U.S./Canada travel is not bouncing back. And officials on both sides of the border are worried

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Canada is hurt exponentially worse from this decline. If not for the U.S and job investment here, Canada would be bankrupt within weeks.

Crossing the Peace Bridge on Canada Day or Fourth of July, a decadeslong tradition for people on both sides of the border, remains a complicated challenge this holiday weekend.

The Canadian government last week extended until Sept. 30 a requirement for visitors to complete its confusing ArriveCan app for Covid-19 concerns, and as a result, the summer tourism season appears doomed for the third year in a row. Reluctant travelers, it seems, just don't want to deal with ArriveCan.

Now, officials and stakeholders in Buffalo, Fort Erie, Ontario, Niagara Falls, N.Y., and Niagara Falls, Ontario, as well as across the 3,000-mile boundary, are voicing concerns that approach outrage. Local economies depending on cross-border traffic, they say, continue to suffer because of restrictions that long ago became unnecessary as Covid-19 levels ease.

Niagara Falls, one of the world's most popular tourist attractions, still marks anemic cross-border visits because of requirements that include entering vaccination status and exact travel destinations into the app. The Peace Bridge Authority and Niagara Falls Bridge Commission report plummeting revenues from traffic levels that are about half of pre-pandemic 2019. Ditto for duty free stores. And many travelers eager to renew normal visits across the border simply look at other alternatives, put off by Ottawa's continuing requirements.

Nothing personal to the Canadians, but I wouldn't bother going through all the hassle to cross the border. Niagara Falls can be seen from the American side.

Canada's officials are only 'officially' worried.

This has been coming for a few years now.

Canada is hurt exponentially worse from this decline. If not for the U.S and job investment here, Canada would be bankrupt within weeks.

Crossing the Peace Bridge on Canada Day or Fourth of July, a decadeslong tradition for people on both sides of the border, remains a complicated challenge this holiday weekend.

The Canadian government last week extended until Sept. 30 a requirement for visitors to complete its confusing ArriveCan app for Covid-19 concerns, and as a result, the summer tourism season appears doomed for the third year in a row. Reluctant travelers, it seems, just don't want to deal with ArriveCan.

Now, officials and stakeholders in Buffalo, Fort Erie, Ontario, Niagara Falls, N.Y., and Niagara Falls, Ontario, as well as across the 3,000-mile boundary, are voicing concerns that approach outrage. Local economies depending on cross-border traffic, they say, continue to suffer because of restrictions that long ago became unnecessary as Covid-19 levels ease.

Niagara Falls, one of the world's most popular tourist attractions, still marks anemic cross-border visits because of requirements that include entering vaccination status and exact travel destinations into the app. The Peace Bridge Authority and Niagara Falls Bridge Commission report plummeting revenues from traffic levels that are about half of pre-pandemic 2019. Ditto for duty free stores. And many travelers eager to renew normal visits across the border simply look at other alternatives, put off by Ottawa's continuing requirements.
With the looming economic crises on the way its probably going to get worse. Too many detrimental things going on to keep tourism healthy in many locations.

With the looming economic crises on the way its probably going to get worse. Too many detrimental things going on to keep tourism healthy in many locations.

Canadas police state is greatly damaged without U.S subsidies.

Please, for the sake of the starving covert Security Industrial Complex, head over the border to Canada and do your part.

Canadas police state is greatly damaged without U.S subsidies.

Please, for the sake of the starving covert Security Industrial Complex, head over the border to Canada and do your part.
I reported you to the mounties as a risk of becoming violent.
Surprisingly, I got a call back within about 10 minutes saying you were known to police, but thanks, etc. Whoever called back didn't offer any other details and I didn't ask.

They are probably going to appreciate the lack of travel soon enough in the big cities.

Last year's per capita infection rates were practically double the previous year's rate.

So far this year it looks to be a little worse than last winter's infection rate...not as much of an increase but still a significant increase. We will know more concretely as the school year begins...as the super spreaders....I mean Children....go back to school and as people head back into the offices for work related reasons.

The rates of infection really take off after October and get vertical during the holidays. Just to die off after the new year. This is the lowest part of the year unless you are in a southern state that makes people seek air conditioning. They get a little bump during the heat of the summer.

I reported you to the mounties as a risk of becoming violent.
Surprisingly, I got a call back within about 10 minutes saying you were known to police, but thanks, etc. Whoever called back didn't offer any other details and I didn't ask.

Contact TPS, OPP and Peel Region too. If I were so inclined, I could provide you with the identity of some plain clothed cops, who apparently don't know how much I know about them or their "secret" (shhhh) activities.

God willing, American, European and Asian authorities and government have taken the details I have provided them regarding our police, always at a time and method of my choosing; with the attention and sincerity it deserves.

Canadian police represent a National Security threat to Canada AND America. I would take a polygraph or swear under oath to this effect. Creepy activities against our most young and vulnerable, at great cost to our economy and global reputation; all to benefit some dishonest cowards and their low performing lineage.

Forum List

Back