U.S.-led troops withdraw from Iraq's Taji base

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
United States-led international coalition troops withdrew from Iraq’s Taji military base on Sunday and handed it over to Iraqi security forces, Reuters witnesses and the coalition said.

The base, 20 km (12 miles) north of Baghdad, had been the site of frequent rocket attacks by Iran-backed militias targeting U.S.-led troops in recent months.

“The movement of coalition military personnel is part of a long-range plan coordinated with the government of Iraq,” the coalition said in a statement, adding that Camp Taji has historically held up to 2,000 coalition members, most of whom have departed this summer.

Good and now if we just stay the hell out. Leave these people to whatever destiny they have. Let them call their own shots and take responsibility for their own stuff.

I hope this is true but we know we "left" Syria also but didn't actually leave Syria. We simply moved our troops.

Now the article notes that troops left a particular military base. It doesn't say we left Iraq. If we actually leave Iraq I will completely support that but having seen this before I think I will wait and see.

I hope this is true but we know we "left" Syria also but didn't actually leave Syria. We simply moved our troops.

Now the article notes that troops left a particular military base. It doesn't say we left Iraq. If we actually leave Iraq I will completely support that but having seen this before I think I will wait and see.
The bringing the troops home clown certainly moves those troops to Syria. Keeping the oil, you know...

Forum List

Back