U.S.S.R, err, I mean, U.S. maintaining SECRET prisons

SpidermanTuba

Rookie
May 7, 2004
New Orleans, Louisiana
The President today admited that the U.S. maintains SECRET PRISONS where "alternative" interrogation tactics are used.

Secret prisons, warrantless searches, revocations of citizenship w/o due process, "alternative interrogation techniques" - WHAT F'ING COUNTRY DOES THIS SOUND LIKE TO YOU?

The President today admited that the U.S. maintains SECRET PRISONS where "alternative" interrogation tactics are used.

Secret prisons, warrantless searches, revocations of citizenship w/o due process, "alternative interrogation techniques" - WHAT F'ING COUNTRY DOES THIS SOUND LIKE TO YOU?

Too bad you aren't in one. That alone would justify its existence.

you know you might get better response if you actually backed up your claims. whats your source for these secret prisons? And if they are so secret why do you know about them?

:link: Do they not teach evidentiary research at LSU?

It sounds to me like a country that needs fewer conspiracy theorist doomsayers. Tell me, Spidey, what have you been taking recently, cause I want some.

Secret Prisons - ZOMG, SECERTS R TEH BAD!!!1111!!!!!ONE!! BLAM TEH BUHS CUZ HES A DUMAS AND TRATER!!!!!!! It's kinda hard to break a friend out of a secret prison, comprende?

Alternative interrogation - Doesn't mean torture. Maybe it's unsavory, but until I know what he means by 'alternative,' I'm not inclined to assume the worst.

Revocation of Citizenship - I never saw where there was no due process. Being seen in combat operations against the United States military on foreign soil constitutes an automatic revocation of citizenship, as it's an act of war.

Like we didn't know there were secret prisons anyways ya know? And shit, I support any way of interrogation just as long as it's gettin the information out of the fucking scumbag terrorist.

That would NEVER happen if John F-ing Kerry were president!

Of course, the Empire State Building would be gone because of the latest string of terrorist bombings, but hey! We'd be free people!

Of course, the Dow Jones Industrial Average would be losing 1000 points a week because the world felt that American wasn't a safe place to invest any longer, but hey! Michael Moore would be happy!

Of course, if you used a plane to go anywhere, there would be a significant chance that you wouldn't arrive at your destination, but hey! Secretary of Defense (actually she would be Secretary of Peace) Cindy Shehan will be on the case!

Of course, half of the country would be under Sharia Law, but hey! We will be open minded and tolerant!

Of course, the United Nations will be running the country and people will be living in perpetual fear, but hey! We will all know that would be George Bush's fault.

Yes sir, what a great place America would be if John F-ing Kerry were president and Spiderman Tubapants were his advisor!

I am betting it wont be long before the EU is screaming about international courts and all that. The libs will be right there with them and behind both will be a bunch of laughing terrorists.

Assuming for a moment that this is true (I surely hope that it is), can you name any US citizens that are in these prisons? Or are you attempting to claim Constitutional rights on foreign enemies?

Or, if it is Geneva Convention issues you are concerned with, can you cite a clause where we must advertise the location of a prison?

Sounds to me like a country that was attacked and is currently at war. I wish they'd open up torture centers and let all the terrorist assholes know that we WILL torture the hell of them. :whip:

Once again though, I see another rabid liberal post only complaining about how things are done, and not showing us a better way. What is your solution to the problem Tuba? Give international terrorists every right US citizens have, and watch them get off the hook in civilian courts with million dollar lawyers?

Whose side are you on ? :poke:

Secret Prisons - ZOMG, SECERTS R TEH BAD!!!1111!!!!!ONE!! BLAM TEH BUHS CUZ HES A DUMAS AND TRATER!!!!!!! It's kinda hard to break a friend out of a secret prison, comprende?

Oh, right, that's right, I forgot, Guantanamo Bay is a real easy place to stage a prison break. And U.S. Federal prisons - heck, people escape from those all the time!!!

Alternative interrogation - Doesn't mean torture. Maybe it's unsavory, but until I know what he means by 'alternative,' I'm not inclined to assume the worst.

