Tying Stimulus to Vaccines

For or Against: Should we tie the next round of COVID relief direct payments to getting vaccinated

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good idea, lets see how quick the needle penetrates the tinfoil.
Nice.

My thing is this. Any 2 choice plank pretty much creates 4 scenarios.

You want the check but not the shot
You want the shot but not the check
You want both the shot and the check
You want neither the shot or the check

I think a winning position is this?

If the shot is made available in 1/1/2021 for example.
If you get the shot between 1/1/2021 to 6/1/2021, you get a stimulus check
After that....you can get the shot but no check.

The idea is to get the population inoculated. If it's framed that way...I think it works better. Just either/or is too coercive as far as it goes. My "no" is a soft no.
So you want Trump's vaccine?
I will take the vaccine. Trump gets no credit for it per your rule about Presidents not getting credit for anything they didn't do personally (re: Obama getting Osama). So sorry.
If Trump didn't get rid of the regulations we wouldn't have the vaccine. A democrat president wouldn't have done it. As to Obama getting bin laden, he waited over 6 months to give the go to kill him.

Speculation. The rule you created was that presidents don't get credit unless they physically did it. So the blob gets no credit at all. zippo.
He physically got rid of the regulations that hold back medicines, if he didn't do that. There would be no vaccine. Trump is the man!.

Sorry, he wasn't in the lab doing anything just like Obama gave the order to kill the #1 terrorist in the world but wasn't on the strike team. If we can't give Obama credit, we can't give your blob credit.

Hey, it's your rule. You should live with it. The Cheeto gets Cheet-no credit.
Well considering laden was on kidney dialysis when 911 happened, he was more than likely dead years before Obama killed him. If Trump didn't do what he did you would be complaining he didn't do anything. So when you get your dose of the vaccine, you can thank Trump for it.

Ahh, yet another conspiracy theory rears it's ugly head. I don't know why you hate the military and are accusing the Navy SEALs of lying about killing him. I guess you love the blob so much that tossing the military under the bus is no big deal.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
Soldiers will do what the president tells them to do. Liberals hate the military, and our soldier's. You brought the soldier's into this. The soldier's did as they were told and I commend them for it. The liar would be Obama.

Hello.

Smerconish had a great poll question on his site and I wanted to get our board's input.

Essentially it goes like this. When we have our second round of stimulus tie getting your direct payment from the Government to whether you have taken one of the vaccines. The amount being talked about is $1,500. For a family of four, that is $6,000.

www.Smerconish.com

I think it's a very stupid idea.

People have the right to choose what to put in their own body.

Not be blackmailed.

Hello.

Smerconish had a great poll question on his site and I wanted to get our board's input.

Essentially it goes like this. When we have our second round of stimulus tie getting your direct payment from the Government to whether you have taken one of the vaccines. The amount being talked about is $1,500. For a family of four, that is $6,000.

www.Smerconish.com
Sounds like a good idea to me. Otherwise half or more of these bloody tRumplings won't get it.

If stupid people want to not have the vaccine, I say let them not have it.

It's their body. Not anyone else's. The government has no right to blackmail people.

If the stupid far right wingers want to die from covid, I say let them.

The nation will be much better off.

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com
Sounds like a good idea to me. Otherwise half or more of these bloody tRumplings won't get it.

If stupid people want to not have the vaccine, I say let them not have it.

It's their body. Not anyone else's. The government has no right to blackmail people.

If the stupid far right wingers want to die from covid, I say let them.

The nation will be much better off.
I'd be fine with that, except that unvaccinated people put the whole population at risk. I say give them a few weeks to do the right thing, then round the rest up and give 'em their shots. National health over personal choice.

How do we prove we had the vaccine filling out an online application? It's a clever incentive, but #1) technically difficult to implement and #2) it will be summer, at least, before everyone can be immunized. Hopefully, they aren't waiting that long for the next stimulus check?

Screw how they are going to prove someone got the vaccine ... Where'd they get the money to write the fools a stimulus check ... :thup:
You live in a world of make believe money, that is tied to nothing more than expanding Governmental control.

Have the healthcare professional administering the vaccine sign off.
How?

Sign off on paperwork that needs to be submitted to get the stimulus. Or the healthcare professional could confirm a particular individual received the vaccine in database that the Treasury Department had access to.

The stimulus bill could carve out a HIPA exemption for this specific issue if there were any conflicts.

Or like with every medical practice, have the patient sign documents releasing that information to the government.

When anyone first goes to a doctor they fill out a ton of forms. One of them is giving that doctor permission to give your health records to the insurance company upon request. They say so that the bill can be paid if there's any questions by the insurance company.

The same can be done with the vaccine records.

Personally, I believe in choice. If a person doesn't want to get the vaccine they shouldn't have to.

