U.S. intel concludes China reported fake numbers to conceal true size of coronavirus outbreak

The U.S. mainstream media are everywhere reporting that U.S. security agencies have concluded China is hiding the real numbers of those infected and killed by Covid-19, and sent a secret report to Trump. But what is the reality? What does the report actually say about how many cases were hidden? When? Where? How was the information gathered? Why does everybody suddenly believe our security agencies?

I don’t know the answers to these questions and many others. The reports of tens of thousands more deaths could be — but I believe are probably not — true. I have always known and said that the XiJinping administration’s censorship and repression policies contributed to early bureaucratic bungling and delays, but I also praised its effective response once key decisions were made. Similarly, I agreed with the Trump administration’s restrictions on Chinese tourist flights effective early in January, but denounced its subsequent complacency, wrongheaded denials, and general failure to prepare seriously.

Here is an interesting (leftwing) article criticizing the U.S. media’s gullibility and supposed “anti-China bias,” which exposes many of the dubious and untrustworthy sources for U.S. media reporting on this subject. In my opinion it is worth reading:

Well one thing is certain, government whether in China, USA, or anywhere else lie with impunity.

Lefties, cut your bullshit about racism and state or question if China as a global citizen and nation is doing its “fair share”?
Shut up right wing wacko. Scientists have found that the virus may not have originated in China and in fact has been around for years.

What scientists? Who? Where? How? Validation and / or empirical data to back up what you say on these boards will go a long way. Further, my argument was not in and around where the virus ultimately originated. Factually speaking, this specific pandemic is being mapped to Wuan and I am holding China as a nation and global citizen accountable.
But how does the nations of the world get retribution? Is the leadership in China quaking in their boots? Is there remorse? Are own politicians set this in motion over the decades. They created the present China. We keep believing that nations will all become "democracies".

So what if they did lie, how do we know the US numbers are without distortion?

as far as the whistleblower, if the republicans could of found out the name of the whistleblower they would of tarred and feathered him,

as it is the impeached witnesses lost their jobs.

The U.S. mainstream media are everywhere reporting that U.S. security agencies have concluded China is hiding the real numbers of those infected and killed by Covid-19, and sent a secret report to Trump. But what is the reality? What does the report actually say about how many cases were hidden? When? Where? How was the information gathered? Why does everybody suddenly believe our security agencies?

I don’t know the answers to these questions and many others. The reports of tens of thousands more deaths could be — but I believe are probably not — true. I have always known and said that the XiJinping administration’s censorship and repression policies contributed to early bureaucratic bungling and delays, but I also praised its effective response once key decisions were made. Similarly, I agreed with the Trump administration’s restrictions on Chinese tourist flights effective early in January, but denounced its subsequent complacency, wrongheaded denials, and general failure to prepare seriously.

Here is an interesting (leftwing) article criticizing the U.S. media’s gullibility and supposed “anti-China bias,” which exposes many of the dubious and untrustworthy sources for U.S. media reporting on this subject. In my opinion it is worth reading:

Do the terms "statistical probability" or "extrapolation" mean anything to you?

They probably didn't cover that in welding school. But math is a science and when it's convenient you tell us to 'trust science'. I'll trust the math this time.
Antiwelderetic !

Yet when US cares about ourselves, the Left calls us racists or intolerant.
So this is just a way to play victim and defend the idiot in the White House?

Oh...

Victim my ass. Are you kidding me? I am going on the offensive and holding China accountable. It has nothing to do with who is in the White House. Check your side.... it is the one that is always apologizing for US and appeasing other countries. That has been going on for almost 50 years which is way beyond who is in the White House.

"
The U.S. intelligence community has concluded that China has been reporting fake coronavirus numbers — under-reporting both cases and deaths — in order to conceal the true size of the outbreak in the communist nation, three U.S. officials confirmed to Bloomberg Wednesday.

The news comes one day after Dr. Deborah Birx, response coordinator for the White House Coronavirus Task Force, suggested that the U.S. response to the pandemic may have been slower than ideal because China withheld a "significant amount of data."

The intelligence report is now breaking to the public, but one U.S. official told Bloomberg that the White House received it last week.

The true number of COVID-19 cases and deaths in China is not known.

This is you Proglodytes disgust us.
For some bizarre reason you seem to think we support China. Not.

We, meaning Trump haters and the media especially do.

"
The U.S. intelligence community has concluded that China has been reporting fake coronavirus numbers — under-reporting both cases and deaths — in order to conceal the true size of the outbreak in the communist nation, three U.S. officials confirmed to Bloomberg Wednesday.

