U.S. Capitol Police to Be Sued for $10 Million for Killing Unarmed Rioter

Police use pepper spray without having a gas mask on all the time.
Not in a hallway when they are an individual fighting an angry mob trying to breach the hallway, with nowhere to escape. Uh, no, no they don't. Stop being cute and cherry picking.

Not in a hallway when they are an individual fighting an angry mob trying to breach the hallway, with nowhere to escape. Uh, no, no they don't. Stop being cute and cherry picking.
Oh, so now it's an "individual" fighting an angry mob? So it's 200 "individuals" all fighting by themselves against overwhelming odds? Now you're getting absurd. Nowhere to escape? There are literally dozens of tunnels that lead from the Capital building to other surrounding buildings.

Of that number, Fort...how many do you think had serious injuries? A dozen?
So do you think, had they not then fled from the violent mob to regroup and reinforce, there would have been:

1)fewer injured officers
2) the exact same number injured of officers
3) more injured officers

Pretty easy.

Oh, so now it's an "individual" fighting an angry mob?
Uh, in that video, that's correct. Dude, you are getting pretty desperate. How many cops did you see, there? Maybe 2, standing between the mob and the shelter of the congresspeople? This is just getting silly, now.

So do you think, had they not then fled from the violent mob to regroup and reinforce, there would have been:

1)fewer injured officers
2) the exact same number injured of officers
3) more injured officers

Pretty easy.
What I "think" is if the leadership of the Capital Police had done a better job of preparing for what they had been warned was a protest that could very well turn violent, then far fewer of their officers would have been hurt and the Capital Building would have never been breached.

What I "think" is if the leadership of the Capital Police had done a better job of preparing for what they had been warned was a protest that could very well turn violent, then far fewer of their officers would have been hurt and the Capital Building would have never been breached.
I think that's a fair point. They were clearly ill-prepared. But remember what you are saying: they were unprepared for something terrible. The blame still mostly goes to the angry mob for the events of that day.

I think that's a fair point. They were clearly ill-prepared. But remember what you are saying: they were unprepared for something terrible. The blame still mostly goes to the angry mob for the events of that day.
Something terrible? It was a mob of a couple hundred people who broke into the Capital Building! There is no way on earth that small number of protesters should have been able to do what they did unless one of two things took place. Either the Capital Police leadership grossly mishandled the information they had prior to the protest...or leadership somewhere up the chain of command WANTED something "terrible' to happen!

Something terrible? It was a mob of a couple hundred people who broke into the Capital Building!
It was more than a couple hundred. STOP MAKING UP LIES TO DRESS UP YOUR POINTS. You keep doing that.

And yes, the events of that day were terrible. And the blame goes first to the mob and second to the people that put the delusions in their heads intentionally. AFTER we sort that out, we will worry about the Capitol Police not being prepared for an angry mob of 1000s of people breaking into the Capitol and ending our streak of peaceful transition of power.

It was more than a couple hundred. STOP MAKING UP LIES TO DRESS UP YOUR POINTS. You keep doing that.

And yes, the events of that day were terrible. And the blame goes first to the mob and second to the people that put the delusions in their heads intentionally. AFTER we sort that out, we will worry about the Capitol Police not being prepared for an angry mob of 1000s of people breaking into the Capitol and ending our streak of peaceful transition of power.
1000's of people DID NOT break into the Capital Building, Fort! You are so clueless about what really took place there that day that it borders on farce!

1000's of people DID NOT break into the Capital Building, Fort! You are so clueless about what really took place there that day that it borders on farce!
It's not just about the number that got inside the building. It's the number that breached the Capitol. 550 arrested so far, hundreds more in the pipeline. Yes, it was, indeed, 1000s of people who stormed the Capitol. You keep trying to downplay it. We both know why. This is a farce of a discussion.

You and I literally paid him to do the job of shooting her.
And, thankfully, in this instance the American taxpayer got their money's worth.
Praise Jesus
--------------------------------------------------------
What I "think" is if the leadership of the Capital Police had done a better job ...... then far fewer of their officers would have been hurt and the Capital Building would have never been breached.
Gotcha. Those damn 'leaders' shoulda coulda been more insightful.
But just like at 9/11.....surprises will, well, surprise.

But once we've chastised the leadership...who does that leave us with to parcel out the rest of the blame?
Well, I for one would suggest that those Jackass Patriots, Fatboy Militias (some posters here call 'em gay) and the Duped & Snookered......will grab a lion's share of the blame.
But that's just me.

------------------------------------------------------
"It was a mob of a couple hundred people who broke into the Capital Building!"
I know, I know, arithmetic is hard.
But, if one reads slowly, and takes their time, they can comprehend that the authorities have reported at least 900 of the couple hundred grievance-ridden ne'er-do-wells illegally entered the People' House, where some of them smeared their poop on the walls, while others trashed offices and furniture.
Hell, near 600 of the 'couple hundred' have been arrested and charged.
Math is hard.
We are sympathetic.

