U.S. Capitol Police to Be Sued for $10 Million for Killing Unarmed Rioter

I'm "suggesting" that he should have had the option of using another weapon before he shot an unarmed female in the neck at point blank range for breaking a window! If you'd read the NY Times article about the findings of the investigation into the Capital Police you'd know that they dropped the ball on preparedness over and over again. So did he shoot Ashli because it was the right thing to do or did he panic and over react?
Imbecile, you're suggesting he use a weapon you don't know he had.

Imbecile, you're suggesting he use a weapon you don't know he had.
What I'm "suggesting" is that any Officer whose job involves crowd control should have something other than his fists and a gun to deal with situations. I don't know if this Officer did or did not (which you obviously don't know either!) but I'm bothered by the fact that he DIDN'T use something other than his gun before shooting an unarmed protester in the neck at point blank range!

In other words...YOU DON'T HAVE THE FAINTEST IDEA?
News reports some 200 were charged for assaulting police officers. Meaning at least 400 were charged for entering the Capitol. With some 2 to 3 hundred more still being sought.

I posted that NY Times article because it paints a picture of a Capitol Police force totally unprepared for what they had been warned was a protest that might turn violent!

What I'm "suggesting" is that any Officer whose job involves crowd control should have something other than his fists and a gun to deal with situations. I don't know if this Officer did or did not (which you obviously don't know either!) but I'm bothered by the fact that he DIDN'T use something other than his gun before shooting an unarmed protester in the neck at point blank range!
Again, you have no idea what else he could have used.

He could have used pepper spray. He could have used a baton. He could have used a flash bang grenade. So why didn't he?
He couldn't use any of those if he didn't have them. He was a plain closed cop. I don't know if he had any weapon on himself other than a gun. And neither do you. All you're doing is speculating on something you don't even know.

:cuckoo:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, there is a Country Buffet smorgasboard of posts to sample.
Let's nibble on a few.

(but....before then, I have not yet found a reference to "900 got inside the Capitol" that I asserted earlier. I am sure I read that, and will continue looking; however, for this au courant moment, I haven't found "900" yet.

But 600 arrested, looking for 200+ more of these Jackass Trump Rioters seems, for practical purposes, fairly close. And yup, some of those 600 clobbered a cop with a dangerous weapon outside the building, others struck a cop with a dangerous weapon inside the building. The story is developing. We will see, soon enough the who, the how many, and what they did.
Or at any rate, that is what I am hoping this Select Committee can discover for all Americans to know.
Meanwhile, I'll keep googling for my "900". Am sure I read it. But 800 seems close enough. I'd suggest.
------------------------------------------

So did he shoot Ashli because it was the right thing to do
Yupper.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm bothered by the fact that he DIDN'T use something other than his gun before shooting an unarmed protester in the neck at point blank range!
Ah, the old Monday Quarterback Syndrome.
Shoulda, woulda, coulda.
This is getting to be over-plowed ground.

But let's saddle up old Dobber one more time: Here's the deal, the situation was dynamic, fluid, volatile, dangerous. There was much turmoil in the space, many unknowns, and many looked ominous.
But what that policemen did know was this: Unauthorized assailants were violently breaking down a police barrier specifically erected to bar them. They were warned by the nearby police on the barrier side to stop, to leave. A gun was brandished. It was acknowledged by the assailants. And yet they persisted.

The cop quite reasonably could conclude --- if they ain't afraid of being shot, then that's because they are suicidal, stupid, or martyrs.
A figure quickly jumps into a broken breach....female? male?....who knows it was shrouded in a figure concealing, weapon concealing, suicide-vest concealing, shroud.

If that 'figure' got on the other side with all those Legislators....maybe a KABOOM!
Or, that 'figure' could attempt to open the breach from the interior side and let all the assailants in.

He shot the figure to foreclose such possibilitie, such threats.
Hooray for him.
We pay him to protect the duly elected representatives of the people.
He did.
She died.
Her fault. Not his.
She was foolish. She was fooled.
May time bring peace to her family.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Capitol Police force totally unprepared for what they had been warned was a protest that might turn violent!"

Yeah, it seems so.
As America was for Pearl Harbor. As America was for 9/11. Despite some voices of warning. In a sea of warnings every day, every year, for years.
But that is the very nature of surprises. They surprise.

But whether the Capitol force was unprepared for this surprise pales in significance ....and blame....to the actions of Don Trump, and his minions on the stage prior to the riot, and most directly to blame are the Jackass Patriots, Fatboy Militias and MagaHats who believed smacking a policeman with a steel pipe, busting down a door or window, and smearing their poop on a wall.....would keep America from having a peaceful (relatively) 'transfer of power.'

So, let us identify, find, arrest, and charge the dickheads who who thought they could do an end-around the American Constitution.

And if found guilty, spank he living hell out of the to set an example for other traitor-wannabes.

IMHO

When the government shot protesters at Kent State, they had to pay the victims.
These audits are showing that the Democrat Cult violated the Voting Rights of millions of Americans when they rigged the 2020 election.
Ashli Babbitt is a true hero for democracy*.

What was the settlement for the Kent State shooting?
In a civil suit filed by the injured Kent State students and their families, a settlement was reached in 1979 in which the Ohio National Guard agreed to pay those injured in the events of May 4, 1970 a total of $675,000.
Kent State Shooting - Causes, Facts & Aftermath - HISTORY
www.history.com/topics/vietnam-war/kent-state-shooting

"These audits are showing that the Democrat Cult violated the Voting Rights of millions of Americans when they rigged the 2020 election."

