U.S attorney general Barr likens stay-at-home orders to slavery

Libs are the party of slavery and segregation

Southern Democrats in Congress were always Conservatives. Few people owned slaves fewer still owned large number of slaves.

Few people owned slaves. Thats true.

Slave owners were not libs. Libs were the abolitionist, like Lincoln.
Wrong. The abolitionists were Christian conservatives. The Democratic Party is the party of slavery, you can’t hide that fact. Even today the Dems support China and their use of slave labor.

The traditions of slavery go back to pre-history and is accepted in the bible. The Southern Conservative slave owners were steeped in Christianity as well. The Abolitionist ideals were progressive as well as liberal.

Yes, and there's noting liberal about the Democrat party. You are authoritarian leftists.

Also, the opposition to slavery was rooted in Christianity as well

Liberal believe that the people should rule themselves, not Kings or Dictators for Life. We are a liberal Democracy. Both parties have folks with authoritarian tenancies. Banana Republicans are exponentially worse.

How many slaves did Jesus free? How many times did he speak out against it? Slavery and the slave class was just an accepted part of civilization for much longer than civilization has not accepted it.

We? LOL. The last thing you are is a liberal, you're an authoritarian leftist. I'm a liberal. We have nothing in common.

Liberals believe in individual freedom. You believe in elitism for your all powerful rulers backed by mob rule. There is nothing liberal about you at all

Goose stepping Banana Republicans like to claim they are real liberals. We are a liberal democracy because our Constitution declares the people have the right to rule themselves, not some King on high or powerful, wealthy groups of elitist vying for control of the information age.
Do you support mandated mask wearing and businesses being ordered to shut down?

The Feds don't have the authority to do either of those things. However I do support wearing masks in public where may you come in close contact, and spread your germs to others. I never supported shuttering small shops while letting corporate giants operate.
I didn’t say anything about the Feds, although Joe Biden has promised nationwide mask and lockdown mandates if he deems it necessary. I don’t care if you “support wearing masks”, I asked if you supported mandates forcing them.
You won’t answer the question directly, which means you are full of shit when you say you aren’t for some King or high elites controlling us.

Like I said it's up to the States, mostly the Governors, and sometimes like in Texas it's been left up to the locals. I support states rights to determine what is best for the citizens of their state. Joe said he's like to but, he knows the limits of federal power.
So you do support such mandates from governors, or “kings” as you put it.

Why do you think an elected official is a King. I accept his authority to make such an order or to delegate that authority to local mayors or county judges to make the determination as needed. It's not like mask and shelter in place orders are anything new.

Because being an elected official doesn't give you the legitimate power to make decrees over your citizens. It gives you the specified powers of the job and that isn't one of them

Only you are saying, like a lemming, DBA, no one could stop CV19.

What you don't get is that Trump failed and could have done far more.

How dare the op claim Attorney General Barr is "living in a fantasy world" when his Democrat Party spent $45,000,000.00 on 19 Trump haters to find any thing to oust President Trump, who fairly won the Presidential election in 2020, and from a demonic session held in the Oval Office on Barack Obama's last day in office, deep staters decided they wouldn't rest until they ousted him from office by any means possible.

Not only that, but Attorney William Barr is the most qualified for doing the right thing in the Justice Department. And he has done it fairly with justice aforethought.

This thread is nothing but the supreme trolling in place of objectively negotiating terms of give-and-take decision-making the leftists have tried to accomplish by nefarious means in addition to the most staged vindictive lies and portrayals to fit the Democrat false narrative to push anti-Christ hate on members of the Republican party includi g Comma-lah's threat for Democrats to go after Republicans by any means possible, and Antifa and the BLM's acts and inflicted murders/maimings of police officers who disallow Democrat murderers from the crime of murder.

Whites in this country have no conception of what slavery is like. Barr sure as hell doesn't know, they should read some books or read the slave narratives to know what slavery was like.

