Tyre Nichols body cam footage

Actually they do need a reason. The law in some states is very specific on that and non-specific in other states.

Pulling over a driver is not an arrest, but one is being detained. Police can not detain people without cause.

There are several examples of an arrest for committing a criminal act being being dismissed because an officer pulled over driver without cause.

Those are facts. Why do some people claim facts are “fake news?”

If the beating didn’t kill him, what did? Medical malpractice at the hospital?

Officers kicked him in the head as if they were attempting a 50 yard field goal, but first they beat him unconscious .
Again, those are facts. Why do some people call facts “fake news?”

There has been a post or two on this long thread about the impact cameras are having on policing.
And exposing bad policing.
This Memphis incident is a case in point.

And like the Floyd murder, and the LaQuan McDonald murder......it was camera footage that revealed to the public the reality of the situation. And, importantly, directly contradicted the official police reports of those incidents.

Today's New York Times has an excellent article on that subject.
See if you can open it in this link:

If you cannot, well, here's a taster:

As Officers Beat Tyre Nichols, a Crime-Prevention Camera Watched Over Them

A SkyCop camera in Memphis provided overhead footage that was instrumental in shaping the public’s understanding of what unfolded.

--------------------------

MEMPHIS — The body cameras worn by the Memphis police officers who stopped Tyre Nichols recorded his anguished cries and the conflicting orders that were virtually impossible for him to obey. As the officers punched and pepper-sprayed him, though, those cameras were often jostled, pointed away or dark.
But the residential street where the officers had caught up with Mr. Nichols after he ran from them on the night of Jan. 7 happened to have another camera trained on it, affixed to a utility pole in a white metal box with a bright blue light.
It was one of the hundreds of SkyCop cameras, as they are known, that the Memphis Police Department has installed around the city. It was watching from above, recording as Mr. Nichols was beaten and then as officers and medics delayed providing aid. He died three days later.
“Glory be to God that a SkyCop camera was there to catch what happened,” Van D. Turner Jr., the president of the Memphis branch of the N.A.A.C.P., said last week.

The overhead footage, publicly released on Friday along with some of the officers’ body camera videos, has been widely regarded as critical in shaping the public’s understanding of what unfolded after the police pulled over Mr. Nichols that night, by offering an unobstructed bird’s-eye view.

They did what they did all while knowing it was being filmed. In Baltimore a cop was busted and a corrupt system was exposed in the force when he filmed himself planting drugs.

They are trained this way. That's why people are protesting the police military training center in Atlanta.

You can question authority after the situation is over or end up like this loser. 99% of all suspect deaths by police are caused from people not listening to orders. We Republicans are pragmatic. The solution to this problem is simply do whatever the police tell you to do. But leftists don't like pragmatism because they are void common sense or logic. That's where the problem is.

I suppose if the cop demanded you drop and suck, you'd do it.

So, what you are saying is that people no longer want to be police officers since they cannot beat the shit out of people/kill with impunity?

Yes, he does. Ray is a badge bunny. He is TOTALLY in the satchel for police, his reverence for them bordering on religious worship. There is NOTHING they can do he would condemn. Ray will excuse ANY ACTION by police, including cold-blooded murder. I expect he would cheer cops herding Jews into boxcars.

Looks like LibStain Anti-Cop Anti-American Commee Vermin may be correct on this one? First time for everything.
Yes it appears the Cops beat him up (see Video 2), after he ran off (see Video 1).

The beating was AFTER he ran, AFTER he resisted, DURING continued resistance, AFTER he refused to be handcuffed.
After re-capture from running off. After forced to chase down him in an automobile. All avoidable.
All facts hidden or ignored or lied about over two days of postings....thereby muddying the waters.

Suggestions: Don't make Cops chase you down (once in car and then on foot).
Don't make them spend all day on a traffic stop, comply.
Don't make them stop your car in the middle of the road. Don't make them have to block in your car from escape.
Pay your fines and stay alive.

You cannot be this stupid.

In this case there was never attempt by the police to gain compliance or deescalate. The police wouldn’t allow the suspect to cooperate. Nichols had no opportunity to cooperate.

There was no communication from the officers to determine if Nichols was or was not cooperative. They simply dragged him out of his car and started brutalizing him. All he could was try to cover up.

Everyone here saying that Nichols was uncooperative would say the opposite if they or their kid was the victim here.

No, I honestly think that some people would actually excuse a bunch of bad cops murdering their own child in cold blood. Some people are THAT in the satchel for cops. They will excuse literally anything.

You cannot be this stupid.

No, I honestly think that some people would actually excuse a bunch of bad cops murdering their own child in cold blood. Some people are THAT in the satchel for cops. They will excuse literally anything.
I think it’s more than that. I think they’d view this differently if the victim was someone else.

I suppose if the cop demanded you drop and suck, you'd do it.

Why don't you grow up already. Like trying to have a serious discussion with an 11 year old. You people with the sucking off cop thing. If you're that hung up on homosexuality, get out of the closet already and you'll live a happier life.

