U.S Economy adds 4.8 million jobs in June, surpassing expectations as coronavirus lingers

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Man, you guys are gaining jobs in huge numbers

When it comes to the Wuhan Virus, we know the death rate is very low, don't let MSM oversell it as they have done from the beginning and place peoples dreams and businesses at risk. If you feel you are at risk or don't want to take the risks than stay at home. Others must be free.

As far as I am concerned, a strong economy is vital, peoples freedom is important, people can operate wisely and businesses can and will thrive. I don't like fear mongerers, and the "yeah, but"...

Economy adds 4.8 million jobs in June, surpassing expectations as coronavirus lingers

The U.S. economy added 4.8 million jobs in June, according to data released Thursday by the Labor Department, as the gradual easing of coronavirus-related restrictions helped more businesses reopen and bring back workers.

The unemployment rate also fell to 11.1 percent last month, according to the report, as more workers who were laid off earlier this year were able to return to their pre-pandemic jobs.

Economists expected the U.S. to add anywhere between 1 million and 3 million jobs for the month after the U.S. added 2.7 million in May, according to revised figures, despite widespread predictions of another decline.

Despite the rising job numbers, surging coronavirus cases across the South and Sun Belt have already slowed the pace of the rebound in many states, according to recent data.

A more current indicator, weekly initial unemployment claims, remained elevated at historic levels. For the week ending June 25, new claims came in at 1.43 million, down from 1.48 million the previous week. The figure, while continuing a steady downward trend, was also well above the 1.38 million economists were expecting.

Returning to work...........but capital projects in industry are put off from what I'm hearing and seeing...........We are down hard there.......and it may not come back til next year. That is the same we hear across the construction industry.

Some are coming back but VERY SLOWLY....we are still down 90% of our people.

It's not overblown............it's real........Hope I'm wrong but I see what I see......it is REAL.

When it comes to the Wuhan Virus, we know the death rate is very low, don't let MSM oversell it as they have done from the beginning and place peoples dreams and businesses at risk. If you feel you are at risk or don't want to take the risks than stay at home. Others must be free.

As far as I am concerned, a strong economy is vital, peoples freedom is important, people can operate wisely and businesses can and will thrive. I don't like fear mongerers, and the "yeah, but"...

Economy adds 4.8 million jobs in June, surpassing expectations as coronavirus lingers

The U.S. economy added 4.8 million jobs in June, according to data released Thursday by the Labor Department, as the gradual easing of coronavirus-related restrictions helped more businesses reopen and bring back workers.

The unemployment rate also fell to 11.1 percent last month, according to the report, as more workers who were laid off earlier this year were able to return to their pre-pandemic jobs.

Economists expected the U.S. to add anywhere between 1 million and 3 million jobs for the month after the U.S. added 2.7 million in May, according to revised figures, despite widespread predictions of another decline.

Despite the rising job numbers, surging coronavirus cases across the South and Sun Belt have already slowed the pace of the rebound in many states, according to recent data.

A more current indicator, weekly initial unemployment claims, remained elevated at historic levels. For the week ending June 25, new claims came in at 1.43 million, down from 1.48 million the previous week. The figure, while continuing a steady downward trend, was also well above the 1.38 million economists were expecting.

The fact is that the data was collected before states started postponing or rolling back openings so this is likely outdated. The rollbacks are in states that have Republican governors which shows how bad the situation is. Also a lot of money has been pumped into the economy to keep national income from collapsing. Money that Republicans are threatening to let lapse.

The fact is that the coronavirus is not a picnic as you seem to intimate. Many people are seeing permanent damage to their health even if they recover. Every death should be avoided. Freedom does not mean doing whatever you please. With freedom comes responsibility. People and businesses are not acting responsibly. That is why we are seeing spikes.

The fact is that the data was collected before states started postponing or rolling back openings so this is likely outdated. The rollbacks are in states that have Republican governors which shows how bad the situation is. Also a lot of money has been pumped into the economy to keep national income from collapsing. Money that Republicans are threatening to let lapse.

The fact is that the coronavirus is not a picnic as you seem to intimate. Many people are seeing permanent damage to their health even if they recover. Every death should be avoided. Freedom does not mean doing whatever you please. With freedom comes responsibility. People and businesses are not acting responsibly. That is why we are seeing spikes.
When the media started to become the national enquirer instead of responsible journalists that dream died. One good thing about this is if it gets bad enough it will reek vengeance for people against others who screwed with the and got away with it. Some payback has come so far. A healthy housing collapse and public and private pension collapse will seal the deal.

It's not overblown............it's real........Hope I'm wrong but I see what I see......it is REAL.

It is overblown. It's both real, and overblown. Just like Corona itself. Yes, Corona can kill people, that's real. But it's not the 1.5 million or whatever they were freaking out over, that instigated the shut down to begin with.

Will it takes some time, for the train to get back up to speed? Sure. But it is not the great depression freak out that we were hearing for months now.

Forum List

Back