U.S. likely to send ground troops to Syria to combat ISIS

stewartdean98

Rookie
Jan 4, 2017
To intensify its battle against ISIS, the Pentagon might propose sending U.S. ground combat forces into northern Syria for the first time ever.

"It's possible that you may see conventional forces hit the ground in Syria for some period of time," CNN quoted a defense official.

However, the official made it clear that the final call lies with President Donald Trump, who has ordered his defense secretary to come up with a proposal to combat ISIS before the end of the month.

Conventional units operate in larger numbers and would require a more significant footprint of security protection both on the ground and in the air.

Right now, no more than 5,262 troops are allowed in Iraq, with 5,155 deployed there at present.
Source: U.S. likely to send ground troops to Syria to combat ISIS

To intensify its battle against ISIS, the Pentagon might propose sending U.S. ground combat forces into northern Syria for the first time ever.

"It's possible that you may see conventional forces hit the ground in Syria for some period of time," CNN quoted a defense official.

However, the official made it clear that the final call lies with President Donald Trump, who has ordered his defense secretary to come up with a proposal to combat ISIS before the end of the month.

Conventional units operate in larger numbers and would require a more significant footprint of security protection both on the ground and in the air.

Right now, no more than 5,262 troops are allowed in Iraq, with 5,155 deployed there at present.
Source: U.S. likely to send ground troops to Syria to combat ISIS

Did not one tell Trump why the US hasn't sent in troops before, why the British haven't, why the French haven't? Also why Iraq was such a disaster post war? Seriously, the guy knows nothing or what? This is after him saying he was going to pull back from being the world's police?

Of course we are. That dumb fuck has been itching to send some boys to die since he was elected. Him being a military school graduate and all.

I guess I'm the only guy here in favor of this.

Right now we are fighting a shadow war with Russia in Syria at the same time we are trying to combat ISIS. I'm a big fan of putting boots on deck over there because I do not think it is a move that Russia will have the balls to mirror. It would give us the advantage in the multiple conflicts in that nation allowing us to stomp out ISIS and overthrow Assad. The real issue then becomes...what do we do following these actions?

Forum List

Back