Which audits have done that?
Of those that have been done and announced.....it seems the numbers were pretty much the same as on November 6th.

But you say new 'audits' show different numbers?
Which ones?
What are the numbers that they show?
Are they 'officially' announced?

Help us determine the truth poster Rdumb.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, there is a Country Buffet smorgasboard of posts to sample.
Let's nibble on a few.

(but....before then, I have not yet found a reference to "900 got inside the Capitol" that I asserted earlier. I am sure I read that, and will continue looking; however, for this au courant moment, I haven't found "900" yet.

But 600 arrested, looking for 200+ more of these Jackass Trump Rioters seems, for practical purposes, fairly close. And yup, some of those 600 clobbered a cop with a dangerous weapon outside the building, others struck a cop with a dangerous weapon inside the building. The story is developing. We will see, soon enough the who, the how many, and what they did.
Or at any rate, that is what I am hoping this Select Committee can discover for all Americans to know.
Meanwhile, I'll keep googling for my "900". Am sure I read it. But 800 seems close enough. I'd suggest.
------------------------------------------

Yupper.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, the old Monday Quarterback Syndrome.
Shoulda, woulda, coulda.
This is getting to be over-plowed ground.

But let's saddle up old Dobber one more time: Here's the deal, the situation was dynamic, fluid, volatile, dangerous. There was much turmoil in the space, many unknowns, and many looked ominous.
But what that policemen did know was this: Unauthorized assailants were violently breaking down a police barrier specifically erected to bar them. They were warned by the nearby police on the barrier side to stop, to leave. A gun was brandished. It was acknowledged by the assailants. And yet they persisted.

The cop quite reasonably could conclude --- if they ain't afraid of being shot, then that's because they are suicidal, stupid, or martyrs.
A figure quickly jumps into a broken breach....female? male?....who knows it was shrouded in a figure concealing, weapon concealing, suicide-vest concealing, shroud.

If that 'figure' got on the other side with all those Legislators....maybe a KABOOM!

Or, that 'figure' could attempt to open the breach from the interior side and let all the assailants in.

He shot the figure to foreclose such possibilitie, such threats.
Hooray for him.
We pay him to protect the duly elected representatives of the people.

He did.
She died.
Her fault. Not his.
She was foolish. She was fooled.
May time bring peace to her family.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, it seems so.
As America was for Pearl Harbor. As America was for 9/11. Despite some voices of warning. In a sea of warnings every day, every year, for years.
But that is the very nature of surprises. They surprise.

But whether the Capitol force was unprepared for this surprise pales in significance ....and blame....to the actions of Don Trump, and his minions on the stage prior to the riot, and most directly to blame are the Jackass Patriots, Fatboy Militias and MagaHats who believed smacking a policeman with a steel pipe, busting down a door or window, and smearing their poop on a wall.....would keep America from having a peaceful (relatively) 'transfer of power.'

So, let us identify, find, arrest, and charge the dickheads who who thought they could do an end-around the American Constitution.

And if found guilty, spank he living hell out of the to set an example for other traitor-wannabes.

IMHO
Seriously? You scold me for "Monday Morning Quarterbacking" and then you turn around and Monday Morning Quarterback the shit out everything the Capital Police did! Let me make this really clear for about the tenth time! You don't shoot an unarmed person in the neck at point blank range for breaking a window until you've done everything else possible...and you definitely don't shoot them because you think they "might" be dangerous. You shoot them because they ARE dangerous!

As for what the cop could reasonable "assume"? Did it ever occur to you that the protesters weren't stopping because they didn't think they were doing something that would get them shot? That they assumed they would be pepper sprayed...tasered...or hit with a baton before someone shot them? Or is that an unreasonable assumption?

Why wouldn't a cop be armed with pepper spray and a baton? Only an idiot wouldn't be! What is your progression of force? Using your fists to using your weapon?
You know, that's a good question, thanks for bringing it up.

Patrol officers are the ones who are equipped with all of the gear you and others have mentioned and suggested they should have used previously including pepper spray, batons, etc.

Not all police officers do the same job therefore they don't all carry the same gear. The detectives don't go about their day weighed down by all that gear that the patrol officers do because they are not necessary for the job they do.

Which begs the question. If the officer is only armed with a firearm then wouldn't it stand to reason that they expect him/her to use their weapon to defend themselves or others as opposed to attempt crowd control and/or to control individuals participating in crimes as part of a mob? Like one of the other posters mentioned, our tax dollars pay him to do just what he did, to protect the lives of the members of Congress even if that requires the use of deadly force.

I'm "suggesting" that he should have had the option of using another weapon before he shot an unarmed female in the neck at point blank range for breaking a window! If you'd read the NY Times article about the findings of the investigation into the Capital Police you'd know that they dropped the ball on preparedness over and over again. So did he shoot Ashli because it was the right thing to do or did he panic and over react?
He didn't shoot her for breaking a window. He shot her for attempting to circumvent the lock on the door to the restricted area by climbing through the door's window that the mob had just broken out in order to give them access.

Why do you keep lying about this - what they were doing and/or why?

From all appearances he was not there to control the crowd, only to protect members of Congress.

New Topics

Forum List

Back