Type 2 Diabetes: Why Insulin Therapy Is So Difficult to Manage

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
insulin-injection.jpg

I don't know which is worse. Pricking my fingers to get my sugar blood level or pocking myself with the needle to inject the insulin.

If I could give you one piece of advice, it would be to avoid elevated glucose at all cost. If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with diabetes, you are probably familiar with what we call hemoglobin A1c. It is a measure of your average recent glucose levels. Do not let it go up. If you have come to the point that insulin is needed to maintain a healthy glucose level, so be it. It is not your fault that you have arrived at this point; you simply need the correct treatment for the actual stage of your Type 2 diabetes.

[snip]

Please don't despair; there is technology that can help you to adjust the dosage more frequently. Companies have developed technologies that enable insulin dosage to be as dynamic as needed to make it effective for you.

In summary, it is not your fault that you need insulin therapy. It is just another mode of therapy that you need when your pancreas fails. The main challenge is to adjust your dosage frequently. Fortunately, solutions are becoming available to facilitate this.

Full story @ Type 2 Diabetes: Why Insulin Therapy Is So Difficult to Manage

insulin-injection.jpg

I don't know which is worse. Pricking my fingers to get my sugar blood level or pocking myself with the needle to inject the insulin.

If I could give you one piece of advice, it would be to avoid elevated glucose at all cost. If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with diabetes, you are probably familiar with what we call hemoglobin A1c. It is a measure of your average recent glucose levels. Do not let it go up. If you have come to the point that insulin is needed to maintain a healthy glucose level, so be it. It is not your fault that you have arrived at this point; you simply need the correct treatment for the actual stage of your Type 2 diabetes.

[snip]

Please don't despair; there is technology that can help you to adjust the dosage more frequently. Companies have developed technologies that enable insulin dosage to be as dynamic as needed to make it effective for you.

In summary, it is not your fault that you need insulin therapy. It is just another mode of therapy that you need when your pancreas fails. The main challenge is to adjust your dosage frequently. Fortunately, solutions are becoming available to facilitate this.

Full story @ Type 2 Diabetes: Why Insulin Therapy Is So Difficult to Manage

My son was diagnosed with Type 1 Juvenile Diabetes, he almost died when I raced him to the hospital..it can take you down so fast..
He was in the hospital for a week..

8 years ago he was one of the first people to be in the artificial pancreas study at Stanford

I had to shoot a long needle into his skin which inserted a little wire that read his blood sugar and then talked to the insulin pump
The insulin pump then put in the correct amount of insulin.

It was great but the tape gave him horrible rashes and it was painful poor guy..

Anyway they should be coming out with a eye contact that does the same thing, I hope that they find the cure soon..
It can be a bummer for him..

I'm type 2 and take pills.
When our occupational health nurse saw what I was getting for breakfast, she was quick to comment on why I shouldn't be eating certain things.
She laughed when I told her I was just a little diabetic. She then responded with "tyco... that's like being a little pregnant" . :laugh:

I keep my A1C under 7. :)

Forum List

Back