U.N. Predicts Disaster if Global Warming Not Checked

What is it that keeps the solar wind from blowing the atmosphere away, Gorilla Glue?

The magnetosphere protects the planet from charged particles. The ionosphere protects it from radiation.

https://www.quora.com/Are-the-solar-winds-stripping-away-Earths-atmosphere-and-if-so-at-what-rate

Solar wind stripping has probably been overestimated as a mechanism for atmospheric loss. It’s true that Mars has no magnetic field and it now has a very thin atmosphere, but it’s also true that Venus has a much weaker field than Earth’s field and it has a very dense atmosphere.

What is it that keeps the solar wind from blowing the atmosphere away, Gorilla Glue?

The magnetosphere protects the planet from charged particles. The ionosphere protects it from radiation.

https://www.quora.com/Are-the-solar-winds-stripping-away-Earths-atmosphere-and-if-so-at-what-rate

Solar wind stripping has probably been overestimated as a mechanism for atmospheric loss. It’s true that Mars has no magnetic field and it now has a very thin atmosphere, but it’s also true that Venus has a much weaker field than Earth’s field and it has a very dense atmosphere.
Didn't ask you that, Mr. Goalpost Mover....What keeps the atmosphere from blowing away?

"The Physical Science Basis" at www.ipcc.ch is most assuredly a scientific argument - one that you have never brought one iota of science to counter. And consensus means a great deal - it is patently obvious why deniers always say it doesn't - because they've never had it and never will. When less than one percent of practicing scientists agree with your position, it REALLY is time to consider the possibility that you might be WRONG.

Havent you been keeping up ?
its to late to do anything
I mean the science was already settled
June 29, 1989
UNITED NATIONS (AP) _ A senior U.N. environmental official says entire nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth by rising sea levels if the global warming trend is not reversed by the year 2000.
How could you possibly argue with A senior UN official who is listening to the "science"
you cant do anything
NOT even paper straws can save YOU NOW

you cant really argue with a true believer
at times their faith can be downright fanatical .
watermelon fascists
derp

"The Physical Science Basis" at www.ipcc.ch is most assuredly a scientific argument - one that you have never brought one iota of science to counter. And consensus means a great deal - it is patently obvious why deniers always say it doesn't - because they've never had it and never will. When less than one percent of practicing scientists agree with your position, it REALLY is time to consider the possibility that you might be WRONG.

June 29, 1989
UNITED NATIONS (AP) _ A senior U.N. environmental official says entire nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth by rising sea levels if the global warming trend is not reversed by the year 2000.
How could you possibly argue with A senior UN official who is listening to the "science"
you cant do anything

watermelon fascists
derp

Your reply has nothing to do with anything I posted - it is snide drivel - and certainly no counter to my claim that deniers here do not bring science into the argument. The IPCC reports are the best assessments of the climate science literature.

YOU are the one that seems to be arguing from a position based solely on faith.

What do you believe will blow it away?
Mars and The Moon come to mind

No, they do not. The original claim was that it was the solar wind but that doesn't hold up.

This is all to defend Billy Bob's idiotic claim that the Earth's magnetic field is what holds the atmosphere in place. SSDD has tried to convince us that Billy meant to say "prevents it from being stripped off by the solar wind". But besides his several other statements equating gravity and magnetism, Billy attempted to defend his statements re magnetism and the atmosphere in several posts and never mentioned such a defense. This is all bullshit.

Billy Bob's claim to be working on a doctorate in physics is an absolute lie. The man doesn't possess the physics knowledge of a grade school student. And that anyone should pay ANY attention to the bizarro-world ranting of SSDD is a de facto condemnation of the state of science education in this country.

PETER JAMES SPIELMANN

we better hurry up we're running out of time
2008-06-12-ABC-GMA-globalwarming2.JPG

June 29, 1989

Coastal flooding and crop failures would create an exodus of ″eco- refugees,′ ′ threatening political chaos, said Noel Brown, director of the New York office of the U.N. Environment Program, or UNEP.

He said governments have a 10-year window of opportunity to solve the greenhouse effect before it goes beyond human control.

As the warming melts polar icecaps, ocean levels will rise by up to three feet, enough to cover the Maldives and other flat island nations, Brown told The Associated Press in an interview on Wednesday.

Coastal regions will be inundated; one-sixth of Bangladesh could be flooded, displacing a fourth of its 90 million people. A fifth of Egypt’s arable land in the Nile Delta would be flooded, cutting off its food supply, according to a joint UNEP and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency study.

″Ecological refugees will become a major concern, and what’s worse is you may find that people can move to drier ground, but the soils and the natural resources may not support life. Africa doesn’t have to worry about land, but would you want to live in the Sahara?″ he said.

UNEP estimates it would cost the United States at least $100 billion to protect its east coast alone.
Shifting climate patterns would bring back 1930s Dust Bowl conditions to Canadian and U.S. wheatlands, while the Soviet Union could reap bumper crops if it adapts its agriculture in time, according to a study by UNEP and the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.