This shows how out of touch this Administration is. They are belittling slavery by comparing it to stay at home orders. Stay at home orders are meant to help people.

This just shows how out-of-touch and Unamerican the leftists are. They are belittling loss of freedom by screaming, "Slavery is sacred, you can't EVER compare it to anything!!! And how DARE you object to us disrupting and destroying your lives when we've decided it's what's best for you?!!!"

Btw, were you aware - and I ask that rhetorically, since I know you're too historically illiterate to know anything - that slaveowners in the antebellum South claimed that slavery was in the best interests of blacks because they were being taken care of? Interesting how much you sound like them.

Staying at home is slavery? How out of touch must you be to compare lounging at home to slaves. What kind of fantasy world do they live in? Seriously, you don't get much uglier than Trump and his bunch.

How out-of-touch must YOU be to think that slavery is evil only because of the hard work? What kind of amoral world do YOU live in? Slavery is evil because of humans being owned and controlled as property, with no independence or free agency, you moron. So yeah, if you're forcing people to sit at home when they need and want to work and earn money and take care of their families and their own interests, you are making them slaves.

Try thinking with something other than your own laziness.

Why don't you try thinking. Money can't buy your health. Stay at home orders should be utilized if it is medically necessary. What happens to your family if you die. You are a moron.

"Money can't buy your health" is what spoiled, entitled people living in the richest country in the world say to indicate that they've never bothered to learn what conditions are like in poor countries. In fact, the wealth of this nation - and others in Western civilization - has bought us longer lifespans, better nutrition, immunity from diseases that used to be dreaded plagues, the ability to live safely in places that would have been hazardous wastelands to our forebears, and the ability to sit on our asses in comfy chairs and whine about how we can't live our normal lives until we have a 100% guarantee of safety in all things.

As for "what happens to your family if you die", the answer is "It's not if, but when". EVERYONE dies eventually. You can't stop it; at best, you can delay it for a while. What would happen to my family if I died from Covid-19 is the exact same thing that will happen to them WHEN I die of a car accident, or get killed by a rioting leftist, or drop dead from a heart attack, or dribble away in a nursing home when I'm 90, or whatever it is that eventually gets me. Because SOMETHING will get me someday, and refusing to live my life and work at my job and provide for my family is not going to change that basic fact of human existence.

Staying at home is slavery? How out of touch must you be to compare lounging at home to slaves. What kind of fantasy world do they live in? Seriously, you don't get much uglier than Trump and his bunch.
Barr's statement is idiotic. "Massa, I doan wanna werk dat cotton fiel." "Ok, Pomey, go home and rest up until you feel better."

You left out one component.

A lot of people are being paid to stay home. Through unemployment. They were paid an extra 600 a week on top of their unemployment for several months.

When was a slave ever paid for their labor? When was a slave ever paid to not work?

barr and these republicans have a very strange idea of what slavery is.

They're just pushing people's outrage button by using the word. This is no comparison to slavery. It's not kinda like slavery. It's not just below slavery.
Barr's actual statement was, "greatest intrusion on civil liberties since slavery"

It's funny watching rich white people complaining about their loss of privilege equivalent to slavery. The ability to be able to physically distance is a privilege, because alot of the poor are unable to do so, due to living conditions. On top of that, there never really was a lockdown, because you could always go out where you wanted if you wear a mask when near other people indoors.

But just as important: at the same time, Barr likened career DOJ prosecutors to preschoolers.

It's funny watching spoiled white people play at championing the historical victimhood of black people, and insist that they're benefiting black people.

It becomes less funny when you spew lies and deliberate misinterpretations in order to further your racist power grab.

"There was no lockdown. Never mind that all the businesses are closed and that people have been arrested and fined and harassed by the government for going about their business; it's all an evil lie spread by the Republicans! You've been able to do whatever you want the whole time!"

Even you are not stupid enough to believe this, which makes you nearly as dishonest as you are ignorant.