Yes, he does. Ray is a badge bunny. He is TOTALLY in the satchel for police, his reverence for them bordering on religious worship. There is NOTHING they can do he would condemn. Ray will excuse ANY ACTION by police, including cold-blooded murder. I expect he would cheer cops herding Jews into boxcars.

What we can do is disable the police and let the criminals take charge of the streets like they do in Chicago where they can't even give foot pursuit of a criminal or in NYC where lowlifes dump buckets of water on police and they can't do a thing about it. Now both cities are losing people because crime got so out of control all people are concerned about is getting the hell out of these dangerous places.

if I'm so for police why did I say repeatedly in this thread the cop that kicked this guy in the head twice should be held on charges? Oh, that's right, because you leftists have a mind that stops you from reading things you don't want to see.

Why don't you grow up already. Like trying to have a serious discussion with an 11 year old. You people with the sucking off cop thing. If you're that hung up on homosexuality, get out of the closet already and you'll live a happier life.

What we can do is disable the police and let the criminals take charge of the streets like they do in Chicago where they can't even give foot pursuit of a criminal or in NYC where lowlifes dump buckets of water on police and they can't do a thing about it. Now both cities are losing people because crime got so out of control all people are concerned about is getting the hell out of these dangerous places.

if I'm so for police why did I say repeatedly in this thread the cop that kicked this guy in the head twice should be held on charges? Oh, that's right, because you leftists have a mind that stops you from reading things you don't want to see.
so hold the cop that kicked him accountable but not the other guys that held him down while he did that and held him up while he punched him in the head??

might as well ignore the whole thing,,

All the officers involved should be charged or held accountable for their role. Even the ones who stood there with their hands in the pockets watching. They failed to perform their duty as well.

so hold the cop that kicked him accountable but not the other guys that held him down while he did that and held him up while he punched him in the head??

might as well ignore the whole thing,,

I don't recall the part of them holding up the guy and getting punched in the head. Care to give a time stamp on that? The guys that were holding him down while the cop kicked him in the head had no idea that's what he was going to do. They were just struggling to try and subdue him so I don't hold them accountable for that.

I don't recall the part of them holding up the guy and getting punched in the head. Care to give a time stamp on that? The guys that were holding him down while the cop kicked him in the head had no idea that's what he was going to do. They were just struggling to try and subdue him so I don't hold them accountable for that.
its in the video,, if you cant see it thats on you,,

as for the other cops,, well they did nothing and after when it was all over then they treated him like a dead dog while laughing and joking about it,,

Last edited:
its in the video,, if you cant see it thats on you,,

as for the other cops,, well they did nothing and after it was all over then they treated him like a dead dog while laughing and joking about it,,

I watched that video several times and other than the kicking cop and the cops struggling with Tyre, seen nothing wrong. The suspect was fighting and they had to use physical force to try and subdue him. That means tasing, pepper spray, and yes, using blows to the body to try and get him to surrender. That's why I asked for the video and time stamp of them holding up the guy to get punched in the head.

I watched that video several times and other than the kicking cop and the cops struggling with Tyre, seen nothing wrong. The suspect was fighting and they had to use physical force to try and subdue him. That means tasing, pepper spray, and yes, using blows to the body to try and get him to surrender. That's why I asked for the video and time stamp of them holding up the guy to get punched in the head.
watch the tim pool video I posted he slows it down and blows it up,, he hit him in the head at least two times and maybe a 3rd while the others held him up,,

I am all for good cops,, but all of these guys worked together and beat this man to death for no reason when they could have easily put him in cuffs or just held him down till he got tired,,

he was maybe 130lbs and the cops combined were closer to 1000lbs well built and trained,,

watch the tim pool video I posted he slows it down and blows it up,, he hit him in the head at least two times and maybe a 3rd while the others held him up,,

I am all for good cops,, but all of these guys worked together and beat this man to death for no reason when they could have easily put him in cuffs or just held him down till he got tired,,

he was maybe 130lbs and the cops combined were closer to 1000lbs well built and trained,,

This topic is 65 pages long and unless you can give me the post number, I can't spend the rest of the night looking for the video. YouTube is using the video to con people into signing up for their service. But I found this news report video so let me know what timestamp you are talking about here:

This topic is 65 pages long and unless you can give me the post number, I can't spend the rest of the night looking for the video. YouTube is using the video to con people into signing up for their service. But I found this news report video so let me know what timestamp you are talking about here:

how the fuck can you not see that at 3;48??

and thats even worse the more I see it,, right before that they are holding up in the sitting position while another cop hits him from behind with what I am guessing is a collapsible baton,,

youre one sick mother fucker to even try and defend this shit,,

my bad,, I count at least 5 times in the head while being held by the others,,

how the fuck can you not see that at 3;48??

and thats even worse the more I see it,, right before that they are holding up in the sitting position while another cop hits him from behind with what I am guessing is a collapsible baton,,

youre one sick mother fucker to even try and defend this shit,,

I can't see where he's hitting him at with the other cop in the way of the video, but the last three punches looks to me like body blows.

Forum List

Back