U.S. Rents Hit Record High, Coinciding with Skyrocketing Mass Immigration

Rent skyrocketing, housing tanking, gas absurd, groceries through the roof.... Something is wrong

I think we're being pushed gradually into living in smaller and denser communities. Where they keep middle class and poor people in smaller areas and make them dependent on just laying rent.

It started in California where they started to get rid of single family zoning.

Now it's spreading.

Like where I live 10 years ago we were seeing new housing appearing with single family homes. The past 2 years I haven't seen a single house being built. But I see 4 seperate apartment complexes being built within a 6 mile radius of my house, 2 of which are quite large with at least 8 separate buildings. And I don't like it because 90% of all housing here my whole life has been houses. Now it's getting more crowded, more blacks and Mexicans are in the area and not the kind you want to live near. Traffic is noticeably worse as well.

Honestly I think the rich and elite people hate the middle class and don't want them to own anything.

I think we're being pushed gradually into living in smaller and denser communities. Where they keep middle class and poor people in smaller areas and make them dependent on just laying rent.

It started in California where they started to get rid of single family zoning.

Now it's spreading.

Like where I live 10 years ago we were seeing new housing appearing with single family homes. The past 2 years I haven't seen a single house being built. But I see 4 seperate apartment complexes being built within a 6 mile radius of my house, 2 of which are quite large with at least 8 separate buildings. And I don't like it because 90% of all housing here my whole life has been houses. Now it's getting more crowded, more blacks and Mexicans are in the area and not the kind you want to live near. Traffic is noticeably worse as well.

Honestly I think the rich and elite people hate the middle class and don't want them to own anything.

It actually starts from the top.

Funny how here in Metro Atlanta they are selling houses on a daily basis, everywhere you go there are new houses being built. Now someone is buying them.

Sure they are. A couple making 60K a year each can afford a half-million dollar home or better. If the household income is 120K a year it's easily affordable, especially if you have a good down payment.

What was the last bill that republicans created that helped middle class or poor Americans? Republicans are the party of do nothing.

It's not the duty of your federal government to help out anybody. The job of the federal government is to govern. But to your question, President Trump when he lowered taxes on just about everybody.

Not sure because I got the information from my sister and it was just passing in a conversation. What I do know (from him) is that when he took the rent it was $1,750 a month plus utilities.

$250,000 house with 20% down. $1369 at 5.1%, $1600 at 6.9%. Still below what his rent was before the rise in the rent.

Just another Biden shit-show. More crapping on Americans by the worst POTUS in history.

Everything Biden and his team of idiots do have been harmful to Americans. Same with the rotten Democratic Party.

Rents across the United States have hit a record high, with the median rent for a one-bedroom apartment now reaching nearly $1,500 a month, according to the Zumper National Rent Index.
In Miami, where nearly 6 in 10 residents are foreign nationals, pulling more immigrants to the area every year, median rents have jumped to about $2,500 a month. In Washington, DC, where the state of Texas is busing thousands of border crossers, median rents are now at $2,370.
At the same time, rents in cities across Ohio, Kansas, Texas, Louisiana, Kentucky, Oklahoma, upstate New York, and Iowa have dropped.
Real estate investors are some of the biggest beneficiaries of mass immigration to the United States. Immigration-driven population growth, set to bring the United States population to more than 400 million by 2060, is likely to send housing prices even higher.
A 2017 study published in the Journal of Housing Economics found that “increases in immigration into a metropolitan statistical area are linked with rising rents and home prices in that metropolitan statistical area and neighboring metropolitan statistical areas.”
As legal immigration brings over a million legal immigrants to the United States annually, as well as more than a million more on temporary work visas, the Biden administration has implemented an expansive Catch and Release network where thousands of border crossers and illegal aliens are sent all over the nation every month to await court hearings.
In the meantime, those new arrivals need housing.
While it is unclear exactly where border crossers and illegal aliens are resettling, the administration’s Alternative to Detention (ATD) program gives insight into the level of mass immigration to each city coinciding with record-high housing costs.
In Boston, Massachusetts, for instance, where the median rent has hit $2,730, the number of border crossers and illegal aliens released to the area on ATD has boomed. In December 2020, just 1,500 ATD migrants were being monitored in Boston. Today, more than 8,300 ATD migrants are in the city.
The same has occurred in New York City. In 2020, fewer than 3,700 ATD migrants were being monitored. Today, more than 10,500 ATD migrants are being monitored there. More than 16,500 ATD migrants are in San Francisco today; in 2020, about 10,600 were being monitored.

Americans deserve crap until they decide they don't!!

:CryingCow:

Does your nephew's wife work?

He's divorced. He has a Masters degree and makes pretty good money. If he's going to buy anything, it will be in the area he lives in which is middle-class to upper middle-class. That's where his friends moved to when the blacks started to move in, and even though a social drinker, he doesn't want to live too far away from them when he has a few.

He's divorced. He has a Masters degree and makes pretty good money. If he's going to buy anything, it will be in the area he lives in which is middle-class to upper middle-class. That's where his friends moved to when the blacks started to move in, and even though a social drinker, he doesn't want to live too far away from them when he has a few.
Funny how all your racist family members moved away from black folks, but the racist slum lord sticks around folks he hates.

Funny how all your racist family members moved away from black folks, but the racist slum lord sticks around folks he hates.

What's racist about wanting to live with your own kind? What's racist about not buying where you know the property values will only move lower? What's racist about not wanting to live in an area where violent crime is increasing? In fact a walking distance from where he grew up, a shooting death this past weekend. Whites don't want to live that way, and there is nothing racist about that.

Trump didn't do Jack, post the data proving that his great tax cut helped every American.

I didn't say every American, I said most Americans contrary to your lie he only cut taxes for the wealthy. In fact Trump increased their taxes with his policy of not being able to write off state and city taxes on homes valued at over a million dollars.

What's racist about wanting to live with your own kind?
Oh I thought we were all human. Oh you mean all white.
What's racist about not buying where you know the property values will only move lower?
Damn my property taxes went up, they must not know my wife and i are black.
What's racist about not wanting to live in an area where violent crime is increasing?
So in your mind if a black person lives in the neighborhood violence goes up.
In fact a walking distance from where he grew up, a shooting death this past weekend. Whites don't want to live that way, and there is nothing racist about that.
2 white guys ambushed and murdered 2 white sheriff's deputies in a affluent neighborhood. Does that mean all whites are violent?

I didn't say every American, I said most Americans contrary to your lie he only cut taxes for the wealthy. In fact Trump increased their taxes with his policy of not being able to write off state and city taxes on homes valued at over a million dollars.

What's racist about wanting to live with your own kind?

1664329190638.png

Oh I thought we were all human. Oh you mean all white.

If that's your preference yes, and what's wrong with that?

Damn my property taxes went up, they must not know my wife and i are black.

I didn't say taxes, I said property values. Taxes can go up even though value goes down such as passing taxes for the schools.

So in your mind if a black person lives in the neighborhood violence goes up.

No, but it does when blacks makeup 40% or more of a city, yes, violent crime always increases.

2 white guys ambushed and murdered 2 white sheriff's deputies in a affluent neighborhood. Does that mean all whites are violent?

No, it means it's an anomaly, unlike what always happens when blacks takeover a community.

Forum List

Back