U.S. Supply-Chain Pressures Soar to a Record, Index Shows

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Is anyone else still seeing shortages? I'm still seeing sporadic empty shelves at the Walmart here in town. The worst one seems to be in the pasta aisle. I've been paying attention to this for the last month. Every time I go to Walmart, this is what I see:

pasta1.jpg

pasta2.jpg

There 's also been an issue with the little store up the highway a few miles from here. Their oven broke down a month ago, so they ordered a blower motor. It took three weeks for the motor to arrive, then it turned out to be the wrong part.

Thanks Joe Biden.

U.S. Supply-Chain Pressures Soar to a Record, Index Shows

"A measure of U.S. supply-chain pressures rose to a record, adding to already stiff inflationary headwinds from logistics amid dwindling warehouse space and unprecedented inventory costs.

The Logistics Managers’ Index, released Tuesday, advanced for a third straight month in March, reaching 76.2 from 75.2 in February. The monthly survey, released by Colorado State University and affiliated with four other American universities, asks logistics managers about inventories, warehousing and transportation.

“Continued inventory congestion has driven inventory costs, warehousing prices, and overall aggregate logistics costs to all-time high levels,” the report stated. “This is putting even more pressure on already-constrained capacity.”

Inventory levels dipped to 75.7 from February’s high of 80.2, though their costs rose to a record 91, according to the report. Warehouse capacity suffered a “a rather precipitous drop” in March, pushing prices for storage space to an all-time peak of 90.5.

The report highlighted crosscurrents buffeting the U.S. economy, where accelerating inflation threatens to hurt consumer demand. Firms that boosted stockpiles during two years of pandemic-driven supply uncertainty, meanwhile, are trying to assess whether they’ve overbought or whether the added cushion is a more permanent feature.

Inventory costs “are anticipated to remain very high throughout the next 12 months,” according to the report. Some respondents “expect to hold a lot of inventory in the next year, and to pay a significant amount to do so.”

U.S. Supply-Chain Pressures Soar to a Record, Index Shows - ZubuBrothers

Small price to pay to rid us of these animals. Thankfully this is going to get a lot worse

Pasta is cheap relatively and has a long storage life so that makes sense

You been noticing a shortage of road kill down your way like I have?

Small price to pay to rid us of these animals. Thankfully this is going to get a lot worse

Pasta is cheap relatively and has a long storage life so that makes sense

You been noticing a shortage of road kill down your way like I have?

A shortage of road kill is one thing we don't have. I can drive from here to town and see a dead deer at least once every mile. Some highways you'll see one every thousand yards.

I guess the hunters got their fill last season and don't have room in the freezer.

Is anyone else still seeing shortages? I'm still seeing sporadic empty shelves at the Walmart here in town. The worst one seems to be in the pasta aisle. I've been paying attention to this for the last month. Every time I go to Walmart, this is what I see:

Our pasta aisle was a bit low this past weekend now that you mention it. First time I have noticed it but we do not buy a lot of pasta since the wife got me a pasta roller attachment for the Kitchen Aid a few years back. Now I make my own and it is about 1000 times better than what you can buy in the store.

Thanks Joe Biden

What should the Fed Govt be doing to fix this problem?

Our pasta aisle was a bit low this past weekend now that you mention it. First time I have noticed it but we do not buy a lot of pasta since the wife got me a pasta roller attachment for the Kitchen Aid a few years back. Now I make my own and it is about 1000 times better than what you can buy in the store.

What should the Fed Govt be doing to fix this problem?

How about they stop doing whatever they're doing that's causing the problem? Same thing with oil and inflation.

A shortage of road kill is one thing we don't have. I can drive from here to town and see a dead deer at least once every mile. Some highways you'll see one every thousand yards.

I guess the hunters got their fill last season and don't have room in the freezer.
Ditto in SE South Dakota. I really wondered why no one was picking them up and just letting the coyotes have their fill.

Ditto in SE South Dakota. I really wondered why no one was picking them up and just letting the coyotes have their fill.

Wildlife management has just resulted in too many deer. After wrecking a car and then totaling the same car, I'm not fond of the little bastards. They're pretty animals and I'd eat one if I had to, but have never been crazy about the taste of them.

Now coyotes suck. I'd shoot every one of them if I could.

Wildlife management has just resulted in too many deer. After wrecking a car and then totaling the same car, I'm not fond of the little bastards. They're pretty animals and I'd eat one if I had to, but have never been crazy about the taste of them.

Now coyotes suck. I'd shoot every one of them if I could.
I dislike the taste of deer as well. I'd like to find out if there's a bounty on coyote here. They come in our yards all the time -- saw a ton of tracks of both in the snow.

I dislike the taste of deer as well. I'd like to find out if there's a bounty on coyote here. They come in our yards all the time -- saw a ton of tracks of both in the snow.

They're difficult to hunt without a night-vision scope, which runs $300 - $500. I just can't see myself sitting out in a duck blind at 3 in the morning, trying to call them close enough for a good shot.

I still see them every now and again. If I am not seeing them at the grocery stores, I see them at the dollar stores instead.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back