After all this time of seeing the far right having no concern for anyone in this nation in regard to the virus, if they choose to not get the vaccine and die from the virus, that is their choice.

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com

I think it's a very stupid idea.

People have the right to choose what to put in their own body.

Not be blackmailed.
I am against it too

But nobody is forcing you to take the vaccine. Its just, if you do, you get a stimulus check

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com

why don’t you just give them full access to everything you have?

Why don't you explain what you mean?

Sure, take the Red pill or we don’t help you survive
Hello.

www.Smerconish.com

You want to force the underprivileged into taking the vaccine, so while you’re at it, just give them everything you have, that’s what this is about...

If you had read what I wrote I come down against the idea. But I thought it was interesting none the less.
I must have missed your sarcasm, I thought you said tie the check to proof of having the vaccination...

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com

You want to force the underprivileged into taking the vaccine, so while you’re at it, just give them everything you have, that’s what this is about...

If you had read what I wrote I come down against the idea. But I thought it was interesting none the less.
I must have missed your sarcasm, I thought you said tie the check to proof of having the vaccination...

I listen to Michael Smerconish quite often. He comes on as I am getting off work sometimes.. Schedule has been sort of erratic lately. He had a guest on that suggested killing two birds with one stone. To manage the pandemic (a novel thought to most Trump supporters), we need about 70% to become inoculated so it doesn't matter what the other 30% do. The higher the number...the better of course but if we get to that number, we can end the lockdowns, re-open the economy with confidence etc... Because if we did re-open theaters to pre covid precaution levels for example example, few would attend because you're sitting in a confined space for hours with people whose status is unknown to you. If you have been vaccinated, you're more confident. We also need to help those who have been forcibly laid off, furloughed, drowning in debt, etc... So this guy suggested the stimulus could be tied to getting the shot.

I come down against it but I'm soft in that position. On one hand, he is right. Also, we incentivize behavior all the time. So this doesn't violate any covenant that we hold sacred. On the other hand...it sets a very scary precedent (what's next...incentivizing selling organs?), it will almost certainly cause shortages, it will almost certainly lead to confrontations as the conspiracy culture turns its attention to this topic. And...it just seems ghoulish to me.

It wasn't sarcasm. Its' the old "re-tweets are not endorsements" thing I see on Twitter. I think its an interesting topic and I introduced it as such.

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com

I listen to Michael Smerconish quite often. He comes on as I am getting off work sometimes.. Schedule has been sort of erratic lately. He had a guest on that suggested killing two birds with one stone. To manage the pandemic (a novel thought to most Trump supporters), we need about 70% to become inoculated so it doesn't matter what the other 30% do. The higher the number...the better of course but if we get to that number, we can end the lockdowns, re-open the economy with confidence etc... Because if we did re-open theaters to pre covid precaution levels for example example, few would attend because you're sitting in a confined space for hours with people whose status is unknown to you. If you have been vaccinated, you're more confident. We also need to help those who have been forcibly laid off, furloughed, drowning in debt, etc... So this guy suggested the stimulus could be tied to getting the shot.

I come down against it but I'm soft in that position. On one hand, he is right. Also, we incentivize behavior all the time. So this doesn't violate any covenant that we hold sacred. On the other hand...it sets a very scary precedent (what's next...incentivizing selling organs?), it will almost certainly cause shortages, it will almost certainly lead to confrontations as the conspiracy culture turns its attention to this topic. And...it just seems ghoulish to me.

It wasn't sarcasm. Its' the old "re-tweets are not endorsements" thing I see on Twitter. I think its an interesting topic and I introduced it as such.

Candy we are at opposite ends of the spectrum with COVID-19...with a estimated 99% recovery rate, we don't tie stimulus checks to the vaccine at all, even the suggestion of this is in-humane to say the least...

Our reaction to this has been over the top...in time the facts will state the obvious, if Biden is ultimately certified as the winner, no one in their right mind is going to follow a mandatory mask mandate, we have a minimum of 70+ million Americans who will tell him no, and anymore suggestions to lockdown will put people in the streets to hang the idiot mandating this...

Today De blasio got his ass handed to him I read by the parents of New York City, Cuomo supposedly ripped him as well...

This charade is running out of steam, it's amazing that it has lasted this long...we all know it's only gone on this long because the Deep State, or what ever we want to call this group, wants Trump gone!

The "Sheep" that continue to believe and follow this overblown Flu are easy to lead around by the nose...

Understand I believe the virus is real, highly contagious and I believe it has contributed to the deaths of many people, but it's not as advertised and if you believe it is, I have a sweet ocean front home for you in Malibu for $500K...

So to even suggest we tie the vaccine to a monetary support for the less fortunate falls inline with the "Fear Mongering" of the DNC / Liberal Agendas that are so well documented from our past...

