U.S. Deploys Patriot Air Defense Systems, Troops to Saudi Arabia

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
patriot-missile-640x480.png

I was certain that we had already sold them some of these and it turned out to be right. They have them all centered in the southern part of the country to deal with missiles from Yemen.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. is sending one Patriot missile battery and four ground-based radar systems to Saudi Arabia, the Pentagon said Thursday, in what officials describe as the first steps to help the kingdom protect itself against Iranian attacks.

Two more Patriot batteries and a THAAD missile defense system will be prepared to go later if needed, and the deployment will involve about 200 troops.

I’m just wondering if we’re going to get them to pay us for using the troops.

More @ U.S. Deploys Patriot Air Defense Systems, Troops to Saudi Arabia

Petro Dollar.

?pay us? I never did economics 101------the ins and outs of money confuses me.
In any case----the kids ARE on salary------they are housed on Saudi land-----and
the local Saudis invite them to supper. The kids are an asset-----to the local
economy----they buy stuff

Actually, they did. $500 million, and will pay another $500 million depending on how long they actually stay. And that is expected to be until around October, as when that is when the first Battery of THAAD missiles they bought ($15 billion worth) are expected to arrive.

We have long standing mutual defense treaties with the Saudis; we always honor our treaties no matter what, at least until Obama came along and decided to hand many billions along with a missile program to the terrorist regime of Iran, among other wonderful acts rewarding terrorism. I guess he was trying to outdo Reagan in sucking up to scumbags. In any case, hopefully nothing breaks out again for a decade or so, when Saudi oil reserves will be too low to care about the ME., except for the Canal. It's never good when terrorist regimes control lots of oil wells, given who that benefits.

The kids are an asset-----to the local

Not really.

This is not like Japan or Korea, where at any time off-duty they can just wander off of the base and go shopping and clubbing out in town. In that region, they are mostly confined to base, and it takes quite a bit to get permission to go out in town.

And with AAFES today, as well as Amazon and so many other online retailers, there is really no need to shop in the local community.

The kids are an asset-----to the local

Not really.

This is not like Japan or Korea, where at any time off-duty they can just wander off of the base and go shopping and clubbing out in town. In that region, they are mostly confined to base, and it takes quite a bit to get permission to go out in town.

And with AAFES today, as well as Amazon and so many other online retailers, there is really no need to shop in the local community.

it is clear to me that you never met a US military kid who was stationed in Saudi Arabia and know nothing of how american bases on foreign land function

it is clear to me that you never met a US military kid who was stationed in Saudi Arabia and know nothing of how american bases on foreign land function

Oh yes, you are right. I have never met anybody in the military, and know nothing about how bases operate in the Middle East, or anywhere else in the world.

*laughs*

Forum List

Back