It's not just about the number that got inside the building. It's the number that breached the Capitol. 550 arrested so far, hundreds more in the pipeline. Yes, it was, indeed, 1000s of people who stormed the Capitol. You keep trying to downplay it. We both know why. This is a farce of a discussion.
1000's of people protested AT the Capital...100's BREACHED the Capital! Do you not grasp the difference? As for who's been arrested? Some who were...were not even AT the Capital but were arrested for alleged conspiracy! You keep trying to make this something that it never was...and we both know why!

And, thankfully, in this instance the American taxpayer got their money's worth.
Praise Jesus
--------------------------------------------------------

Gotcha. Those damn 'leaders' shoulda coulda been more insightful.
But just like at 9/11.....surprises will, well, surprise.

But once we've chastised the leadership...who does that leave us with to parcel out the rest of the blame?
Well, I for one would suggest that those Jackass Patriots, Fatboy Militias (some posters here call 'em gay) and the Duped & Snookered......will grab a lion's share of the blame.
But that's just me.

------------------------------------------------------

I know, I know, arithmetic is hard.
But, if one reads slowly, and takes their time, they can comprehend that the authorities have reported at least 900 of the couple hundred grievance-ridden ne'er-do-wells illegally entered the People' House, where some of them smeared their poop on the walls, while others trashed offices and furniture.
Hell, near 600 of the 'couple hundred' have been arrested and charged.
Math is hard.
We are sympathetic.
People have been arrested that never stepped foot inside of the Capital. Show me where you got the number of 900 people who illegally entered the Capital?

I find it disturbing that anyone praises Jesus that an unarmed protester was shot in the neck. Who does that?

"Show me where you got the number of 900 people who illegally entered the Capital?"

Got busy day ahead getting ready for planting, so will hafta google the reference that I got that number from later.

But before I spend any more time on such.....I did find some really interesting stuff about the Jackass Patriots and the Duped&Snookered who participated in the invasion and the assaults. (ps....poor dead Babbitt, is in the Duped & Snookered contingent, in my humble opinion.
'Stupidity is not bulletproof.' From a bumper sticker seen at WalMart. I think.)

Here' a taster:

"The evidence showed that the assailants launched a large and coordinated attack; for example, "Security camera footage near the House chamber shows the rioters waving in reinforcements to come around the corner. Another video shows more than 150 rioters charging through a breached entrance in just a minute-and-a-half."[238] (Wicki)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 phone, 12,000 pages of evidence
The documents highlight just how much digital evidence an ordinary person sheds in everyday life: In one case, prosecutors said they gathered more than 12,000 pages of data from a suspect’s phone using Cellebrite, a tool popular with law enforcement for its ability to penetrate locked phones and copy their contents. The search also recovered 2,600 pages of Facebook records and 800 cellphone photos and videos.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The FBI also has been aided by the online army of self-proclaimed “sedition hunters,” like the one who helped identify Caldwell. They scoured the Web for clues to track down rioters and often tweeted their findings publicly in what amounted to a crowdsourced investigation of the Capitol attack. The citizen sleuths organized their pursuits with hashtags: One man, Clayton Mullins, a Kentucky car dealer whose alleged assault of a police officer was captured on YouTube video, was given the viral hashtag “#slickback” for the way he wore his hair.

From that video, a tipster pointed the FBI to Mullins’s Kentucky driver’s license photo, which allowed FBI investigators to figure out where he had a bank account, according to a criminal complaint. In February, an agent talked to a bank employee, who not only told them Mullins had been there a day before but queued up surveillance video of him talking to a teller, wearing no mask and with his dark hair pushed back in that signature slick.

Mullins, whose attorney declined to comment, was released from federal custody last month on the condition that he not leave his home in western Kentucky, court filings show. His detention will be enforced by a location-tracking GPS monitor.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/04/02/capitol-siege-arrests-technology-fbi-privacy/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Justice Department said at least 165 defendants have been charged with assaulting, resisting, or impeding officers or employees, including more than 50 who were charged with using a deadly or dangerous weapon or causing serious bodily injury to an officer. (emphasis by my avatar)

In total, CBS News has found that more than 150 officers were injured in the attack, according to sources on Capitol Hill and the Capitol Police union, as well as testimony from Metropolitan Police Chief Robert Contee.

Nearly 235 defendants were charged with corruptly obstructing, influencing, or impeding an official proceeding or attempting to do so, and approximately 40 defendants have been charged with conspiracy, a charge that alleges defendants coordinated with others to commit an offense. They include four alleged Three Percenters, 16 Oath Keepers who were indicted together in a single conspiracy case and 15 members or affiliates of the Proud Boys, who were charged in four separate conspiracy cases."

(from CBS on July 29th, 2021)

Forum List

Back