The vaccine at this point will be rejected by a large percentage of the population, the yearly flu shot percentage is below 43% of adults and the group most susceptible is in the 65% range...yet we lose 65,000 roughly a year...let's see where we end up with total deaths YOY before we destroy the economy and really screw up peoples lives and generations to come...

Someday the truth will occur, are you going to be the "Sheep" or the "Shepherd"???

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com

Candy we are at opposite ends of the spectrum with COVID-19...with a estimated 99% recovery rate, we don't tie stimulus checks to the vaccine at all, even the suggestion of this is in-humane to say the least...

Our reaction to this has been over the top...in time the facts will state the obvious, if Biden is ultimately certified as the winner, no one in their right mind is going to follow a mandatory mask mandate, we have a minimum of 70+ million Americans who will tell him no, and anymore suggestions to lockdown will put people in the streets to hang the idiot mandating this...

Today De blasio got his ass handed to him I read by the parents of New York City, Cuomo supposedly ripped him as well...

This charade is running out of steam, it's amazing that it has lasted this long...we all know it's only gone on this long because the Deep State, or what ever we want to call this group, wants Trump gone!

The "Sheep" that continue to believe and follow this overblown Flu are easy to lead around by the nose...

Understand I believe the virus is real, highly contagious and I believe it has contributed to the deaths of many people, but it's not as advertised and if you believe it is, I have a sweet ocean front home for you in Malibu for $500K...

So to even suggest we tie the vaccine to a monetary support for the less fortunate falls inline with the "Fear Mongering" of the DNC / Liberal Agendas that are so well documented from our past...

The vaccine at this point will be rejected by a large percentage of the population, the yearly flu shot percentage is below 43% of adults and the group most susceptible is in the 65% range...yet we lose 65,000 roughly a year...let's see where we end up with total deaths YOY before we destroy the economy and really screw up peoples lives and generations to come...

Someday the truth will occur, are you going to be the "Sheep" or the "Shepherd"???
42 people died in one day in South Dakota of covid related deaths. In a recent flu season 78 people died in SD...total. This virus is a killer.

If you don't want the shot...don't get it I suppose.

I agree with you that the incentive is ghoulish because of the precedent it sets. I don't see how giving someone a life saving vaccine and a check is "inhumane" though.

I don't see how giving someone a life saving vaccine and a check is "inhumane" though.
When you tell them to take the vaccine or we don't give you the money, that's in-humane in my way of thinking, but that's just me...

My father in law lives on a fixed income as do most elderly, the check will give him a cushion he otherwise wouldn't have...

42 people died in one day in South Dakota of covid related deaths. In a recent flu season 78 people died in SD...total. This virus is a killer.
You do understand numbers have been used to manipulate the deaths don't you? You do understand this was going to kill 2 million people? We have had millions upon millions of people exposed to this virus in the last 10 to 12 months and we "think" 250,000 people have died from it, when in reality the majority have had other complications that lead to their demise. When the YOY deaths are announced sometime in the next 24 months for 2020, then we can have a real understanding if COVID-19 was as deadly as we are led to believe, until then I have serious doubts we have lost 250,000 people to this virus...

I don't see how giving someone a life saving vaccine and a check is "inhumane" though.
When you tell them to take the vaccine or we don't give you the money, that's in-humane in my way of thinking, but that's just me...

My father in law lives on a fixed income as do most elderly, the check will give him a cushion he otherwise wouldn't have...

You do understand numbers have been used to manipulate the deaths don't you? You do understand this was going to kill 2 million people? We have had millions upon millions of people exposed to this virus in the last 10 to 12 months and we "think" 250,000 people have died from it, when in reality the majority have had other complications that lead to their demise. When the YOY deaths are announced sometime in the next 24 months for 2020, then we can have a real understanding if COVID-19 was as deadly as we are led to believe, until then I have serious doubts we have lost 250,000 people to this virus...

42 deaths in one day due to covid related issues is 42 deaths. We've actually lost quite a few more. With every new disease, virus, germ, etc...there is a period where the COD isn't truly known and attributed to known factors.

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com

Funny you should say that: it is the very view of the Democrats.

Wanna see a great example of exactly what you wrote?

The attitude of the FDR government can be seen in these words of A.B. “Happy” Chandler, a former Kentucky governor: “[A]ll of us owe the government; we owe it for everything we have—and that is the basis of obligation—and the government can take everything we have if the government needs it. . . . The government can assert its right to have all the taxes it needs for any purpose, either now or at any time in the future.”

From a speech delivered on the Senate floor

May 14, 1943
Happy Chandler's dangerous statism - The Bluegrass Institute for Public Policy Solutions

Forum List

Back