:confused: Alright, if you're that big of a sucker, guess there's nothing I can do about it.

Revocation of Citizenship - I never saw where there was no due process.
Except for those two American citizens the FBI is refusing to admit back into the country - with absolutely no judicial oversight whatsoever.

Being seen in combat operations against the United States military on foreign soil constitutes an automatic revocation of citizenship, as it's an act of war.
Are you sure about that? Because I doubt it, I'd like to see that law. John Walker Linhd (sp?) was captured on the battledfield taking up arms against his fellow U.S. citizens and we flew him back here and gave him all the rights due a U.S. citizen. Hell the guy wasn't even convicted on treason - and there was plenty enough evidence for it! Why is that? Because he was white you think?

Or did we give him a trial bc it was such a slam dunk after we tortured him into confessing?

That would NEVER happen if John F-ing Kerry were president!

Of course, the Empire State Building would be gone because of the latest string of terrorist bombings, but hey! We'd be free people!

Of course, the Dow Jones Industrial Average would be losing 1000 points a week because the world felt that American wasn't a safe place to invest any longer, but hey! Michael Moore would be happy!

Of course, if you used a plane to go anywhere, there would be a significant chance that you wouldn't arrive at your destination, but hey! Secretary of Defense (actually she would be Secretary of Peace) Cindy Shehan will be on the case!

Of course, half of the country would be under Sharia Law, but hey! We will be open minded and tolerant!

Of course, the United Nations will be running the country and people will be living in perpetual fear, but hey! We will all know that would be George Bush's fault.

Yes sir, what a great place America would be if John F-ing Kerry were president and Spiderman Tubapants were his advisor!

"would be" living in perpetual fear?

Sounds like you already are.

Assuming for a moment that this is true (I surely hope that it is), can you name any US citizens that are in these prisons? Or are you attempting to claim Constitutional rights on foreign enemies?

Or, if it is Geneva Convention issues you are concerned with, can you cite a clause where we must advertise the location of a prison?

If you would kindly read over the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution you'll see that the Constitution and ANY RATIFIED TREATY are laws which SUPERCEDE ALL OTHER LAWS, federal, state, and local.

And considering Bush has supposedly agreed to adhere to our treaty obligations, it would be nice if he actually did.

Can you name a verifiable method of determining whether or not U.S. citizens are being held in these prisons?

The never of An American citizen comparing the United States of America to the USSR......
Maybe you should move there to get a real good feel for it...
:banned:
:suck:

"would be" living in perpetual fear?

Sounds like you already are.
I meant living in perpetual fear in the sense that, if the government followed the advice of people like you, the United States and its interests would be under constant attack. If we followed the advice of the Left, we wouldn't be remembering the attacks of 9/11 only, but many others.

There is a difference between living in fear because of real threats, e.g. Al Queda and Islamofascists, and being afraid of the monster in your closet or under your bed.

I feel safe, thanks to the Patriot Act and the actions of the Bush Administration, I carry on my normal activities (including work at a defense plant).

Frankly, I pity the poor fool the government sent to monitor my phone calls, my internet traffic, and my life in general. The poor sucker would be so bored, he or she would have to resort to knitting or stamp collecting to pass the time. In short, I don't believe the government has the means, the manpower or the budget to eavesdrop on little ol' me, or you, for that matter.

On the other hand, you're comparing the United States to a Communist dictatorship. It's also liberals like you that are coming up with the conspiracy theory du juor including, but not limited to, the Valerie Plame Affair (more accurately, non-affair).

Since actions speak louder than words, I contend that you are the one living in perpetual fear, not me.

Actually, I can't blame you. It's the liberal leadership that, in its insatiable lust for more power, has resorted to fear mongering in order to regain the reigns of power in government. You are just a poor soul that were snookered into believing them. But don't worry, we're here to help you.

It is bothersome when Bush makes a speech about eliminating the ability to have an anonymous email account, but we still will not profile the ACTUAL ENEMY at security points. If we're going to fight terror we must decouple the fight from political correctness, or abandon it all together, because the way we're going now THE PEOPLE ARE THE ENEMY OF THE STATE.

New Topics

Forum List

Back