this!
Yes, you are right of course. I wrote that on the 6th of Jan when the UK entered its second lockdown and made that statement through pure frustration. Trying to force people to do anything just makes them dig in their heals and a better way is as you said to try to explain it is in their interests to go along with it even if you have to make several attempts. So thanks for pointing it out!

Forum List

Back