Tying Stimulus to Vaccines

For or Against: Should we tie the next round of COVID relief direct payments to getting vaccinated

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you are basically having to bribe people to take one of vaccines isn't that saying you don't really have any confidence in it and make even more people not want to take it?
This is just the carrot. Next is the stick. Wait and see.

We will have a full-blown shooting war and this will be one of the reasons.

Or.....you just want to shoot someone. And are looking for your excuse.
I hope he doesn't think anyone takes him seriously.

How do we prove we had the vaccine filling out an online application? It's a clever incentive, but #1) technically difficult to implement and #2) it will be summer, at least, before everyone can be immunized. Hopefully, they aren't waiting that long for the next stimulus check?

Screw how they are going to prove someone got the vaccine ... Where'd they get the money to write the fools a stimulus check ... :thup:
You live in a world of make believe money, that is tied to nothing more than expanding Governmental control.

You deserve the empty, meaningless shit you get in return for your foolish desires.

You should have looked at the links before commenting. You sound like an idiot.

Hello.

Smerconish had a great poll question on his site and I wanted to get our board's input.

Essentially it goes like this. When we have our second round of stimulus tie getting your direct payment from the Government to whether you have taken one of the vaccines. The amount being talked about is $1,500. For a family of four, that is $6,000.

www.Smerconish.com
Well that didn’t take long for you people to go full fascist.
If you're too scared of a needle, don't take the stimulus. No one is making you get the shot.

I wish there was a way we could make you, though.
Don't Taz Me is right.

Due to HIPA, this would be clearly Unconstitutional, it would violate equal protection laws.

Those who object based on philosophical and religious grounds are not being protected.
Good point. But I don't think it's strictly unconstitutional....we incentivize behavior all the time.

Hello.

Smerconish had a great poll question on his site and I wanted to get our board's input.

Essentially it goes like this. When we have our second round of stimulus tie getting your direct payment from the Government to whether you have taken one of the vaccines. The amount being talked about is $1,500. For a family of four, that is $6,000.

www.Smerconish.com
If you're too scared of a needle, don't take the stimulus. No one is making you get the shot.

Don't Taz Me is right.

Due to HIPA, this would be clearly Unconstitutional, it would violate equal protection laws.

Those who object based on philosophical and religious grounds are not being protected.
Good point. But I don't think it's strictly unconstitutional....we incentivize behavior all the time.
But why should folks that have already been exposed and had their immune systems make antigens, be exposed to the inevitable side effects of vaccines, when they already have antigens, just to receive something that is rightfully theirs under equal protection, and scientifically, they have no need of?

:dunno:

If you are basically having to bribe people to take one of vaccines isn't that saying you don't really have any confidence in it and make even more people not want to take it?
The way the congressman described it....it isn't a bribe to take the vaccine. Its a way to engender public health which benefits the greater good through mass vax. It will help stop the spread, the infection rates, the hospitalizations, and the deaths. If we're going to shell out another $500B-$2T in relief...doing so in a way that ensures more will get inoculated makes more sense than pushing the monies out and having another spike that we could have avoided.
Then just say that and lead by example when you tie money to it looks like you don't believe in what your trying to sell the people on. It's not that different from politicans who try and impose these restrictions on the public and then get caught breaking their own rules.

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com

Don't Taz Me is right.

But why should folks that have already been exposed and had their immune systems make antigens, be exposed to the inevitable side effects of vaccines, when they already have antigens, just to receive something that is rightfully theirs under equal protection, and scientifically, they have no need of?

Because fascists like CandyCornHole know better, and they “won” the election so they are entitled to take away Constitutional rights as it pleases them.

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com
McConnell would never go for it – in fact, he’ll likely oppose a stimulus package regardless.

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com
McConnell would never go for it – in fact, he’ll likely oppose a stimulus package regardless.
I come down against it myself. I just thought it was an interesting idea.

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com
What’s sad and disturbing to consider is that an incentive would be needed at all.

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com
What’s sad and disturbing to consider is that an incentive would be needed at all.
Absolutely true.

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com
A big fat Fuck No.
Smerconish is an idiot and you are too for listening to his babbling.

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com
A big fat Fuck No.

You didn't read the source material. He's against it too fuck face.
Well. Then John Delaney is an idiot and anyone listening to him.
Answer is still fuck no.