The news comes one day after Dr. Deborah Birx, response coordinator for the White House Coronavirus Task Force, suggested that the U.S. response to the pandemic may have been slower than ideal because China withheld a "significant amount of data."

The intelligence report is now breaking to the public, but one U.S. official told Bloomberg that the White House received it last week.

How about a real source?
You don't accept reality.
Not, i dont accept conservative unreality.

Got a real.source?

Creepy Toes does not get to decide what is "real" and what isn't. It's simply not in you purview old boy.

If lying upsets you, why does your own government’s lies not upset you?

(smile) Son, I'm not caught in the false binary political system. People like you and Gator are simply blinded by Rump hate. So musch so you blieve the Communists over your President

Who believes Bejing? Can you give me some examp,e of a lie we are supposed to be believing?

The fact that you're too lazy to peruse the mrecent medi reports is not my problem.

Anyone worth their salt knew that the Chinese were under representing the number of people with the virus.

Of course, if you believe that the Trump administration was gullible enough to beleive those numbers, then who is to blame that we did not eyes and ears on the ground in China to confirm or dispute those numbers?

The answer is the Trump Administration.

"President Donald Trump loves to blame China for the coronavirus pandemic, but new information surfaced over the weekend that the administration eliminated a position last July that potentially could have helped the US get an earlier jump on a response to the crisis, suggesting the president may need to place blame a little closer to home.

The Trump administration told the United States’ embed at the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that the position would be defunded, causing her to leave her post in July 2019, according to a report from Reuters’s Marisa Taylor. The embed helped train Chinese public health experts and served in part as a liaison between Chinese officials and their counterparts in the US."

It always comes back to the ineptitude and incompetence of the Trump and his administration of clowns and cronies.

Anyone worth their salt knew that the Chinese were under representing the number of people with the virus.

Of course, if you believe that the Trump administration was gullible enough to beleive those numbers, then who is to blame that we did not eyes and ears on the ground in China to confirm or dispute those numbers?

The answer is the Trump Administration.

"President Donald Trump loves to blame China for the coronavirus pandemic, but new information surfaced over the weekend that the administration eliminated a position last July that potentially could have helped the US get an earlier jump on a response to the crisis, suggesting the president may need to place blame a little closer to home.

The Trump administration told the United States’ embed at the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that the position would be defunded, causing her to leave her post in July 2019, according to a report from Reuters’s Marisa Taylor. The embed helped train Chinese public health experts and served in part as a liaison between Chinese officials and their counterparts in the US."

It always comes back to the ineptitude and incompetence of the Trump and his administration of clowns and cronies.

Actually no, for you and pals it ALWAYS comes back to hating Rump.

"

How about a real source?
You don't accept reality.
Not, i dont accept conservative unreality.

Got a real.source?

Creepy Toes does not get to decide what is "real" and what isn't. It's simply not in you purview old boy.
Got. A. Real. Source?

It's a simple question, tRumpltin. Only four little words. Surely you can handle that.

The GOP is incompetent and corrupt so this should not surprise anyone.
The Dem party is incompetent and corrupt so this should not surprise anyone.
Just a bit incompetent thanks. But thanks for the multiple corrupt bubbles and busts 1929 1989 2008 2023 if.... And allowing 911 through sheer incompetence and the stupidest wars ever.... And of course the ridiculous GOP propaganda machine that makes all this possible....

The GOP is incompetent and corrupt so this should not surprise anyone.

It says a lot about you that you, a supposed "free thinker" will take the word of a totalitarian dictatorship.

Which makes you a moronic little hater dupe.
There is no reason to believe them or totally disbelieve them. Blaming everything on a conspiracy of Chinese is ridiculous. All we know for sure is the Trump downplayed the problem for a couple of months. So enjoy -and he still is.

You are side stepping THE major issue in the China Virus outbreak. That is of course Xi Jinping's intentional coverup and intimidation and what now appears to be kidnapping of the Wuhan doctor who called him out. Jinping's coverup is what led to the exponential outbreak we are now dealing with around the globe. Incredibly you and the rest of the Liberati side with the Communist Regime. Thomas Paine my ass.

Exactly. China's malfeasance re: coronavirus is no conspiracy theory.

"But it doesn't benefit us politically so let's pretend that it's not real."

Sound familiar?

What evidence is there that they didn't? They have lied about everything else.
Why haven't they locked you away in a nut house yet?

Forum List

Back