Cecilie1200 is such fun to read. You have the freedom of speech to look unpatriotic when you laud Robert E. Lee than get your fanny spanked. She does not understand the poor and lower health classes in America do not have the health care of better of Americans (and she does not care). Her lies and deliberate misinterpretations pathetizes her character here.

Funny considering white have no idea what slavery is as a slave.

You have no clue either. And yes, whites have been slaves.

I am not a white man, I am an Afro American, true conservative, and right of center. White people do not know what it is to be slaves in this country and have their rights denied to them. They have and still are the oppressors

I know who you are. Whites were denied their rights and slaves in the roman empire. The only oppressor is in your victim mind.

Whites have never been denied rights in this country because of their whiteness.
If you don't deal with what has hurt you, then you will bleed on those who never cut you.

In this case you are an overly privileged black American and embarrassing slave to those who actually did cut your ancestors, including Africans.

I am not a white man, I am an Afro American, true conservative, and right of center. White people do not know what it is to be slaves in this country and have their rights denied to them. They have and still are the oppressors

Tell that to the millions of sex slave workers around the world that also include this damn country!

I just love it when Blacks believe slavery is dead and gone when it is alive and well and slavery does not know any border or skin color!

Now call me a damn liar while making yourself look like a ignorant ass fool and you are not oppressed in today time no more so than any Asian, Hispanic, Native American or poor ass white person!

Barr seems to have gone completely political,
is it really ok to just work for the people who support your party? shouldn't people in power work in the best interest of all Americans.

Yes.
Have they ever?

Sure they have. Many still do. The thing to remember is that, even when people in power genuinely want to work in the public interest, they're still people. Their perspective on what constitutes the public interest is going to be highly colored by their personal worldview. Once upon a time, the system - and basic courtesy - could compensate for those differences of worldview. Now, some people seem to believe that any system which doesn't enshrine their personal worldview as objective, ultimate good should be smashed rather than allow those who disagree with them to have a say.

is it really ok to just work for the people who support your party? shouldn't people in power work in the best interest of all Americans.

Yes.
Have they ever?

Sure they have. Many still do. The thing to remember is that, even when people in power genuinely want to work in the public interest, they're still people. Their perspective on what constitutes the public interest is going to be highly colored by their personal worldview. Once upon a time, the system - and basic courtesy - could compensate for those differences of worldview. Now, some people seem to believe that any system which doesn't enshrine their personal worldview as objective, ultimate good should be smashed rather than allow those who disagree with them to have a say.

Unfortunately today system is broken and neither side has a clue how to fix it and can not ever compromise...

Democrats want all the Glory and Republicans want all the Glory and neither one can say “ Hey 51% of what I wanted is better than nothing “ or “ being the minority party and getting 49% is better than nothing “...

When you had Reid and now McConnell sitting on House Bills not allowing a vote or mere discussion then you must ask is the Senate dysfunctional?

Can not get any relief bill done but House leadership is threatening Impeachment once again to stop a USSC Appointment...

I mean come on people let look at reality here are neither political parties working for the people or just the select few that pad their pockets?

Yes.
Have they ever?

Unfortunately today system is broken and neither side has a clue how to fix it and can not ever compromise...

Democrats want all the Glory and Republicans want all the Glory and neither one can say “ Hey 51% of what I wanted is better than nothing “ or “ being the minority party and getting 49% is better than nothing “...

When you had Reid and now McConnell sitting on House Bills not allowing a vote or mere discussion then you must ask is the Senate dysfunctional?

Can not get any relief bill done but House leadership is threatening Impeachment once again to stop a USSC Appointment...

I mean come on people let look at reality here are neither political parties working for the people or just the select few that pad their pockets?
Well I'd say the pos that are going to try to eliminate health care for millions, pre existing conditions, and women's right to choose should be hung ,,and I'd bring the ropes Might not hold those fat pieces of shit trump and barr so I'd bring 2

You're too smart to be a conservative

Forum List

Back