U.S. colleges scramble after new Trump order on foreign students

Do you think the Chinese bagman to the university was not a student himself once?

or are you just stalling?

That is not proof of your claim. Are you reading all these posts, or just guessing at what they say and jumping ahead?
No one has made a good argument for why we should be educating our enemy and economic rival
Several such arguments have been made over and over on this thread.

Any foreign students that comes here to study from all over the world......... take their earned knowledge back to their country. That’s FACT and been going on for decades.
Students from other foreign countries are welcome

even Chinese students from Taiwan and Hong Kong

but not mainland china

Why? All these people are paying your welfare checks an unemployments.

$44 billions pumped in to US economy. Do you expect only couple of millions am benefiting these $44 billions?
And how much did the technology taken back to china pump upinto their economy?

that could run into the trillions

And why is that bad? Why is it bad to educate other countries? Why is it bad to see other countries progress? They are paying premiums, we make money from them in billions. Why do you think WE Americans go to China to manufacture, technical products and consumer products? Then sell it to us cheaper.
Since you and your cult members don’t understand economic 101.

PAY ATTENTION American good economy depends on ALL trading partners that includes China. Remove China from the equation how much do you think that shirts or neck ties ( as an example of Trump products) or medical products if it made in USA?

There is no reason for those students to be in this country if all classes are on line. Certainly no reason for any school to be scrambling. There's no difference between a student across the street or across the world.
All foreign students must be screened as potential terrorist or agent's of foreign governments. Why do you suppose Chinese students end up enrolled in colleges and universities that are directly involved with government research and development projects, especially those associated with advanced technology? That is no accident.

And how many of those Chinese students caught spying?

From you... They enrolled governments research & development projects. SO WHAT?

We Americans go to foreigner countries to study their governments, cultures and economy.

The higher education puppy mills will lose a huge sum of money if education goes online

in fact the schools could get by with half the staff they have now

imagine a Feminist and Black Studies professor getting canned and having to find a real job

I encourage trump change his approach and support internet teaching
Online courses can be problematic. There is something to be said for live interaction among students and students and faculty. Most schools are attempting blended models. Lot of discussion going on, and regardless, the face of education is going to change.

This virus led the way.

Over half of my property taxes go to support our local public schools. I (nor any of my tenants) ever had kids in the school system, yet we have to pay for it.

Yes, the cost of these schools are high, in the thousands a year for me. But what do those costs include besides teachers? The buildings. The buildings that use heat, air conditioning, maintenance. Then there are busses. You have to pay the drivers, the gasoline, insurance, and so on.

Think how much money taxpayers could save through education online. Close down and sell the schools. No more busses because there is no place to send the kids to. Given the fact that the average educational cost per capita is about 12-15K a year, it would be more cost effective to provide those poorer kids with internet access and a computer.

You are talking K-12? Everyone would be home schooling?

Correct, that's what I'm talking about, and so are school systems all across the country. I'm very surprised the teachers unions are not complaining about it, although I'm sure all their members are still paying dues and not having to go into work.
It would be a nightmare for parents, and single parents couldn’t do it. In addition, there is a lot of important social development that goes on in a school setting.
FBI is encouraging campuses to monitor Chinese students because they are spies. But, the unpatriotic leftist college President's are pushing back. But they will allow BLM and Antifa to shut down free speech on their their Marxist incubator's under cover of "higher education."

Okay okay okay okay... Educate my ignorance. So the FBI warned these universities because they might be a spies.

You lost me here big time.
The universities supposed to lock libraries, classes, and doors? Let say you are a Chinese students. You are not supposed to enroll in high tech classes, no access to libraries? Are those libraries and classes supposedly keep high tech secrets like from Raytheon, Boeing, Northrop, Pratt & Whitney???

HOW and WHAT can a Chinese students or anybody be a spy by enrolling in a US university? Is that mean ALL foreign students enrolled in US universities could be a spies???

These has nothing to do with with ANTIFA or BLM or free speech.

But these is all about common sense, stupidity, ignorance and cruelty against your own fellow Americans that millions are suffering.

Below is from your link. Meaning warning from FBI is just another HOGWASH.

Such FBI requests are advisory, not mandatory. Administrators say the universities briefed by the FBI have not yet implemented additional monitoring protocols. They say they have pushed back because of skepticism of the threat level and because the FBI requests lack specificity in implementation.

The higher education puppy mills will lose a huge sum of money if education goes online

imagine a Feminist and Black Studies professor getting canned and having to find a real job

Online courses can be problematic. There is something to be said for live interaction among students and students and faculty. Most schools are attempting blended models. Lot of discussion going on, and regardless, the face of education is going to change.

This virus led the way.

Over half of my property taxes go to support our local public schools. I (nor any of my tenants) ever had kids in the school system, yet we have to pay for it.

Yes, the cost of these schools are high, in the thousands a year for me. But what do those costs include besides teachers? The buildings. The buildings that use heat, air conditioning, maintenance. Then there are busses. You have to pay the drivers, the gasoline, insurance, and so on.

Think how much money taxpayers could save through education online. Close down and sell the schools. No more busses because there is no place to send the kids to. Given the fact that the average educational cost per capita is about 12-15K a year, it would be more cost effective to provide those poorer kids with internet access and a computer.

Correct, that's what I'm talking about, and so are school systems all across the country. I'm very surprised the teachers unions are not complaining about it, although I'm sure all their members are still paying dues and not having to go into work.
It would be a nightmare for parents, and single parents couldn’t do it. In addition, there is a lot of important social development that goes on in a school setting.
FBI is encouraging campuses to monitor Chinese students because they are spies. But, the unpatriotic leftist college President's are pushing back. But they will allow BLM and Antifa to shut down free speech on their their Marxist incubator's under cover of "higher education."

Okay okay okay okay... Educate my ignorance. So the FBI warned these universities because they might be a spies.

The universities supposed to lock libraries, classes, and doors? Let say you are a Chinese students. You are not supposed to enroll in high tech classes, no access to libraries? Are those libraries and classes supposedly keep high tech secrets like from Raytheon, Boeing, Northrop, Pratt & Whitney???

HOW and WHAT can a Chinese students or anybody be a spy by enrolling in a US university? Is that mean ALL foreign students enrolled in US universities could be a spies???

But these is all about common sense, stupidity, ignorance and cruelty against your own fellow Americans that millions are suffering.

Such FBI requests are advisory, not mandatory. Administrators say the universities briefed by the FBI have not yet implemented additional monitoring protocols. They say they have pushed back because of skepticism of the threat level and because the FBI requests lack specificity in implementation.
They are spies you common rube. Never been in the military much huh dip stick?

This virus led the way.

Sure...1938.... let's allow Nazi students to steal our technology. Fast forward 2020...let's allow communist Chinese to steal our technology. I make the analogy for dumbassed liberals like you.

Forum List

Back