Excess carbon dioxide is pouring into the atmosphere because of humanity’s use of fossil fuels and burning of rain forests, the study says. The atmosphere is retaining more heat than it radiates, much like a greenhouse.

The most conservative scientific estimate that the Earth’s temperature will rise 1 to 7 degrees in the next 30 years, said Brown.

The difference may seem slight, he said, but the planet is only 9 degrees warmer now than during the 8,000-year Ice Age that ended 10,000 years ago.

Brown said if the warming trend continues, ″the question is will we be able to reverse the process in time? We say that within the next 10 years, given the present loads that the atmosphere has to bear, we have an opportunity to start the stabilizing process.″

read it all here ......i drowned on the F train in 2009

So Global Warming isn’t a problem anymore?

Great I can tell Maimi to stop all flooding mitigation efforts.

The Earth is always warming and cooling due to cycles of the SUN. If Miami floods, that is likely to blame.

According to your sun god we should be in a minimun cycle now.

So, why are we warming?

June 29, 1989
you cant do anything

watermelon fascists
derp

Very astute post. We know that if the United States disappeared from the face of the earth tomorrow, temps would be lower by 0.1 degrees by 2100. Given that, the debate in this forum really is st00pid!:2up:

So, why are we warming?

According to SSDD, as far as I can make out, the CO2 we are adding to the atmosphere has made the atmosphere heavier which is making it compress and warm up. The numbers don't work out, but that is because scientists set this hoax up long ago and lied about the relative mass of the air and CO2 and the actual value of absolute zero. Einstein and Planck were in on it and all the scientists on the planet have been getting paid off by a secret trust fund that the liberal commie FDR set up to pay them off till such time as the American economy could be destroyed and the Russkies could just walk in and take our women.

Zazdarovje!

June 29, 1989
you cant do anything

watermelon fascists
derp

Your reply has nothing to do with anything I posted - it is snide drivel - and certainly no counter to my claim that deniers here do not bring science into the argument. The IPCC reports are the best assessments of the climate science literature.

YOU are the one that seems to be arguing from a position based solely on faith.
post one paragraph from the IPCC report that backs your claim or you are an admitted liar.

So, why are we warming?

According to SSDD, as far as I can make out, the CO2 we are adding to the atmosphere has made the atmosphere heavier which is making it compress and warm up. The numbers don't work out, but that is because scientists set this hoax up long ago and lied about the relative mass of the air and CO2 and the actual value of absolute zero. Einstein and Planck were in on it and all the scientists on the planet have been getting paid off by a secret trust fund that the liberal commie FDR set up to pay them off till such time as the American economy could be destroyed and the Russkies could just walk in and take our women.

Zazdarovje!
are you saying CO2 makes the surface warmer? how? explain it. where's that experiment that shows CO2 warmer than the air.

So, why are we warming?

Zazdarovje!
are you saying CO2 makes the surface warmer? how? explain it. where's that experiment that shows CO2 warmer than the air.

My pleasure.

On the causal structure between CO<sub>2</sub> and global temperature

So, why are we warming?

Zazdarovje!

My pleasure.

give me the abstract that proves it. BTW, Causal isn't proof. observation is. so post the abstract of observation.

And then there is this zinger:

" typically climate models are used to predict the expected responses to external forcing and then the consistency of this response pattern is evaluated with respect to different components of the climate system1."

Do you know the difference between model and observed? no you don't, it was rhetorical.

Excellent. You should point that link out to SSDD so he can give you an accurate analysis of the work (hee hee hee). It looks as if it answers a great many of his demands but, of course, he will reserve the right to throw it all out if it doesn't smell right. Y'knowwuddImean? ; - )

So, why are we warming?

Zazdarovje!

My pleasure.

give me the abstract that proves it. BTW, Causal isn't proof. observation is. so post the abstract of observation.

" typically climate models are used to predict the expected responses to external forcing and then the consistency of this response pattern is evaluated with respect to different components of the climate system1."

Do you know the difference between model and observed? no you don't, it was rhetorical.

And what do you observe at 411ppm in regard to warming?

CO2 Levels Break Another Record, Exceeding 411 Parts Per Million

Global Temperature | Vital Signs – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet

So, why are we warming?

Zazdarovje!

My pleasure.

so what is the temperature of 280PPM of CO2 and what is the temperature of 411PPM? can you answer that? rhetorical question I know.

Zazdarovje!

My pleasure.

so what is the temperature of 280PPM of CO2 and what is the temperature of 411PPM? can you answer that? rhetorical question I know.

The planet passed 280ppm in the 1940's, just look at the graph from NASA regarding temperature.

Which direction is it going?

My pleasure.

The planet passed 280ppm in the 1940's, just look at the graph from NASA regarding temperature.

Which direction is it going?
so which is warmer, 280ppm or 411ppm? you didn't answer. why do you think 411ppm is warmer than 280ppm?

Forum List

Back