We can't afford to borrow more stimulus dollars to bribe people to take a vaccine.

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com
A big fat Fuck No.

You didn't read the source material. He's against it too fuck face.
Well. Then John Delaney is an idiot and anyone listening to him.
Answer is still fuck no.

We can't afford to borrow more stimulus dollars to bribe people to take a vaccine.

Theres going to be another stimulus. The school of thought is that if you're going to spend another $2T or whatever, get something tangible. We need about 75% to take the vaccine to smother the virus. This would help. I'm against it because it sets a bad precedent...some people are going to double up and probably croak as a result; it's going to create a run and shortages in some places. I can see fist fights over who goes first because some ignorant dope will start a rumor that they are going to run out of money or something....

I got it! Tie it to library debt. All late fees and books never returned..............forgiven. Free library cards for everyone! Plus $5,000 dollars to your local library.

Winter is coming on. We have homeless people. There are going to be a hell of a lot more in January. Perhaps the great and wonderful Congress will consider places that "the poors" can go during the day time since they can't manage to take care of the homeless now.

You know I put the public good first in some situations. I'd shut some people up, too. Not one bit embarrassed about it either.

If a person has a Constitutionally protected right to decide what happens with their body ...
Then that right doesn't cease to exist at abortion, or when it becomes inconvenient for the next foolish desire.

That's the problem ... It has nothing to do with the public good, but compliance.

It has everything to do with the public good. You'll not change my mind on that, so don't waste your breath.
. . . and YOU won't change your mind on what you believe is the "public good."

This disease has a mortality rate less than the Hong Kong flu of '68, yet you want to force folks to take the product of BIG PHARMA, based on some abstract, "public good?" Who decides that?

You can't prove harm here, nor can you prove this vaccine has a better success rate than the populations own immune systems.

You can't give a good reason why it should be anything more than voluntary. I see no reason why anyone other than high risk populations should take it.
Hello.

www.Smerconish.com

Don't Taz Me is right.

Common question
Is there antibody testing for COVID-19?

CDC has developed a laboratory test to help estimate how many people in the United States have been infected with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Clinicians and researchers refer to this as a serology test, and many commercial laboratories call it an antibody test.

CDC is using this serologic (antibody) test to evaluate the performance of commercial antibody tests. CDC will develop guidance for the use of antibody tests in clinical and public health settings.
Nov 3, 2020

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com

Only unintelligent people would dare take a "vaccine" containing fetal cells and Nano Particles.

You know I put the public good first in some situations. I'd shut some people up, too. Not one bit embarrassed about it either.

If a person has a Constitutionally protected right to decide what happens with their body ...
Then that right doesn't cease to exist at abortion, or when it becomes inconvenient for the next foolish desire.

That's the problem ... It has nothing to do with the public good, but compliance.

It has everything to do with the public good. You'll not change my mind on that, so don't waste your breath.
. . . and YOU won't change your mind on what you believe is the "public good."

This disease has a mortality rate less than the Hong Kong flu of '68, yet you want to force folks to take the product of BIG PHARMA, based on some abstract, "public good?" Who decides that?

You can't prove harm here, nor can you prove this vaccine has a better success rate than the populations own immune systems.

You can't give a good reason why it should be anything more than voluntary. I see no reason why anyone other than high risk populations should take it.
Hello.

www.Smerconish.com

Don't Taz Me is right.

Common question
Is there antibody testing for COVID-19?

CDC has developed a laboratory test to help estimate how many people in the United States have been infected with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Clinicians and researchers refer to this as a serology test, and many commercial laboratories call it an antibody test.

CDC is using this serologic (antibody) test to evaluate the performance of commercial antibody tests. CDC will develop guidance for the use of antibody tests in clinical and public health settings.
Nov 3, 2020

The best test is the RNA or PCR test.
The antigen and antibody tests are not as accurate.

If you have been exposed and have a positive PCR test, you will have the antibodies.
Schedule an appointment to donate convalescent plasma to assist those severely stricken with the virus.

I'll warn you ahead of time, the process is time consuming, and really sucks.
But ... You can donate about every 2 and half weeks.

Yeah I mean I would be eager to take one of the vaccines once approved by the FDA, but that’s a personal decision. The vaccine being effective would be its own reward and enough incentive for me.

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com

why don’t you just give them full access to everything you have?

Forum List

Back