U.S. Jobless Claims Fall To 15-Year Low but finding workers with the skills..........

When I started work oh so long ago, training came with the job and required both education and testing as each skill level was approached. You were also paid more as you moved up the technical ladder. Some went far, some were content at other levels. What happened to that today is corporations either contract out or just gave up on educating its workers. Bottom line thinking. This is the modern corporatist world, changing it will require a change in the corporate mentality and a return to more employees who operate in HR, training, etc. Ain't gonna happen as American corporations are short sighted, next quarter profit machines with no sense of public good nor of consideration for its employees.

U.S. Jobless Claims Fall To 15-Year Low

The manufacturing sector, however, continues to experience difficulties in the labor market, with a majority of companies reporting problems finding workers with the skills needed to meet open positions.
Yep, you're correct. Do you wonder why? Could the reason be that for decades, we closed our plants and factories in favor of supporting foreign economies, and skills are no longer passed down from generation to generation? Could that have anything to do with it? Or, maybe that our education system is two decades behind most other major nations? Or, maybe the reason could be that we've raised a whole generation learning to flip burgers and work at Wal-Mart? What do you think?

U.S. Jobless Claims Fall To 15-Year Low

The manufacturing sector, however, continues to experience difficulties in the labor market, with a majority of companies reporting problems finding workers with the skills needed to meet open positions.
Yep, you're correct. Do you wonder why? Could the reason be that for decades, we closed our plants and factories in favor of supporting foreign economies, and skills are no longer passed down from generation to generation? Could that have anything to do with it? Or, maybe that our education system is two decades behind most other major nations? Or, maybe the reason could be that we've raised a whole generation learning to flip burgers and work at Wal-Mart? What do you think?
I raised my sons to be electronic technicians and they served in the military doing electronics on missile systems like I did,,,

So should we have two post high school types, college and Job training?

So should we have two post high school types, college and Job training?

Well, maybe you come over to Germany and look how we handle that.
If, for example, you go in any bakery the woman or man behind the counter most possibly have finished a certified three year apprenticeship in selling bread stuff. It's called Bäckereifachverkäufer.
I can't translate that because it is not existing in the US.

You cannot tack a plywood house together because you have put a sticker on your pickup that says you are a carpenter. You have to be one. Actually with a master certificate if you have your own business.

This is the case for practically all crafts and trades with very few exceptions.

And I have still not lost one word about engineering or other university education, that's a different story.

Obama wants everyone to go to college, but let's face it a college track is a dead end street.

2 year technical or just going into the job market with a HS diploma and a clear record and a few part time jobs = the ticket

I need a plumber, carpenter and a garbage collector. We all do

college is not for everyone Obama is an ass

Forum List

Back